NEWS

New fourm

• 12 Replies

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« on: <09-09-10/0625:33> »
This is truely just a see what people think question.

My thought is this:

It'd be a fourm that is exclusively for help me make character x or character z as i'm just not sure what/how to do it.

Also for hey guys look I made this character and I am wanting some thoughts on it.

I think this would be of use to new players the most but long time players also need help sometimes or just want to show off the latest creation.

As there are several fourms now I just figured it'd be better to see if this was something people were interested in before the Moderators just add it in.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #1 on: <09-09-10/0626:03> »
My vote is of course a yes.
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #2 on: <09-09-10/0629:54> »
Such topics will come up, and I think that a separate sub-forum would be good. These things will be talked about any way, so we might as well group them in one place so you don't have to go searching the whole forum for posts on the subject.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #3 on: <09-09-10/0659:15> »
Creating a character using the mechanics is one thing, but I've been gaming for roughly 30 years. once the Mechanics are learned... Now is the Character RIGHT for the game its in? is a bit of a different story. Do you really want to bring a Face on a romp in the forest? Then again My Minotaur isn't necessarily the best to bring on a mission to steal fine china ;)
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Lansdren

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <09-09-10/0825:19> »
I think its a fair request,

I can see it being a nice place to send people to just for ideas when putting a new team together
"Didnt anyone tell you as security school to geek the mage first?"  "I guess I will just have to educate you with a introduction to my boomstick"

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #5 on: <09-09-10/0926:25> »
Yeah. I would like to see other player ideas to give me more evil to punish a GM with.
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #6 on: <09-09-10/1001:30> »
Yeah. I would like to see other player ideas to give me more evil to punish a GM with.
Of course you realize that GMs go through these types of thread looking for Prime Runners to put up against you, right? :)

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #7 on: <09-09-10/1947:56> »
Heck we could even put in our own creations as pregens for people to use.
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <09-09-10/1956:14> »
I'd be all over that asking you guys my stupid questions! :D

lolirdumb.

In all seriousness I think it'd really help. It's my group's first time playing SR. All of us. Having an official "halp." forum for getting started would be lovely.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #9 on: <09-09-10/2033:32> »
Y'know, there's really no need to make a big production out of it, set up a poll, and make such a big deal out of it.

You can just post the suggestion, or PM it to Jason, and the odds are good he'll set it up -- folks already have with other forum/subforum ideas.  He's pretty easygoing about this sort of thing.   ;D

The Doomed One

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <09-09-10/2042:28> »
Of course you realize that GMs go through these types of thread looking for Prime Runners to put up against you, right? :)
Prime Runners, Prime Runners, Shooty, Stabby, Death  ;D
Pie > Cake

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <09-10-10/0910:56> »
Prime Runners, Prime Runners, Shooty, Stabby, Death  ;D

Yeah this one doesn't need any help in that aspect. *pokes doomerz*

<grumble>stupidvampiregettingtwofireballsoffinrapidsuccession</grumble>
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #12 on: <09-10-10/1854:09> »
Y'know, there's really no need to make a big production out of it, set up a poll, and make such a big deal out of it.

You can just post the suggestion, or PM it to Jason, and the odds are good he'll set it up -- folks already have with other forum/subforum ideas.  He's pretty easygoing about this sort of thing.   ;D

Well my though was see if anyone wanted it first as there are already several threads up.

But yeah it looks like people agree mostly so.
Joel "Casazil" Rogers