NEWS

What's your favorite bit of Gear?

• 5 Replies

PacoBelan

• Newb
« on: <07-02-21/0748:29> »
We know shadowrun is memorable for all the fiddly little bits and bobs you can outfit your character with. What I'm asking for here is a bit of gear you made good use of that others may not have thought of, was super important and saved the run, or you just really enjoyed using.

I'll start with two of my favorites:

The Area Jammer is great for enabling stealthy takedowns of guards. Flip on the scanner, do your cool non-lethal takedown, the decker loops his biomonitor signal, stuff him in a closet and off you go. A momentary burst of static is much less suspicious than a suddenly offline biomonitor.VidMate  Mobdro

The Paint Grenade has loads of uses, depending on what substance you load it up with. Need an instant oil slick, make a room mostly inaccessible, or slow pursuit? Lube Grenade. Need an area locked down, doors fastened shut? Glue Grenade. Need to reveal invisible people, or blind cameras? Regular old paint grenade. Want an instant riot/crime against humanity? K10-DMSO Grenade (GM discretion advised).
« Last Edit: <07-05-21/0706:24> by PacoBelan »

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-02-21/1612:57> »
Never leave home without a clip of capsule rounds loaded with DMSO+Blight toxin!
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

greygriffin

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-04-21/1420:22> »
Two favourites that I love to fit in and most people overlook:

-The sleep regulator. Party all day and run all night. Stay up on overwatch for 24 hours straight (thanks attention coprocessor). Spend all night studying/data searching/registering/doing rituals while the chumps in the rest of the team have to go to bed, and wake them all up disgustingly early in the morning.

-The cybernose. Track anyone in a crowd, even the day after they went to ground. Smell out gunshot residue. Find hidden explosive charges. Notice your contact is using stinky Aztechnology tailored pheremones. Choose not to smell them.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #3 on: <07-04-21/1618:06> »
Two favourites that I love to fit in and most people overlook:

-The sleep regulator. Party all day and run all night. Stay up on overwatch for 24 hours straight (thanks attention coprocessor). Spend all night studying/data searching/registering/doing rituals while the chumps in the rest of the team have to go to bed, and wake them all up disgustingly early in the morning.

-The cybernose. Track anyone in a crowd, even the day after they went to ground. Smell out gunshot residue. Find hidden explosive charges. Notice your contact is using stinky Aztechnology tailored pheremones. Choose not to smell them.

Two very overlooked pieces of ware. Nice picks
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <07-05-21/0026:27> »
I'm with Grey on the Sleep Regulator, If I could buy it right now (IRW) I would.

I think good old Contacts (rating 3) or Glasses (rating 4) is with whatever add ons your want is always good.  I can always take off hacked glasses, can't take out (unless it's a drone) hacked eyes.

SL
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #5 on: <07-08-21/1017:59> »
In general:
- the glue sprayer.  Sometimes the ability to lock something tight is just invaluable.
- gecko gloves.  Sure they are nice for the easier climbing, but better for the general utility -- hanging on the wall above a door for example, or my #1 use "hacker/mage goes to the washroom, braces their arms on the stall walls with the gecko gloves, then goes into VR/astral and doesn't fall off the toilet"

In 6e I've become fond of the glitter grenade.  Not appropriate much of the time, but in the right circumstances it is a great edge source for your whole team, plus there is just something about coating 'tough guys' in very hard to remove glitter than amuses me every time.