NEWS

Pacifist

• 25 Replies

Lighthouse

• Omae
« on: <11-27-14/1337:44> »
Would you recommend a tranq pistol with narcojet? or a stun gun?
"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <11-27-14/1350:26> »
Stun gun, since that also works against drones and spirits.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <11-27-14/1505:26> »
Goodcall. Just realized it uses the pistol skill as well.
"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-27-14/2301:37> »
you can also use capsule rounds + DMSO + Narcoject and turn any gun you want into a non lethal weapon. You can avoid costly exotic weapon proficiency that way if you don't mind the light pistol ranges on capsule rounds
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

8-bit

« Reply #4 on: <11-27-14/2312:25> »
Or a good ol' magician with the Magic Fingers and Fling spells; and the Narcoject and Laes drugs. Fling a hypodermic needle into an unarmored spot, Magic fingers the needle away; end result is usually an unconscious person with no obvious traces. And then you have a whole slew of magic to work with that is not lethal.

Although, I'm not sure by the OP if the character is mundane or not, so that might not work.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #5 on: <11-27-14/2331:58> »
Taser or warhawk with stick n shock (still nonlethal).
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

SnowDragon

• Chummer
  • "I gag him and throw him down the stairs!"
« Reply #6 on: <11-28-14/0128:53> »
8-bit, being impaled by a needle, no matter how small, still breaks the skin and would leave a noticable bruise...

Just saying~  ;)

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <11-28-14/0139:58> »
Authorative tone, if you want to be really pacifistic.

8-bit

« Reply #8 on: <11-28-14/1147:12> »
8-bit, being impaled by a needle, no matter how small, still breaks the skin and would leave a noticable bruise...

Just saying~  ;)

When people run over to see if Joe the security guard is hurt, they look for bullet holes, or other more noticeable things. They generally don't notice the tiny puncture mark with a small bruise at the bottom of their ankle. The point is that, compared to 99% of other things, it is a much less noticeable trick, unless they run a toxin scan for drugs, of course.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <11-28-14/1156:04> »
you can also use capsule rounds + DMSO + Narcoject and turn any gun you want into a non lethal weapon. You can avoid costly exotic weapon proficiency that way if you don't mind the light pistol ranges on capsule rounds
The problem with capsule rounds is toxins are relatively slow - more often than not, the enemy will still be able to shoot at you for 1-2 IPs.
(On a side-note: I co-GM'd a session where the players had to recapture a bunch of paracritters. The group sniper went first when they encountered a big elephant-like critter, got lucky on the shot, and ended up knocking it out with the Stun damage from the round itself.)

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <11-28-14/1453:30> »
The problem with capsule rounds is toxins are relatively slow - more often than not, the enemy will still be able to shoot at you for 1-2 IPs.
(On a side-note: I co-GM'd a session where the players had to recapture a bunch of paracritters. The group sniper went first when they encountered a big elephant-like critter, got lucky on the shot, and ended up knocking it out with the Stun damage from the round itself.)

yup thats why i said to use narcoject. It has an effect of instant and quite a large amount of stun damage

SR Core 410
Narcoject
Vector: Injection
Speed: Immediate
Penetration: 0
Power: 15
Effect: Stun Damage
A common tranquilizer, narcoject is typically used
with dart guns. It has no side effects.

you just need the DMSO to make it a contact poison and you're off to the races
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <11-28-14/1501:39> »
yup thats why i said to use narcoject. It has an effect of instant and quite a large amount of stun damage
"Immediate" for a toxin is still "at the end of the Combat Turn in which you're exposed to it", though:
Quote from: SR5 Core, Page 408
Speed: This determines how quickly the victim suffers the toxin’s Effect. These effects are always applied at the end of a Combat Turn.
Immediate means the Effect is applied at the end of the same Combat Turn in which the victim is exposed.
A Speed of 1 Combat Turn means the Effect is applied at the end of the next Combat Turn, and so on.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #12 on: <11-28-14/1838:16> »
Should I add that to Easily Missed Rules?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #13 on: <11-28-14/1928:35> »
Yup, it's definitely not immediately obvious. :D
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <11-28-14/2352:42> »
Should I add that to Easily Missed Rules?

yup you should. I've never noticed that rule before ~_~

My decker has been getting away with Super Narcoject for months now  :-[