[SR5] Chrome Flesh

• 280 Replies

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <06-27-15/1325:40> »
I dunno if we'll have copies available at GenCon or not. It's gonna be *close*, but I know Jason wanted to have them there.

After all the reading that went into this, I think I could do decently in a pre-med course. Gah.

So fun!

But gah.

adzling

« Reply #17 on: <06-27-15/1340:23> »
let's hope they got the table of contents fixed and continue with the improvements to the editing process!

wonder when the pdf will hit drivethrurpg?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <06-27-15/1735:54> »
Very nice ;D

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #19 on: <06-28-15/1130:37> »
I can't say I'm a big fan of the last few covers. I really like Victor Leza's artwork, so I hope he'll be back in future books.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #20 on: <06-28-15/1137:29> »
its very nice, but i wish that the cover would show maybe more... you know... chrome flesh? all you see is a cyberarm and its not even the one closest to you. maybe should have been a torso and or arm....

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <06-28-15/1139:04> »
Sadly, I can't give details (NDA and all that!), but just thought you'd like to know that you're not just getting updated 4th ed stuff, but new stuff as well. There's brand-new bits of cyberware alone, on top of bringing most of the 4th ed stuff in, a bit of gear not seen since 1st edition, and some wireless things.

Plus fluff, Glorious, glorious fluff.

And, chummer, the art in this is *so* pretty. I don't know where they find 'em all, but I'm tres jealous. I got ideas for at least four characters just from the art inside.

I'm hyped to get myself a copy, that's for dang sure.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <06-29-15/0031:12> »
*grabby hands*
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <06-29-15/0131:51> »
I really wish the tumbler had not said that the PDF will be available very soon, as now I'm checking every hour or so to see if it dropped.  My wife is getting annoyed with me.
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.
Therefore, if ignorance is bliss, enlightenment must be pure hell.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <06-29-15/0145:33> »
I really wish the tumbler had not said that the PDF will be available very soon, as now I'm checking every hour or so to see if it dropped.  My wife is getting annoyed with me.

I know the feeling...
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <06-29-15/1012:07> »
While you're waiting, is there anything that you're hoping will be there in particular?

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <06-29-15/1015:38> »
Advanced medtech rules. Toxins, drugs, and other chemicals. Something that makes cyberlimbs more attractive choices, because without the ability to affect movement rate and/or physical limit they are essentially expensive containers at the moment. Cyberzombie rules and background material. Type O or similar qualities that allow a street samurai to pack more chrome into the WEAK FLESH! *ehem*

More ware, though I hope that's a given :)

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <06-29-15/1025:18> »
My mage is always on the lookout for more toys to fit into her arm.

Honestly I'd love to see odds and ends for cyberlimbs, things like a fingertip lighters, flashlights.  The return of autoinjectors, would love to see the option to use them with fingertip needles in addition to personal use.  Cyberlimb optimization.  Headware modifications, more earware.
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <06-29-15/1116:42> »
Oh, something to give the much more expensive cybereyes and cyberears an edge over vision and audio devices with enhancements beyond "they can't be taken away from you". If an implanted smartlink is inherently better than a non implanted smartlink, I think applying the same principle to cybereyes and cyberears will make them much more attractive options for a wider range of people.

As it stands, you almost never see character builds like the iconic street samurai with implanted senses because you can get the same benefit for less by buying contacts, glasses or goggles, and ear buds or headphones. The only ear or eyeware exclusives are ocular drones, retinal duplication, dampers, and balance augmenter.
« Last Edit: <06-29-15/1215:56> by Herr Brackhaus »

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <06-29-15/1208:07> »
It is sad that my mage has a better cyber eyes and ears setup than many of the Sam's I've run with.