NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #615 on: <10-30-14/0942:19> »
Willpower of 6 for the Spirit, Resist roll 6d6: 1 Hit (6) Link http://orokos.com/roll/229678

Also assuming I could still send a matrix message. Let me know if I was wrong.
Ouch, spell went off for 7 hits (yes it was overcast!) so that's 6 damage - not disrupted yet but in a world of pain!

You can send a message as you are only perceiving - if nothing else voice to text works ok, or just audio...of course controlling your 'link is much much harder when you can't really see it but I imagine such things are intelligent enough to cope...

Also, this is incorrect. Each net hit = 1P damage. So if they get no successes, you do 3P damage. Sorry to bother you.

Quote from: Core Book of SR5; page 283
Direct: When your direct combat spell is successfully cast, it inflicts a number of boxes of damage equal to your net hits on the opposed test. The opposed test generally pits your Spellcasting + Magic [Force] against either Body (for physical spells) or Willpower (for mana spells). The target does not get to resist the damage, only the Spellcasting test.
So that's between 1-3 boxes on each ghoul apart from the one sprinting at Cutter - but he's just taken an APDS round to the chest with huge numbers of hits so I wouldn't worry about it!

Oh, and the ghoul bashing on the windscreen of train 1 is outside the spell too!
« Last Edit: <10-30-14/0944:52> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #616 on: <10-30-14/1134:56> »
ok i'm lost. what initiative score are we acting on again?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

8-bit

« Reply #617 on: <10-30-14/1149:57> »
If two passes have gone by and we are using the rules of people coming in late on page 160 of the Core Rule Book.

Quote from: Core Book of SR5; page 160
If a character enters combat after it has already begun, they should roll for their Initiative Score as normal and then subtract 10 for each Initiative Pass that has already occurred. This means they may get an Action Phase during the current Combat Turn or they may not, but at least they have a chance.

Using this method puts us at this set of Initiatives.

Initiative Rolls for current situation. Organized.

8-bit | Ghost - Initiative: 15+3d6 30 | Two action passes have gone by, so Initiative drops to 10
JackVII | Harrier - Initiative: 9+4d6 → [9,6,5,3,6] = (29) | Two action passes have gone by, so Initiative drops to 9
Ericen | Flicker (Using prerolled result, since I cannot find a new roll) - Initiative: 11+4d6 25 | Two action passes have gone by, so Initiative drops to 5
Csjarrat | Morgan - 10 + 4d6 4d6=14 = 23 INI in hot sim. | Two action passes has gone by, so Initiative drops to 3
All4BigGuns | Cutter - 3d6+11=23 | Two action passes have gone by, so Initiative drops to 3
GM? | Alicia's Force 6 Fire Spirit - Spirit Initiative: 2d6+15 22 [4, 3] | Came in at Pass 2, currently at Pass 3, so Initiative drops to 2

Out of Action Passes (Still allowed one Free Action minimum [more based on GM discretion] according to Page 160 of the Core Book of SR5)

Jayde Moon | Betsy - Some initiative Rolls :): 1d6+9 14 [5] | Came in at Pass 2, currently at Pass 3, so Initiative drops to -6
Lusis | Luz (Using prerolled result, since I cannot find a new roll) - 8+1d6: 13 [1d6=5] | Two action passes have gone by, so Initiative drops to -7
saithor | Alicia - Alicia Initiative: 9+1d6 10 [1] | Came in at Pass 2, currently at Pass 3, so Initiative drops to -10

Currently Outside of Combat. GM decision (because he's trying to fix the damn train before it crashes)

adamu | Al - (Using prerolled result) 2d6 + 11 → [6,6,11] = (23) | Engaged in combat before everyone else, so is at a fresh roll (not currently engaged in combat, thus outside of Initiative)

---------------------------

It should be noted the Wound Modifiers technically affect Initiative according to Page 160 of the Core Book.

Quote from: Core Book of SR5; page 160
Wound modifiers are applied directly to the character’s Initiative attribute. These changes are made immediately after the injury occurs and can affect the initiative order even within the same Initiative Pass.

This means that anyone with wound modifiers, such as the Spirit, may actually be out of Action Passes. I think the Spirit just took 6 boxes of damage, which is a -2 modifier, which would put the Spirit at 0 Initiative and thus out of passes.

Edit: Also, not sure if everyone has done their Action Pass 2 Actions, because schedule's can really interfere with the order of PbPs.
« Last Edit: <10-30-14/1151:29> by 8-bit »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #618 on: <10-30-14/1222:33> »
Also, not sure if everyone has done their Action Pass 2 Actions, because schedule's can really interfere with the order of PbPs.

I'm waiting on the GM to post an IC result of my shot (hoping this ghoul got red-misted :) ).
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #619 on: <10-30-14/1224:13> »
brill thanks, so far my actions have been to run matrix perception and then to intercept traffic.
My next pass action will be to disseminate this intercepted traffic to the team and to record the intercept to my datajack memory.
I will spend the last action to observe my smartgun's camera feed to check whether anyone has entered my room or not.

Free action; send message
Simple action; record
Simple action; observe.

Cheers!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

8-bit

« Reply #620 on: <10-30-14/1324:14> »
@CT

I'm assuming I can't see the metas that Alicia mentioned, and I probably can't see a mana spell. Do I have any indication of where the assailants are? If not, I'll probably check out the Seer's room. Is the door open? Is there some way I can distract them? I suppose I could always launch a flashbang in there.

Action Pass 3 - Initiative 10
Simple Action - Observe in Detail (Visual Perception Check) | Visual Perception Check: 16d6t5 4 [6, 4, 5, 5, 3, 5, 3, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 4]
Delay Action - If I see a clown, I will take a shot at him with a Called Shot to the Vitals
Free Action - Call a Shot to Vitals (+2 DV, -4 dice)
Simple Action - Fire Enfield AS-7 in BF Mode | Longarms 6 + Agility 11 + 2 Smartlink - 4 Called Shot - 1 Delayed Action = 14 dice to shoot

Shooting Enfield AS-7 at the Clown: 14d6t5 6 [6, 6, 2, 6, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 1, 1, 5, 3, 3]

The Clown takes a -2 penalty to his defense test, but not to the soak roll. DV 15P + Net hits, AP -5. 3 APDS rounds used in 24 round drum. 15 remaining in drum, 41 remaining total.

Crossed out due to action not being taken.

I'll write up an IC after I get a little bit of an understanding what is going on. Don't want to make up stuff about clowns that may or may not show their faces.

Edit: Actually, I guess I could get an IC up with Ghost looking around. Still don't know if I'm taking the shot or not; that depends on whether a Clown shows up.
« Last Edit: <10-31-14/1333:16> by 8-bit »

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #621 on: <10-30-14/1600:50> »
So do non-combat RP events have to be in-line with initative order?
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Ericen

• Chummer
« Reply #622 on: <10-30-14/2026:18> »
Well I was heading to seers from my last post so as soon as I am there I will help out
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Number 2

• Chummer
« Reply #623 on: <10-30-14/2108:54> »
So a new persistent campaign has come up? Unfortunately I wasn't able to post in Circus Tricks, but since this one seems relatively new I'll put in the character I made earlier.
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin,
Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan,
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #624 on: <10-31-14/0503:57> »
So a new persistent campaign has come up? Unfortunately I wasn't able to post in Circus Tricks, but since this one seems relatively new I'll put in the character I made earlier.
CT is the only game on SG in this world so far...the name change was to align it with DS and the Obsidian Portal Jayde Moon and I are working on...that said, it's not too late to join CT if you want or check out TLG on DS!

So do non-combat RP events have to be in-line with initative order?
RP trumps initiative in my book (not everyone agrees but that's how I prefer it)...I'd rather people post than wait for strict initiative...we'll try not to let it get too out of hand but I think it works out ok.
« Last Edit: <10-31-14/0505:49> by Aria »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #625 on: <10-31-14/0507:20> »
@CT

I'm assuming I can't see the metas that Alicia mentioned, and I probably can't see a mana spell. Do I have any indication of where the assailants are? If not, I'll probably check out the Seer's room. Is the door open? Is there some way I can distract them? I suppose I could always launch a flashbang in there.

Edit: Actually, I guess I could get an IC up with Ghost looking around. Still don't know if I'm taking the shot or not; that depends on whether a Clown shows up.
The clowns are inside the seer's room and the door is open...you can't see them unless you are standing more or less in the doorway though as the corridor is just less than 1m wide here...will try to get an updated IC up v soon

8-bit

« Reply #626 on: <10-31-14/1336:43> »
@CT

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think Ghost got the good end of the deal. He only has to deal with a few clowns; not the strange woman that Al has to deal with, not the RV (for the moment) and certainly not a ton of ghouls about to charge.

@Aria

Can I change the delayed action since I didn't see any clowns? If so, I'll use the underbarrel launcher on my shotgun. It's currently loaded with Flashbangs. And pray that I don't scatter.

AP3 - Initiative 10
Free Action - Send Message
Simple Action - Fire Ares Antioch-2 Underbarrel Grenade Launcher into the Seer's room | Agility 11 + 2 Smartlink - 1 Delayed Action - 1 Defaulting = 11 dice to Shoot

Fire a Flashbang into the Seer's Room: 11d6t5 2 [1, 4, 1, 4, 2, 1, 6, 5, 4, 1, 3]

Oh dear.... It does scatter. Scatter is 3d6 - hits meters for a grenade launcher. I also need to roll 2d6 to determine where the Flashbang scatters.

Direction of Scatter: 2d6 7 [5, 2]

Well, that's a relief. It likely just bounced farther into the room now. Now for how far it went.

Distance of Scatter: 3d6-2 10 [6, 4, 2]

Yikes, 10 meters. That might have even bounced back out; I hope not.

DV is 10S with -4 AP in a 10 meter radius. 1 grenade used in 4 grenade magazine. 3 remaining in magazine, 14 remaining total.

Tell me if I need to resist my own Flashbang (I'm a freaking genius...)

Edit: Also, how does Flare Compensation help with Flashbangs? I imagine it would, but I can't seem to find anywhere in the book where it would help. Dampers (from cyberears) give a +2 bonus to resist, would it be the same for Flare Compensation? Would they stack? Just so I know how likely it is that I knocked myself out with my own Flashbang.
« Last Edit: <10-31-14/1349:39> by 8-bit »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #627 on: <10-31-14/1340:55> »
In case I need a driving test for my last IC action, here it is:

Reaction 7 + Pilot Groundcraft 1 + Specialty 2 = 10 dice

10d6.hits(5)=4

Vehicle Stats: Suzuki Mirage [Handling 5/3, Speed 6, Accel 3, Body 5, Armor 6, Pilot 1, Sensor 2, Seats 1]
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #628 on: <10-31-14/1536:03> »
So...should I roll any sort of charisma towards Oblique in an attempt to let us know what the fuck is going on? The only Charisma skill she has that's worth a shit is Intimidation at 4 dice, but I'm pretty sure Oblique's social skills can trump that. I'm hoping he sees her logic and opens up a little.

Also, while Luz does her sensor sweep of his office, she's going to see if she can notice anything that can shed some light. I think this is the first sensor roll (4 hits) and visual perception roll (4 hits).
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17794.msg318142#msg318142

SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #629 on: <11-02-14/1250:17> »
Spirit will hit the guy who shot him with the Stunbolt if possible, I'm assuming Wound Modifiers count for Spirits

Unarmed Attack Roll 12d6: No Hits link http://orokos.com/roll/230072 
1 Edge for second Chance, 4 hits link http://orokos.com/roll/230073

Damage is still 10 P with AP -6
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?