NEWS

Improvised explosives/Bat

• 50 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <07-09-11/1521:19> »
We're in cuba and any and all of my bombs will be made of like cleaners and junk until I can get training to make plastic explosives as well as the bombs I get supplied
Considering that cleaning supplies includes ammonia...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

theKernel

• Omae
  • I believe you like it served cold -Matador
« Reply #16 on: <07-09-11/1538:26> »
Yessss?
HACK THE PLANET
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
Always start and end character creation by asking yourself "why is this character not an ork." If you don't have a good answer you should be an ork. -UmaroVI
"Stay at least one lie ahead of everyone else"-Vitriol
SR4+++hbB?!Wdk++o+++++M+P-

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #17 on: <07-09-11/1557:44> »
I'll shut up.  I've already figured out that I scare people.   ;D

Hey, I grew up in a mining town.  Things that go boom are a major hobby there.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #18 on: <07-09-11/1559:04> »
Ammonia + nitrogen rich fertilizer + diesel fuel = Ammonium nitrate explosives.

Add a few more misc. industrial cleaners and you get homemade AMPHO.

Also, don't forget that anyone with a hand-lathe and some metal scraps can make thermite.  A thermite charge wrapped in crushed ice will make an explosion nobody will soon forget.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

theKernel

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <07-09-11/1604:25> »
Ammonia + nitrogen rich fertilizer + diesel fuel = Ammonium nitrate explosives.

Add a few more misc. industrial cleaners and you get homemade AMPHO.

Also, don't forget that anyone with a hand-lathe and some metal scraps can make thermite.  A thermite charge wrapped in crushed ice will make an explosion nobody will soon forget.
woah
HACK THE PLANET
Always start and end character creation by asking yourself "why is this character not an ork." If you don't have a good answer you should be an ork. -UmaroVI

Onion Man

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <07-09-11/1617:12> »
What?

I thought everybody knew how to blow stuff up.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"

theKernel

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <07-09-11/1623:44> »
nope i didn't lol
HACK THE PLANET

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #22 on: <07-09-11/1633:30> »
What?

I thought everybody knew how to blow stuff up.
Found out the hard way when I moved to the prairies.  I'm also in a major city, so knowledge of firearms scares people here as well.  (Not as large a part of the population hunt here compared to home.  So the average 'Pegger only knows about firearms being in the hands of criminals, police, and the military.).

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Onion Man

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <07-09-11/1637:12> »
Trick I learned from some ex-mil buddies: if you want a bigger crater, wrap your charge in something wet, like newspaper or a towel.

Trick I learn through trial and error: Directional charges always work in 2 directions, forward and backward.  Watch what's behind your charge carefully, your casing is going to become a secondary payload and probably do some serious damage.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #24 on: <07-09-11/2150:04> »
your character needs a baseball knowledge skill for the bat. he's just going to meet some buddies to play ball. ;D
As for improvised explosives, you're gonna have to narrow it down, is he looking for demo that can take down a building, or IED's to attack convoys, or anti personnel pipe/fire bombs and mines? As the other's have already stated, there are plenty of ways to use basic house hold cleaners to make things blow up real pretty. You've got options chummer. Although I hesitate to list them all here just talking about this kind of stuff on the internet can get you a visit from people with initials if you go into too much detail.   
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

theKernel

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <07-09-11/2155:09> »
your character needs a baseball knowledge skill for the bat. he's just going to meet some buddies to play ball. ;D
As for improvised explosives, you're gonna have to narrow it down, is he looking for demo that can take down a building, or IED's to attack convoys, or anti personnel pipe/fire bombs and mines? As the other's have already stated, there are plenty of ways to use basic house hold cleaners to make things blow up real pretty. You've got options chummer. Although I hesitate to list them all here just talking about this kind of stuff on the internet can get you a visit from people with initials if you go into too much detail.
yea lol
HACK THE PLANET

Deliverator

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <07-09-11/2203:15> »
WTB encryption...

theKernel

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <07-09-11/2207:06> »
Get on tor
HACK THE PLANET

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #28 on: <07-09-11/2237:13> »
Not really liking what's being shared in this thread. Making explosives is not relevant to the game, so let's stick to in-game rules on how to handle explosives and baseball bats.

I also encourage everyone here to re-read what they've posted already. Take a second look and think "Is this something I should be sharing to a stranger on the internet?"

theKernel

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <07-09-11/2243:36> »
I understand the logic of what you're saying fastjack but it kind of hurt my feelings. I've been on here a year now. If I wanted to make a bomb don't you think I could of went somewhere else? Could I get a message next time instead of being embarassed. I'm trying to be respectful but this was for the game and I needed it and I got what I needed for the game. People aren't all bad. I'm sorry if this is rude but I feel like I needed to make sure that assumptions aren't being made about me. Remember all those posts about hackers and mancers? I'm on here for the game. Once again I don't want to make you mad fastjack but since I started this thread I felt I needed to say something.
HACK THE PLANET