NEWS

A. Nonymous

• 766 Replies

Ten-Hex

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <03-28-11/1218:56> »
Totally taking a stab in the dark on this one, but any chance it could be H? He's had a penchant for using really bad puns as pseudonyms in the past, and has little love for the Azzies.

The wording in the commentary doesn't really feel like his style, but it's not like he's got the most stable, concrete personality.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #46 on: <03-28-11/1246:30> »
I'm sure Frosty would have something to say about that.  Or maybe not if she was ordered not to.

But he's not a 1337 hacker to break through FastJack's security, so not as likely.  That said, apparently he has been playing a lot of MMOs, so who knows?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #47 on: <03-28-11/2041:24> »
You can get the drafts of Shadows of Latin America here: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=31114
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #48 on: <03-28-11/2107:15> »
AWESOME!! Thank you much. ;D
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #49 on: <03-28-11/2117:44> »
Your welcome glad I could help. Since it wasn't published it's not canon but it's the best glimpse we have of the area.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

MK Ultra

• Newb
« Reply #50 on: <03-29-11/0531:10> »
If you want the official line on the area, also check out 6th World Almanach. It is very limited (got to be expected, when comparing it to a bunch of previous books dealing with 'only' 1 continent or even a single country), but it does have some info on Argentina and Amazonia, as well as Aztlan.

Back on topic - the AI theory sounds intriguing. I have never fully read through my copy of Emergence, so I cant judge it, though.

If itīs an Azt insider, it might be Oliver McClure (sp?), the nice guy, that Dunkelzahn bequested with a seat on the Aztech board. He was pretty outmatched in his struggle to make Aztech a better corp as of late, IIRC (Corpguide I think), and he would have verry, verry good reasons to hide his identity, if he was the sorce.  :-X

Or maybe it could be ... Juan Azcapotzalco, the zombi CEO from beyond the grave. I never quiet bought that 'bombed at the peace summet' story, after he had vanished for so long.  :o

@ Frostriese
It was Leonardo Da Vinci, not Michelangelo. Was he really killed by SK/Lofwyr? Never read the Novel, from what I got out of Blood in the Boardroom, he just vanished and SK bulldozered his shak. Could still be the same Salai, but I donīt see an Aztech conection, either. Seems unlikely, he joined the Azt-Guerreros after his master left, but who knows.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <03-29-11/0629:31> »
Leonardo may not be dead . . . as of Corporate Guide.  Page 160.  Dr Antonio Vieri may in fact be Leonardo/Brightlight, given the references to him, particularly in the Aztlan s/b.  Unfortunately the entry by Stone is not given a date, so there's no way to be sure.

But yeah, Brightlight or a student of his could be a candidate for the posts.

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #52 on: <03-29-11/1010:36> »
Back on topic - the AI theory sounds intriguing. I have never fully read through my copy of Emergence, so I cant judge it, though.

Only reason I brought that up is in the Chapter "The Soul of a New Machine" in the Emergence book an AI (Sojourner) that Aztechnology had been restraining and presumable experimenting on escapes their labs and uploads itself to R&D orbital lab, the Tlaloc. It then holds the world hostage with vector-housing warheads. After another AI (Pulsar) ends up negotiating a stand down.

If any new player to the Sixth World Stage would want to mess with Aztechnology and could easily hack a VPN like JackPoint and only leave 'strange anomalies', I'd put my money on Sojourner or another AI.

Fortinbras

• Chummer
« Reply #53 on: <03-29-11/1031:14> »
Sojourner was a NeoNET AI. NeoNET sent him on a mission to get info from an Azzie satellite and, once out of their clutches, Sojourner took it upon himself to free himself onto the Matrix and out AIs the world over.
The only thing of note about Tlaloc is that it wasn't what the Azzie say it is, but then again what is?
O, proud Death, What feast is toward thine eternal cell, That thou so many princes at a shot So bloodily hast struck?
Fortinbras- Hamlet. Act V, Sceen II

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #54 on: <03-29-11/1857:45> »
It had been a while since I read the Emergence book, but yeah.

Fortinbras

• Chummer
« Reply #55 on: <03-30-11/0019:44> »
I wouldn't know if it weren't for the fact that I'm finishing up Emergence right now. Just Realm Beyond and Digging Dirt to go. Because there wasn't much cap or explanation for either I'm turning it into a Resonance Realm adventure.
O, proud Death, What feast is toward thine eternal cell, That thou so many princes at a shot So bloodily hast struck?
Fortinbras- Hamlet. Act V, Sceen II

Frostriese

• Chummer
« Reply #56 on: <03-30-11/0715:44> »
It was Leonardo Da Vinci, not Michelangelo.
The hell did I mess that up? Excuse me, I'll have to go commit seppuku. Or at least lose several fingers.

Was he really killed by SK/Lofwyr?
By Lofwyr personally, who came bargin in into his retreat in South Iraq in the Techno Babel novel.

Seems unlikely, he joined the Azt-Guerreros after his master left, but who knows.
Wait, he did?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #57 on: <03-30-11/1212:48> »
Do not meddle in the affairs of Lofwyr, for you are crunchy and he owns a company that makes ketchup.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <03-30-11/1412:46> »
By Lofwyr personally, who came bargin in into his retreat in South Iraq in the Techno Babel novel.
The scene in Technobabel, chapter 29, actually takes a place "in a secret sanctuary in Africa". In Black Madonna and Blood in the Boardroom, Brightlight secret sanctuary is in Ahvaz, Iran (though not that far from the Iraqi border). It's not clear if it's a mistake (in which case BitB, being a sourcebook, would have precedence over novels and make Ahvaz the canonical place) or if Brightlight moved at some point.

Frostriese

• Chummer
« Reply #59 on: <03-30-11/1446:25> »
Interesting. Of course, Renraku effectively purchased the Ahvaz facility, so maybe Lofwyr did not want to treat on megacorporate toes. Which however would then mean the Ahvaz facility still exists... (and I should have looked the chapter up instead of going by gut memory. South Iran, not South Iraq, right, and the murder takes place in Africa)