NEWS

[SR6] Double Clutch - Do factory installted items block modification slots?

• 5 Replies

Robert

• Newb
« on: <05-30-23/0740:58> »
There does not seem to be any clear statement, if factory installed items block modification slots in vehicles.

However some examples let me believe they do:
  • Ford Lifeline "As a result, the Lifeline cannot accept  any  additional  modifications  unless  the original equipment is removed."
  • Federated-Boeing Sky Commander "The drawback to this is that almost every cubic centimeter of the drone is packed full of gear and operating systems. Even  a  glancing  blow  risks  knocking  out  a  vital system,  and  there  is  no  room  for  any  weapons, even for defense. "

So what do you think?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <05-30-23/0747:15> »
I would say that these cases are exceptions on a default rule myself.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <05-30-23/1445:05> »
For what it's worth....

Shadowrun Missions does not count built in modifications as costing modification slots.

The German version does, if I recall correctly.

I can't recall what the French version decided.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-01-23/0928:28> »
For what it's worth....

Shadowrun Missions does not count built in modifications as costing modification slots.

The German version does, if I recall correctly.

I can't recall what the French version decided.

Considering the people who write the Missions guide also write the errata and wrote that chapter if Double Clutch... guess who has it right?
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Robert

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <06-05-23/0841:59> »
The text in SRM Guide 1.8 is "Does standard equipment consume space for mod slots? No, however removing the mod does not open additional mod slots."

That does not make any sense from a "real life technical perspective" and also not from a role game power balancing perspective.

The German official rules ("Vollgas" which is the translation of "Double Clutch" rule book) state on page 22 (translated) "The standard equipment listed for the vehicles in this and the next chapter counts against the available modification slots of the respective modell (see "Making it yours", p. 118). For example the Toyota Daytripper (body 12) with passenger safety system 2 as standard equipment does not have 12 Chassis modification slots anymore, but only 11".

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <06-05-23/1002:06> »
So what are you asking? You said there's no clear statement and asked for opinions. People state the SRM Guide is following the writer intent. Now you argue that the writers are wrong? I'm not sure what you really want here.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!