NEWS

Bullets that tear you to bits

• 49 Replies

Inconnu

• Omae
« on: <03-19-12/1302:08> »
You know how explosive rounds just shatter? Now i have a idea for a bullet that goes boom.
Gory Rounds( :o )
Cost-200/10
Damage- -2/2p
Ap+1
Special- Uses Chunky Salsa. If armor is pierced, deal 10p with -20 ap(The bullet is hitting you from INSIDE... Armor won't do jack shit) IF armor is not pierced, dgrade armor anyway and deal 2p with 1/2 -4 I armor.
Availibility- 12F

Explosive Dagger-
Cost-1000
Damage-Str/2
Ap+1
See gory rounds, except that if armor is not pierced, degrade 2 times, and if it is, degrade once and deal 20p. Good for fighting trolls.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #1 on: <03-19-12/1313:12> »
I think these are a bit much.

BRKNdevil

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-19-12/1322:44> »
exceedingly so
 if its 20P thats llike a grenade going of inside of you, actually more so.
i think the secondary damage idea like in chemical resist tests and 4P at the most cause if its 20P with a dagger, the guy might die but ur losing an arm

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-19-12/1327:10> »
Isn't there a nanite that shreds you on the inside that does that?

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <03-19-12/1330:05> »
Chunky salsa. Chunky salsa.
That is, 10 or 20 p is understating the case.
Also, the daggger is intended to be thrown, but o figure that fanatics might walk right up to you and plant it in your gut.

Because really, with chunky salsa, the bullet wave from the rounds are only going maybe an inch.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #5 on: <03-19-12/1334:14> »
Chunky salsa. Chunky salsa.
That is, 10 or 20 p is understating the case.
Yes, we know.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #6 on: <03-19-12/1344:35> »
You can reply Chunky Salsa all you like, those things are horribly, horribly broken.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <03-19-12/1347:46> »
Depends on your definition of broken.

On the other hand, we can just say it tears off the limb it hits and leave it at that.....

My definition of broken is somthing that ignores the laws of physics. Or reality. Ignoring magic for the moment.

We can balance these by saying that overuse causes notoriety.

Also, you'll have a hard time explaining the fact that your armor jacket is covered with blood...

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #8 on: <03-19-12/1348:50> »

On the other hand, we can just say it tears off the limb it hits and leave it at that.....

My definition of broken is somthing that ignores the laws of physics. Or reality. Ignoring magic for the moment.

We can balance these by saying that overuse causes notoriety.

Also, you'll have a hard time explaining the fact that your armor jacket is covered with blood...
No.  You cannot balance these through any means.  They are tremendously overpowered, and absurdly so. 

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #9 on: <03-19-12/1352:53> »
One shot instant kill if it gets through your armor and if it doesn't it is just one shot horrible maiming plus your armor is in ruins is pretty much the definition of broken. This is like giving Disintegrate to a first level sorcerer in D&D, and letting them do it at will.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Gungnir

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <03-19-12/1357:40> »
Realistic or not, it doesn't seem fun.

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #11 on: <03-19-12/1401:00> »
Its plenty realistic, but so is making characters take poop breaks, and that's not fun either (though I have afflicted a char with allergies and no toilet paper)

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <03-19-12/1414:32> »
Make it so that the moment you use it, you get the entire UCAS on your butt to tell you what the  :-X you did?

Whatev, eh?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #13 on: <03-19-12/1420:36> »
Make it so that the moment you use it, you get the entire UCAS on your butt to tell you what the  :-X you did?

Whatev, eh?
Or, alternately, bullets this ridiculously overpowered could just not exist (much less fall into the hands of shadowrunners) in the first place.

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <03-19-12/1429:37> »
Look, this is a severe case of realism vs. balance. IF a important character is hit with this, MAKE THEM USE  :-X ing EDGE.
Also, this ammo cannot be silenced, and quite honestly, any time it gets through ANY serious armor, if you used normal bullets they'd have insta-died.
Edit- Want a example? Ok. Barret 121. 1 net hit. Armor of 14. 1 net hit. Bullet gets thru and insta-kills non-trolls.
Same gun. Armor 12. 1 net hit. Bullet hits armor and stays there. Deals 2 p.

Clearly the normal gun is superior against most armored targets.

On the other hand, we could say that a bullet is too small to include a detonator, and you must include a flamethrower....
Edited edit- Also, the cost is for materials. Bullets like this are required to be home brew and are exotic.

You happy?
« Last Edit: <03-19-12/1434:19> by Inconnu »