NEWS

Pacifist

• 25 Replies

Shaidar

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <11-29-14/0408:11> »
Should I add that to Easily Missed Rules?

yup you should. I've never noticed that rule before ~_~

My decker has been getting away with Super Narcoject for months now  :-[

An obvious strength design flaw that the manufacturer modified in later supply production runs.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #16 on: <11-29-14/0529:41> »
'Aight, since I got someone agreeing, namely Imveros, there we go. ^_^

Heh, nice one Shaidar. ^_^ Just like the accidental Gauss Rifle shipment to Weapons Worlds.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

The other Bandit

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <11-29-14/0616:52> »

And I was too-freaking-late!!! When I got there they were all gone!

Would have been such a pretty wallhanger, plus keep the neighbours quiet.

Heard that the shipping manager got canned (like ... literaly) and an intern at Weapons World got extracted by Ares, seems he had been playing a little matrix mumbo-jumbo with the centralised purchasing software.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #18 on: <11-29-14/1516:30> »
Would you recommend a tranq pistol with narcojet? or a stun gun?
I would recommend an Ares Alpha with Gel Rounds, Stick-n-Shock Rounds, Flash Bang Grenades & CS-Gas Grenades.........

WHAT?? Stop looking at me like that !!  There's No Physical Damage !!!  Its a perfectly acceptable weapon for a Pacifist!!!!   :o

The other Bandit

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <11-29-14/1601:32> »
Would you recommend a tranq pistol with narcojet? or a stun gun?
I would recommend an Ares Alpha with Gel Rounds, Stick-n-Shock Rounds, Flash Bang Grenades & CS-Gas Grenades.........

WHAT?? Stop looking at me like that !!  There's No Physical Damage !!!  Its a perfectly acceptable weapon for a Pacifist!!!!   :o

Now THATS my kind of pacifist!

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <12-02-14/1317:32> »
Yes. I was going to go with a handgun being a decker but ares alpha with nonlethal rounds and flashbang grenades. Yeah.
"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #21 on: <12-02-14/1349:39> »
Maybe try unarmed combat and slap-patches with your drug of choice?  Lots of non-lethal grappling moves on top of patches works pretty well. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <12-03-14/0119:11> »
Requiring to get into close combat for a pacifist sounds unusual to me. Requiring a called shot more often than not for applying the patch negates the bonus for touch attacks. And not to forget the actions they get before the toxin is coming to action.
Gel rounds look so much better to me in comparison.

Acolyte

« Reply #23 on: <12-04-14/2122:34> »
Hey, they pass a fist at you, you pass one right back.....

Seriously, though, look at MA's like Aikido. Imagine a simple wrist lock, then wirelessly activating your shock gloves. Repeat as needed.

For ranged I like stick and shock or gel rounds in a nice big gun of some sort.

- Shane

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #24 on: <12-04-14/2232:19> »
Aikido is a great example of a pacifist martial art. Plus, the idea of either a grapple/subdue action or throw fallowed up by shock gloves sounds perfect for your pint sized Aikido expert.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

KabalahRaith

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <07-18-21/1448:08> »
So, for Pacifist level 3 in Firing Squad of 6WE, You are allowed to do Stun damage, but if it spills over into Physical because the Stun Condition Monitor fills, does that mean you lose the ability to earn and use Edge for 24 hours for violating your code?
"You may not knowingly take actions that would result in inflicting Physical damage to a target, but you may still take actions that would result in inflicting Stun damage to a target." Firing Squad excerpt.
So, the easy answer would be to say No as a general rule, otherwise this level is meaningless.  However, if people kept abusing it, i.e. Use 4 point Edge Boost to add Edge to dice and full dice pool to rock a Clout spell against a target you have previously hit hard with a stun spell and fairly sure he is on his last legs, and you score 14 hits and he only resists 2, and only has 9 blocks of Physical Condition Monitor at full, and you just put him down for the count with 1 block of Overflow.