NEWS

Threshold tables

• 4 Replies

Snack Happy

• Newb
« on: <10-23-10/2320:25> »
My gaming group has two different copies of the SR4A book in each of them the threshold tables are slightly different. How do we know which is the most up to date one? We cant find out which printing is which as it isnt listed in the begining like it is for street magic and the others.

Qemuel

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <10-23-10/2352:17> »
What page are you looking at and what are the differences?  Ultimately, I'll only be able to tell you what my books says, though.

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #2 on: <10-24-10/0034:39> »
I have to laugh because I remember something similar in the first edition book. We put them side by side and had two slightly different tables and there was no way to tell which was the later edition. Maybe the 20th Anniversary Edition is giving the original a little nod. That said, check the Errata.

http://www.shadowrun4.com/resources/index.shtml#errata

Snack Happy

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-24-10/1451:37> »
In my book on pg 62 the success test difficultes is easy-hard 1-3 and extreme 5+.  My friends book says Easy 1, Average 2, Hard 4, Extreme 6.  Granted its not that big of a difference but seeing as our whole group is trying to learn we are trying to find out which one is intended to be correct.

Qemuel

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <10-24-10/1526:47> »
My book says
Easy 1
Average 2
Hard 3
Extreme 5

Also, in the Shadowrun 4A changes doc (http://shadowrun4.com/resources/sr4a/sr4a_changes.pdf), it says the following:

GAME CONCEPTS
• Success Test Difficulty Thresholds have been increased from 1-2-3-4 to 1-2-3-5.
• Extended Test Task Thresholds have been increased from 4-8-12-16+ to 6-12-18-24+.
• Extended Test limits number of rolls by a cumulative -1 dice pool modifier per roll.
• The optional rule to cap dice pools at 20 dice or twice the sum of the characters natural Attribute + Skill ratings, whichever is higher, has been introduced.
• Burning Edge to “Escape certain Death” now expressly suggests that characters should be out of action for the scenario.

Based on that, I would infer that 1-2-3-5 are the correct thresholds.