NEWS

What really happened.....? (Or, the official-unofficial drek)

• 95 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #15 on: <09-09-10/1810:34> »
I'd not make him an AI. There's already been established e-ghosts in the Matrix (Alice Haeffner), so just having him on the `trix should be enough. The designers shouldn't even need to stat him out.

SpiderWord

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <09-10-10/1247:35> »
Concerning Horrors... From what I recall from Earthdawn (correct if I'm wrong beloved chummers) they popped in once the Magic was too high. I figure that the same "Invasion" will happen sooner or later in the current Setting of Shadowrun. In the end what moves the true fabric of Earthdawn and Shadowrun is the Circle. They will come back *Scary Voice*
"Where's the Dragon?" *Stomped*

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #17 on: <09-10-10/1344:00> »
Yeah. There were mana spikes, like the one created by the Great Ghost Dance that made bridging the gap easier (Harlequin's Back/Dragonheart Saga novels), but they're being 'cleaned up' and the Horrors shouldn't appear for a few more centuries.

anotherJack

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <09-10-10/1426:25> »
Yeah. There were mana spikes, like the one created by the Great Ghost Dance that made bridging the gap easier (Harlequin's Back/Dragonheart Saga novels), but they're being 'cleaned up' and the Horrors shouldn't appear for a few more centuries.
The scourge shouldn't, but some horrors already have.
If Ysrthgrathe succeded to pass, it can't be the only one. Not the most powerfull horrors however are here, since they really need more mana, but very clever ones. The one I'm waiting for, which I think will be the big deal this time, is Artificer.  ;D
By the way, wasn't there a project of a new RPG based on the sixth world future ? or was it only a rumor ?
Me am french, me am not speaking good english, but me am trying to correct this.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #19 on: <09-10-10/1440:31> »
The scourge shouldn't, but some horrors already have.
If Ysrthgrathe succeded to pass, it can't be the only one. Not the most powerfull horrors however are here, since they really need more mana, but very clever ones. The one I'm waiting for, which I think will be the big deal this time, is Artificer.  ;D
By the way, wasn't there a project of a new RPG based on the sixth world future ? or was it only a rumor ?
Some of the clever ones may have made it over by using the mana spikes, but those are being neutralized on the metaplanes, so any further Horrors getting over will be extremely rare OR with deliberate help from some on this side.

You may be thinking of the April Fool's project, BattleRun, combining BattleTech and Shadowrun in the Eight World... ;)

anotherJack

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <09-10-10/1446:18> »
Maybe ^^ anyway, I always thought a RPG after the second scourge would be a great universe to play in. Too bad if it was only a joke.
Me am french, me am not speaking good english, but me am trying to correct this.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #21 on: <09-10-10/1517:41> »
Well, there's also CthulhuTech, put out by WildFire/Sandstorm Games. Mecha + Cthulhu = Win

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #22 on: <09-10-10/1806:08> »
He may also be thinking of eclipse phase.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

anotherJack

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <09-11-10/0307:43> »
It might ^^

EDIT : after reading.
I'm dubitative about the setting. I hoped a post-apo setting, which could allow to simplify the world while keeping its major mechanics. Space op' on the other hand may make it more complex, and I'm not sure how magic and space op' will work together. But I think the same as been said about Shadowrun before its release. So w&s.
« Last Edit: <09-11-10/0510:36> by anotherJack »

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <09-14-10/1803:51> »
Yea.  On the surface, Shadowrun shouldn't work.  Magic and elves and dragons mixed in with dystopian future and technology run amok?  No way it should work.  But it did, and it is my FAVORITE RPG setting ever to walk down the lane.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <09-14-10/1827:28> »
Anything will work....you just have to put in a little imagination to make all the pieces stick together.

For more interesting or supposedly impossible to game worlds, read Gurps Infinite worlds for more info. Heck maybe in a GURPS Infinite worlds campaign, Shadowrun would be an alternate earth probably designated by Homeline as:

Merlin-4 Current Year 2030 AD. TL: 9. Mana level: normal/some places high. Great Powers(Japanese Empire CR 4 for Japanese home islands, 5 for occupied territories, 6 for Metahumans), Aztlan CR 5, UCAS CR 3). Infinity class: Z3. Centrum Zone: RED.

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <09-14-10/1838:28> »
Oh yeah Homeline and Centrum Reactions:

Merlin-4(Shadowrun timeline) would actually be sealed off and under quarantine by Infinity and Centrum and labeled a dangerous timeline. However both sides probalby have spies who are trying to harvest the tech and magic(with little success as the computer tech homeline managed to procure from Merlin-4 does not work in line to natural laws in Homeline). Same too with Centrum.

Cabal probably has a presence in this timeline and but not Reich-4(god forbid).

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <09-14-10/1930:52> »
I'm thinking the dragons and, most especially, the fact that it is a waypoint for the Horrors would make them leery of stepping foot there.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <09-14-10/1933:08> »
Actually I think its also revealing the secret(travelling from one timeline to another) that scares them the most.