NEWS

The Krime Katalog

• 56 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #30 on: <12-14-20/1247:36> »
Glad you enjoyed the book!  Let me know what happens with the stuff in your game!!!

The legal thing would be, well, it'd be huge.  And each piece of equipment would require it.  There's also a case of just how much the Security Forces are going to give a damn if they catch you with it, which would vary from sprawl-to-sprawl and neighborhood-to-neighborhood.  Even trying to do it on a country-by-country basis would be a nightmare, as Shadowrun takes place on, well, Earth.

There's some places the cops would bust you for just having a taser.  There's others that won't give a damn about a heavy pistol unless it's loaded with APDS or Explosive rounds or something like that.

For example, in my Winnipeg game, the cops don't care about light pistols, holdouts, and tasers outside of looking to see if the person has a firearms permit for the pistol or holdout.  Heavy pistols, they'll check the ammo on, and if you're loaded with gel or stick'n'shock, they'll attribute it to "self defense" and call it a day.  If the heavy pistol has normal (or worse) rounds, they'll give the holder a stern talking to while checking their SIN and Permits extensively.  Also, they don't care about revolvers, so, yeah, you can still pack that Ruger Super Warhawk in Winnipeg, as long as you have an initial load of gel rounds or such.

And, let's face it, if whatever you're facing isn't backing away after six shots from a Super Warhawk, even with gel rounds, you either need to learn to shoot better, or they deserve whatever you've got loaded into your speedloaders.

Anyhow, it's a nice thought, and I wish we could do something like that rather than a generic number/letter code, but that'd just be, well, huge.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #31 on: <01-04-21/1022:41> »
Um, OK.  Can I, get, like, an English translation for this so I can answer the...  Is this a question?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <01-04-21/1027:01> »
Um, OK.  Can I, get, like, an English translation for this so I can answer the...  Is this a question?

It's a spam bot.  The link probably sends you to to an "infect me with malware" website.  FJ will nuke the post before long.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #33 on: <01-05-21/1822:56> »
Which is a perfect time to pimp out the Krime Runner!  A mobile little drone that you throw like a grenade and screams things at your enemies!

Or your friends!

Annoy perfect strangers!!!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #34 on: <01-27-21/1255:47> »
I just wish the SR5 stats gave what type of weapon everything was. It is really annoying to figure out what is what for concealment and skills.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #35 on: <01-27-21/1834:08> »
I love the Krime Katalog; I only wish it had a table at the back with 6E conversions for the Krime products from 5E, especially Street Lethal. We rolled over to the new edition barely a year after Street Lethal hit the shelves, it'd be nice to have all those lovely toys in Sixth World. I don't suppose this exists, even unofficially?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #36 on: <01-27-21/2141:13> »
I just wish the SR5 stats gave what type of weapon everything was. It is really annoying to figure out what is what for concealment and skills.
Krime Vester - Holdout
Krime Heater - Heavy Pistol
Krime Varmint - Heavy Pistol (SMG Size/Concealment if using provided Holster/Shoulder Brace)
Krime Chatter - Machine Pistol
Krime Tradition - SMG (Assault Rifle Size/Concealment, actually)
Krime Saint Nicholas Carbine - Carbine (Automatics Skill)
AKM-97 Assault Rifle - Assault Rifle
AKM-97 Carbine - SMG
Krime Ditch - Sniper Rifle/Shotgun (Longarms Skill For Both)
Krime Stopper-II - Sawed-Off Shotgun (Heavy Pistol/Pistols Skill, a cheap Remington Roomsweeper, effectively.)
Krime Junior Carbine - Rifle (Light Pistol Ammo, Heavy Pistol Ranges)
Krime Soldier (Rifle) - Sniper Rifle (Longarms Skill)
Krime Soldier (Grenade Launcher) - Grenade Launcher (Heavy Weapons Skill)
Krime KAR-97-H - Light Machine Gun
Krime Monster - Heavy Machine Gun
Krime Confederate - Assault Cannon
Krime T-Shirt Cannon - Special (Assault Cannon Size/Concealability, Heavy Weapons Skill)
Krime Escalation - Rocket Launcher (Heavy Weapons Skill)
Krime Calliope - Mounted Rocket Launcher (Gunnery Skill)
Krime Ripper - Dual-Light Machine Guns (Gunnery Skill)
Krime Carpet - Bombs (Gunnery Skill)

Wageslave (PMV)
Bazoo Basic (Small Sedan)
Bazoo Redline (Small Sedan)
Bazoo Chrome (Small Sedan)
Big Bazoo Basic (Off-Road Small Sedan)
Big Bazoo Redline (Off-Road Small Sedan)
Big Bazoo Chrome (Off-Road Small Sedan)
SV-2 “Crashtest” (Sports Car)
Prowler (Gang/Police Sedan)
DeTruck (Sports/Pick-Up Truck)
Dix (Halftrack, look it up)
Barco De Pesca (Fishing Boat)
Euskaldunak (Tankette/Small Van)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #37 on: <01-28-21/1025:25> »
Hey, that's helpful. I'm embedding the text of this post as a note in my copy of the PDF.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #38 on: <01-28-21/2253:19> »
So, um, someone took my Old Man Krime and expanded upon him:  https://shadowrunbutinspace.obsidianportal.com/wikis/code-of-old-man-krime

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Helzmasher

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <03-26-21/0831:58> »
Is Bazoo a Sedan??

I bought one for my decker.

But I understood it was a subcompact.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #40 on: <03-26-21/1120:57> »
Think of it as a troll-sized four-seat hatchback, it's a subcompact for them, and a small sedan for everyone else.  With boss hooped pipes to help the anemic engine make even more noise.

Which model did you get for your Decker?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Helzmasher

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <03-26-21/1413:49> »
She has a Krime Bazoo Redline.

I don't think a Sedan is just a bigger car than a subcompact... it has a totally different shape/configuration than a subcompact.

A Sedan, by it's definition, has a three-box configuration, meaning it has a separate space/box for you to put cargo. A subcompact doesn't have a separate space for cargo.

EDIT: it's called a trunk (sorry, I forgot the word) a Sedan is a car that has a trunk separated from the back seat.
« Last Edit: <03-26-21/1430:59> by Helzmasher »

Helzmasher

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <03-26-21/1440:28> »
However, their troll-strength suspension and robust transmission that can haul even more weight than can be expected out of a car this size has won quite a bit of  popularity out of drivers tired of having subcompacts being considered entirely disposable drekboxes that can barely get out of their own way.

from the description of the book it doesn't even feel like it's bigger to support a troll, only stronger.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #43 on: <03-26-21/1624:44> »
Size of Human "Norm" vs. size of Troll "Norm" means it'd have to be bigger.

And, if not, this is Krime.  Bigger, stronger, LOUDER.  Not necessarily better.

So, in essence, I suggest your GM make it as big/small as needed for the campaign, especially if it's the group's vehicle of choice for tooling around in the Sprawl, with the only insurance on it being that no one wants to frag with the big hooped troll that obviously owns it.   ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #44 on: <03-26-21/1626:50> »
My suggestion for how the Bazoo should look was the 1939 Opel Kadett (or, rather, the Soviet knock-off of it) or the Tatra 603 (the model with three huge headlights in the front.).

#ThisTaserGoesTo11