NEWS

Average karma for CMP missions

• 4 Replies

nojosecool

• Chummer
  • RE:PWN
« on: <05-29-11/0050:34> »
I know that this will vary from game to game, but can anyone give me a ballpark value for usual karma and nuyen rewards for completing one of the CMP missions?

Thanks,

-Joe
This is not Grand Theft Auto, this is Shadowrun.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #1 on: <05-29-11/0334:39> »
It...  Depends. :)

The 2010 CMPs from last year were designed as companion adventures to go along side the Season 3 stuff.  As such, they had a similar pay scale (WHich scaled by table rating) and used the S3 Karma scale (max of 6 Karma if you hit every objective and were deemed a good, fun roleplayer.

The 2011 CMPs follow the Season 4 model, which updated things slightly using the SR4A karma model, and streamlined the payscales (and removed Table Rating).  Pay depends on the overall difficulty of the mission, as does Karma.  An easier adventure may pay as little as 5K.  The average adventure probably averages about 10,000¥.  High end adventures top out toward the 20K scale (THese should be fairly rare though).  Karma generally is 8 or 9 max Karma per adventure, with easier adventures maybe topping out at 7.

Also as a note, the 2010 Missions are being run again in limited numbers at Origins and Gen Con this year (And possibly Dragon Con).  We're retooling them slightly to remove Table Rating and put the pay and karma scales on par with the 2011/Season 4 stuff, as we're assuming that most players have moved over to Season 4 now.

nojosecool

• Chummer
  • RE:PWN
« Reply #2 on: <05-29-11/1012:13> »
Thanks for the quick and thorough answer, Bull.  Both qualities of a good 'runner!  I'm heading to Origins this year, and I'd like to have a rough advancement track figured out before I show up.  I'm playing lots of back-to-back games on some days, so it will be a good time saver.  Basically, I want to be able to apply Karma and purchase gear over the course of about 5-10 minutes between sessions.

-Joe
This is not Grand Theft Auto, this is Shadowrun.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #3 on: <05-29-11/1232:28> »
Not a bad idea!  Look forward to seeing you there!  I'll be the big, harried looking ork trying to organize things! :)

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #4 on: <06-16-11/0627:15> »
Score.  I'm heading to Origins with nojose and this info really simplifies my planned progression for the voodoo touch mage I'm begging people to criticize harshly to avoid any massive noob mistakes in character generation.

Took a little prodding but this community has turned out to be very helpful in moving from a horrible first draft to a hopefully sound second draft.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher