NEWS

Anarchy 2050's book ETA?

• 7 Replies

SITZKRIEG

• Newb
« on: <05-10-21/1634:25> »
The title pretty much says it all.  Any info on the 2050's themed book for Anarchy mentioned last year?  Any previews?  Interviews?  News tidbits?  Is it still on the schedule?  I've been away from Shadowrun for months after my group fell apart and was hoping that the next book for the ruleset had been released.  I'm a bit surprised to see no real info on it here.

Theograth

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <10-03-21/1751:52> »
Curious as well, feel like it’s been a while since we’d heard anything.

Possessed

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <12-15-21/0145:26> »
It is here now.

Has anyone had the time to go through it yet?

Erik G

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <12-18-21/0811:17> »
It is out on PDF - looks pretty solid at first, very quick, flip through.  Might be time to dust off the old adventures!

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <12-18-21/1819:57> »
Woah, I hadn't heard that this dropped. This is exciting!

If anyone goes through it, please update us with your impressions.

SITZKRIEG

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <01-29-22/2224:58> »
Any thoughts on this?  I haven't heard too much chatter on the subject and it doesn't seem like it expands on the core rulebook sections that could use some more structure (even for a rules-light game!).   

Lipe82

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <06-19-22/2116:01> »
Is it too late? I just got my PDF of it so here is a quick review of it if it's helpful for someone.
The art of the book is similar and sometimes better than Anarchy core. A lot of recycled artwork as well, but overall I liked it.

Chapter 1 covers the Shadowrun timeline leading to Second Edition (roughly 2050), complete with how Goblinization took place, the AAA Corps and their status for that timeframe, a 3ish page guide on Seattle, list of gangs and slangs. Besides nostalgia, it's also great for players who started with newer editions to get a glimpse of how things ran back then.

Chapter 2 is 20 premade runners. I didnt go as deep as to check if the stats are all over the place like a few in the core Anarchy book.

Chapter 3 brings NPCs, antagonists and some iconic NPCs (second edition was heavy on them) such as Captain Chaos, Maria Mercurial and freaking Harlequin (whose statblock basically is "lol no you don't").

Chapter 4 was my favorite. They got all classic, iconic adventure modules of second edition and turned them into quick, ready to play contracts. You'll find versions of Mercurial, Harlequin (the one about his feud with Ehram), events connected to Super Tuesday/Dunkelzahn's Will and more. They're all short and not at all as deep as the originals, but really cool throwbacks in a way that fits Anarchy fast paced play really well. For example, original Super Tuesday had runners hired by all Presidential candidates and these jobs could influence the result; in here, you run only for Dunkelzhan as officially he will win the election at the end of the day. It proceeds to his death and treasure race of his Will. So it respects most SR cannon but allows you to see closely how it went the way it did.

Chapter 5 is a catalog of Shadow Amps with more spells, cyberware, qualities, gear and guns. I love how they added a little something to guns here so no 2 guns feel the same (unlike core Anarchy)

Chapter 6 is Optional Rules that I personally felt like they just really wanted to boost the page count. They are not bad (in short: suggestions to use a condition monitor to track progress of your game), just really, really unnecessary.

While it has no revolutionary rule or anything, I loved the book for the same reason I love SR Anarchy - it brings SR in all its glory but in simplified mechanic terms, allowing us to try or revisit really great moments from classic Shadowrun.

jtnlange

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <09-03-22/2117:01> »
This is a PDF only product correct?

Trevor L.
Shadowrun has a different definition of fair than a game like D&D. In D&D fair means not throwing the PC's up against things they can't beat. In Shadowrun fair is if you piss off the dude with the gauss rifle you eat a gauss rifle - ShadowcatX

SR1+ SR2+ SR3++ SR4+ SR5+ h b+++ B+ D UB++ IE+ DSF+