NEWS

Improvised explosives/Bat

• 50 Replies

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #30 on: <07-09-11/2251:59> »
I understand the logic of what you're saying fastjack but it kind of hurt my feelings. I've been on here a year now. If I wanted to make a bomb don't you think I could of went somewhere else? Could I get a message next time instead of being embarassed. I'm trying to be respectful but this was for the game and I needed it and I got what I needed for the game. People aren't all bad. I'm sorry if this is rude but I feel like I needed to make sure that assumptions aren't being made about me. Remember all those posts about hackers and mancers? I'm on here for the game. Once again I don't want to make you mad fastjack but since I started this thread I felt I needed to say something.

Chummer I don't think it's about you so much as it about everyone. no offense, but if we met on the street tomorrow i still wouldn't know who you where. On top of that this is an open and free source of knowledge. meaning it doesn't take anything to prove you're responsible enough for the things being talked about here. I don't know if an angry 14 year old is reading this and taking notes, or if it's totally legit, I could assume one or the other, or using common sense I'd err on the side of caution and not talk about what I already know. What we're talking about is for real, and can be used that same way and get people hurt or killed. Bottom line is that it isn't you we don't trust, we just don't want people using whatever they learn here because we're being helpful and having fun with a game used on others in real life. See where I'm coming from?
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #31 on: <07-09-11/2252:42> »
Kernel, I believe you're a good guy and I remember you. But there's a fine line between helping someone with their character and giving information that could lead to other people getting hurt. I don't think you would do so, but there are people out there that would and they only have to read this thread.

theKernel

• Omae
  • I believe you like it served cold -Matador
« Reply #32 on: <07-09-11/2254:16> »
Thank you...I'm sorry I assumed it was about me. I didn't mean to go off. Yea we have no way of knowing whos on here. I think about it next time.
HACK THE PLANET
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
Always start and end character creation by asking yourself "why is this character not an ork." If you don't have a good answer you should be an ork. -UmaroVI
"Stay at least one lie ahead of everyone else"-Vitriol
SR4+++hbB?!Wdk++o+++++M+P-

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #33 on: <07-09-11/2312:03> »
I can very much confirm that "Share something" deal.  Even folks that know me are scared with the knowledge I have in a variety of areas.

Usually with the statement, "HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW THAT?"  One of the reasons I hang around Vets at my FLGS/Army Surplus Store, I guess.  I can talk firearms and demo work without raising an eyebrow.  (At least, until someone remembers that I never served.).

On the flipside, my friends have outright said they're going to hide behind me when the Apocalypse happens.   ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #34 on: <07-10-11/0434:27> »
I had thought that I left some critical information out of how to make a big boom.

I didn't think I had posted anything that you couldn't get from watching Mythbusters.

My bad, no more recipes.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #35 on: <07-10-11/1355:25> »
For a Shadowrunner with the Demo skill and the Improvised Explosives Specialization, an industrial-sized janitor's closet has all you need in it for some superhappyfuntimes!  And you don't even need to sneak it past security at the front, the Corp did all the work itself.   ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

theKernel

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <07-10-11/1408:41> »
For a Shadowrunner with the Demo skill and the Improvised Explosives Specialization, an industrial-sized janitor's closet has all you need in it for some superhappyfuntimes!  And you don't even need to sneak it past security at the front, the Corp did all the work itself.   ;D
Lol dress up like a janitor and do a good con test:)
HACK THE PLANET
Always start and end character creation by asking yourself "why is this character not an ork." If you don't have a good answer you should be an ork. -UmaroVI

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #37 on: <07-10-11/1413:13> »
Just never ask me about my job as a janitor.   ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

theKernel

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <07-10-11/1433:14> »
lol now I want to know
HACK THE PLANET

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #39 on: <07-10-11/1458:41> »
I cleaned things, quite well.  Fixed a vacuum cleaner that the boss was sure they'd have to throw out and replace.  And found out about the power of Industrial Strength Odor Counteragent (Literally, I made the dumpsters smell like NOTHING!  Admittedly I used it at four times the recommended strength...).

And noticed all the nice bottles that had great big huge warning labels on them.  They were all bulk purchases so didn't have all the fancy logos and colours you find with residential products, so had lots of room for them.  I don't remember them any more, but I was thinking back then, "Man, do they WANT us to experiment with this stuff or not with these warning labels?"

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

theKernel

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <07-10-11/1500:39> »
good question
HACK THE PLANET

Onion Man

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <07-10-11/1503:14> »
I'm pretty sure they want you to use the Internet and figure out what'll happen before you start mixing and matching chemicals...

Nobody want's a fizzle when the goal is a boom, and generally speaking nobody wants a cloud (unless you have a couple of bladders so the reaction happens after a delay and a barometric switch to blow your cap and shatter the casing...)
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #42 on: <07-10-11/1514:05> »
Less reality, more fantasy, folks.  We've already been warned.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Onion Man

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <07-10-11/1527:09> »
Less reality, more fantasy, folks.  We've already been warned.
Your runners should probably be checking the matrix before experimenting with random cleaners, too.  I've got this picture of a single unit in a coffin motel with a breached wall, a semi-toxic cloud (allergies at the very least being triggered), some gelatinized fuel still flaming up good, and what's left of an amateur chemist trying to stop drop and roll said flames off his body.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #44 on: <07-10-11/1530:01> »
With the new E-Supplement, we have a houseboat for that sort of thing now.   ;D

EDIT:  Just remembered an NPC my group dealt with who was a member of the Irish Republican Army in Exile (IRAiE.).  His warehouse was loaded with explosives of so many varieties that the Lone Star spent months trying to piece out just how many different types of explosives were used, almost all of them homemade.

Hey, everyone's got to have a hobby!  He was actually the group's Fixer.
« Last Edit: <07-10-11/1531:46> by CanRay »

#ThisTaserGoesTo11