NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #240 on: <09-23-14/2016:07> »
@CT

I suppose I might as well follow suit. I can always take perception rolls whilst in combat.

Initiative (1): 15+3d6 25 [4, 3, 3] <-- Dice rolls

CT1, AP1 (25)
Simple Action - Observe in Detail (What I'm looking for is in an earlier post)
Simple Action - Observe in Detail (Two times for two different vision types)

I'm going to wait on any information I get from that before taking aim at the bikers. Probably would be bad if they came peacefully and all got shot to death. If you want me to delay initiative, I will, otherwise, I'll wait.
« Last Edit: <09-24-14/1431:57> by 8-bit »

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #241 on: <09-23-14/2036:55> »
Matrix perception to find biker's icons:
computer 5, log 6, hot sim 2 (13d6.hits(5)=3)
Just FYI, that's an Intuition-based test.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #242 on: <09-23-14/2037:47> »
Ok so Luz will use her 1st Perception test to check out the bikers.

She will also make an Intimidation check:
   4d6t5: 0 [4d6t5=2, 3, 4, 2] http://orokos.com/roll/223733

Well, I guess we're fightin'.  8)
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

8-bit

« Reply #243 on: <09-23-14/2056:46> »
@CT

Ok so Luz will use her 1st Perception test to check out the bikers.

She will also make an Intimidation check:
   4d6t5: 0 [4d6t5=2, 3, 4, 2] http://orokos.com/roll/223733

Well, I guess we're fightin'.  8)

I was like, "Ok, new IC posts, this should be fun to read." Then I was like, "Well there goes our plan to not get into a fight."

Time for action my friends!

I'm assuming that everyone is setting up for the first action pass (at least it looks like that so far), so here are my following actions.

CT1, AP2 (15)
Simple Action - Take Aim at lead biker

Delay? Action(s) - Trigger = Confirmation that they have weapons/are hostile and refuse to leave.
Called Shot - Vitals (Aiming for the head; having the leader's head blow up might be rather discouraging) | -4 dice according to the Core Book of SR5
Shoot SA shot at leader w/ Sniper Rifle - Using pre-rolled roll
Ares Desert Strike (1): 19d6t5 10 [2, 1, 5, 6, 6, 3, 5, 2, 4, 2, 5, 6, 6, 3, 5, 4, 6, 3, 5] - Modified to 15d6 w/ 8 hits [2, 1, 5, 6, 6, 3, 5, 2, 4, 2, 5, 6, 6, 3, 5]. Depending on Range and Conditions I may lose more dice. Feel free to take away if you want Aria. Or, if you want me to actually roll the shot instead of using the pre-rolled, I can do that. Edit: Add 2 dice to the roll because of Smartlink system running.
« Last Edit: <09-24-14/1435:54> by 8-bit »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #244 on: <09-23-14/2059:20> »
For when the time comes, here's his Perception check for seeing the ones up ahead: 6d6.hits(5)=1

And his Initiative when battle is to be joined: 3d6+11=25

And in case I need a Pilot Groundcraft check to control the bike with one hand: 10d6.hits(5)=2 Eww...not sure if that'll be enough.
« Last Edit: <09-23-14/2103:10> by All4BigGuns »
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #245 on: <09-23-14/2103:26> »
I mean, there's a certain elegance in keeping the peace by killing everything that comes your way.

Also: I believe an earlier post put Visibility out to 50m at -1, further out -6, with thermo doing its normal deal of revising the penalties up by one rank. Maybe Light Wind as well? I'll see if I can find that post. Either way, we're going to need to know how far out they are for range penalties.
« Last Edit: <09-23-14/2317:08> by JackVII »
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #246 on: <09-23-14/2104:06> »
There's still time to avoid a fight if that's not what they're after. If it isn't, they'll turn around or stop if they intend to join the convoy. Oblique can also pipe up if he knows they are friendly.

We haven't started shooting yet. Just issuing a challenge to force them to reveal their intentions.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #247 on: <09-23-14/2106:33> »
We haven't started shooting yet.
If you don't count Morgan trying to brick their bikes... hopefully it takes a few actions before being able to do all that stuff. (Control Device?, Exit Host, Matrix Perception, Data Spike)
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #248 on: <09-23-14/2108:08> »
I mean, there's a certain elegance in keeping peace by killing everything that comes your way.

Also: I believe an earlier post put Visibility out to 50m at -1, further out -6, with thermo doing its normal deal of revising the penalties up by one. Maybe Light Wind as well? I'll see if I can find that post. Either way, we're going to need to know how far out they are for range penalties.

I agree, if there is no one to argue, everything is peaceful!

Thermo does it's normal deal; smartgun reduces wind penalties; improved range finder for range. I pretty seriously decked out my guns. Speaking of which, I have to add that I add 2 dice due to smartgun.

There's still time to avoid a fight if that's not what they're after. If it isn't, they'll turn around or stop if they intend to join the convoy. Oblique can also pipe up if he knows they are friendly.

We haven't started shooting yet. Just issuing a challenge to force them to reveal their intentions.

Hence the delayed action. I'll wait for confirmation before shooting, going to edit my OOC post.

8-bit

« Reply #249 on: <09-24-14/1435:21> »
@CT

Actually, going to just put all my actions together here.

Initiative (1): 15+3d6 25 [4, 3, 3]

CT1, AP1 (25)
Simple Action - Observe in Detail (What I'm looking for is in an earlier post)
Simple Action - Observe in Detail (Two times for two different vision types)
Free Action - Send Message

CT1, AP2 (15)
Simple Action - Take Aim at lead biker

Delay? Action(s) - Trigger = Confirmation that they have weapons/are hostile and refuse to leave.
Called Shot - Vitals (Aiming for the head; having the leader's head blow up might be rather discouraging) | -4 dice according to the Core Book of SR5
Shoot SA shot at leader w/ Sniper Rifle - Using pre-rolled roll (Sniper Rifle is currently running APDS rounds; has Improved Range Finder, Smartlink, and Thermographic is on)
Ares Desert Strike (1): 19d6t5 10 [2, 1, 5, 6, 6, 3, 5, 2, 4, 2, 5, 6, 6, 3, 5, 4, 6, 3, 5] - Modified to 15d6 w/ 8 hits [2, 1, 5, 6, 6, 3, 5, 2, 4, 2, 5, 6, 6, 3, 5]. Depending on Range and Conditions I may lose more dice. Feel free to take away if you want Aria. Or, if you want me to actually roll the shot instead of using the pre-rolled, I can do that. Add 2 dice to the roll because of Smartlink system running. Smartlink Bonus: 2d6t5 0 [3, 4]
« Last Edit: <09-24-14/1458:19> by 8-bit »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #250 on: <09-24-14/1602:08> »
Ok, sorry I haven't got time to write an IC this evening...I'll give you some OoC details and let you fill in the gaps or get an IC up for you tomorrow/Friday based on what you all do...

The gangers are Ancients, they aren't exactly at combat speed because of all the ash on the road, they had slowed on seeing you until Morgan blew up two of their bikes...I suspect they are a might pissed right now if they can link you lot to the attack...

They are about 100m away from the lead train, about the limits of visibility in the ash storm so Luz will be using thermo I'd think plus any AR feed from the guys at the front

They are pulling to the side of the road, two had started advancing, now they've stopped and there's a great deal of arm waving

They are all armed!  Mostly SMGs but 3 ARs and a couple of shotguns

Now 5 are approaching the convoy (cautiously but on their bikes) and the other 5 are unlimbering their long arms and moving on foot to flank the road

Just a note on the trains and their robustness...small arms fire isn't going to do squat to them unless it's at point blank range into an engine compartment.  The same can't be said for the outriders of course and there are two circus types on quad bikes between you lot and the gangers

There aren't any vehicles between the two trains, 2 mph is probably woefully inefficient for the rigs and they are likely to move in fits and starts behind the trains, same for the RVs

Oh, and I said there's a moderate cross wind...

Final note...I did say they were Ancients didn't I?  One of the biggest gangs in Seattle...just saying  ::)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

8-bit

« Reply #251 on: <09-24-14/1609:40> »
Ok, sorry I haven't got time to write an IC this evening...I'll give you some OoC details and let you fill in the gaps or get an IC up for you tomorrow/Friday based on what you all do...

The gangers are Ancients, they aren't exactly at combat speed because of all the ash on the road, they had slowed on seeing you until Morgan blew up two of their bikes...I suspect they are a might pissed right now if they can link you lot to the attack...

They are about 100m away from the lead train, about the limits of visibility in the ash storm so Luz will be using thermo I'd think plus any AR feed from the guys at the front

They are pulling to the side of the road, two had started advancing, now they've stopped and there's a great deal of arm waving

They are all armed!  Mostly SMGs but 3 ARs and a couple of shotguns

Now 5 are approaching the convoy (cautiously but on their bikes) and the other 5 are unlimbering their long arms and moving on foot to flank the road

Just a note on the trains and their robustness...small arms fire isn't going to do squat to them unless it's at point blank range into an engine compartment.  The same can't be said for the outriders of course and there are two circus types on quad bikes between you lot and the gangers

There aren't any vehicles between the two trains, 2 mph is probably woefully inefficient for the rigs and they are likely to move in fits and starts behind the trains, same for the RVs

Oh, and I said there's a moderate cross wind...

Final note...I did say they were Ancients didn't I?  One of the biggest gangs in Seattle...just saying  ::)

So, to summarize, we attacked first without identifying, we made them more hostile to us than they would be before, they are moderately well armed, pissed off, and moving towards us. Oh, and we have circus people we are supposed to protect between us and them. Did I miss anything? Oh, yes, one last thing. The gang they are a part of is just about enormous.

Maybe we should have thought this out slightly...

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #252 on: <09-24-14/1614:34> »
Only one actually attacked them. My character, for one, just has his gun out to defend himself once he's close enough and it becomes necessary.

Nothing saying we can't just hand the one who did attack them over if it comes down to it. :D
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

8-bit

« Reply #253 on: <09-24-14/1616:40> »
Only one actually attacked them. My character, for one, just has his gun out to defend himself once he's close enough and it becomes necessary.

Nothing saying we can't just hand the one who did attack them over if it comes down to it. :D

Well, I'm sitting there with the normal amount of paranoia, but they did get attacked over the matrix. It's not like there is any other place the attack could have come from.

So, yes, we could hand over Morgan. I would prefer not to though.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #254 on: <09-24-14/1619:47> »
I mean, it technically all depends on how many actions we're allowing people to take.

So, presumably initiative started when Harrier sent out the message to everyone that there are 10 contacts in bound. From that point, Morgan would have:

1) Given the Host some kind of command or Control Device to put it on alert (Simple to Complex Action).
2) Exit the Host in order to spot icons that aren't in the Host (Complex Action).
3) Matrix Perception to Spot the Icons (Complex Action)
4) Data Spike (Complex Action)

That's a lot of Complex Actions, even at Matrix speed.

Did anyone send out a "Hold on, everybody..." before all that would have happened? I haven't really checked, but I'm cool with it either way.

ETA: Checked, it seems Al may have managed to send his "Al's Common Sense" message to the crew. Maybe Composure Checks to see if we can forestall the slaughter?
« Last Edit: <09-24-14/1623:36> by JackVII »
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal