NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #855 on: <01-13-15/1437:49> »
Think I'm taking my 3 IPs first, then we will be.  (May be speaking out of turn here, sorry if I am Tec)
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #856 on: <01-13-15/1500:10> »
No, not in initiative order yet. While we're waiting for 8-bit and Poindexter to roll I can resolve the pre-encounter Matrix stuff with Zweiblumen. There's still an opportunity to tweak what the PCs have been doing for the last 20 minutes while you were driving out of town.

@Zweiblumen
An agent can get the +2 for being in hot-sim VR but this is a potential vulnerability too. If the agent gets hit with biofeedback damage it's going to happily pass that right along to the deck and then the decker. Generally speaking the agent will be running with the same interface as the user (AR, cold-sim, or hot-sim).

Out to lunch soon. I'll resolve those rolls later this afternoon.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #857 on: <01-13-15/1618:31> »
My IC is fine - his instructions to not engage were prior to all hell breaking loose, and with that happening, his caution to be prepared should they attack first now comes in to play. His IC takes place as soon as we picked them up as a tail, at which point we were still basically in town. I think they had the same idea we did - to get out of town and someplace private before engaging in hostilities. Their attack probably means that they feel we have now entered such a place.

As for agents, I've always assumed that any damage they take is applied to the deck's Matrix Damage track and that they are always considered to be in HotSim and that biofeedback damage affects them (and the deck) the same way it affects any other device, which is to say only as Matrix Damage - the decker sharing the deck does not take any stun or physical damage as a result of damage done to the agent. I think that is the consensus around the forums, but the rules are non-specific about what mode the agent runs in and how biofeedback damage is applied. Running them more like an extension of the decker than like IC is an interesting idea and will provide some additional challenges.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #858 on: <01-13-15/1708:02> »
My IC is fine - his instructions to not engage were prior to all hell breaking loose, and with that happening, his caution to be prepared should they attack first now comes in to play. His IC takes place as soon as we picked them up as a tail, at which point we were still basically in town. I think they had the same idea we did - to get out of town and someplace private before engaging in hostilities. Their attack probably means that they feel we have now entered such a place.

Gotcha.  Though, as far as Ace knows all hell has not broken loose  ;)

I sure hope somebody tells Ace about the roto-drone.  Otherwise, he's likely to try the roof of the RV, and that could end bad for him.  While we're on that topic, @Tec, what kind of tests is Ace likely to be facing if he wants to lie prone on the roof?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #859 on: <01-13-15/1717:15> »
@Zweiblumen
There's going to be a lot of rolling in the coming days. I'm going to roll some of it manually to save myself the time of plugging it into a dice roller and then copying-and-pasting the results here.

Device 1 - 1 hit, so you can ask for 2 more pieces of info
Device 2 - 0 hits, so you can ask for 3 more pieces of info

1. Silent Device #1 - Hermes Ikon, rating 5, Firewall 5
2. Silent Device #2 - Hermes Ikon, rating 5, Firewall 5 (same as #1)

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #860 on: <01-13-15/1725:12> »
@rednblack
Everyone firing from the RV will be subject to the "Attacker firing from a moving vehicle –2" penalty.

As for keeping your balance on the roof, it shouldn't be a problem unless Chino has to drive evasively or needs to make a challenging control test. Under those circumstances it will be a Gymnastics roll to stay in one place (with a threshold dependent on the situation), although this could change to a brute Strength test if Ace does something like anchor himself with his cyberspur.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #861 on: <01-13-15/1734:29> »
@rednblack
Everyone firing from the RV will be subject to the "Attacker firing from a moving vehicle –2" penalty.

As for keeping your balance on the roof, it shouldn't be a problem unless Chino has to drive evasively or needs to make a challenging control test. Under those circumstances it will be a Gymnastics roll to stay in one place (with a threshold dependent on the situation), although this could change to a brute Strength test if Ace does something like anchor himself with his cyberspur.

I like the way you think.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #862 on: <01-13-15/1737:07> »
I generally prefer a black trenchcoat game but I can already tell that we're going to have the RV up on two wheels with Ace clinging to the side while dangling over the gulch and returning laser fire to a rotodrone that's hosing everyone down on full auto.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #863 on: <01-13-15/1807:10> »
I generally prefer a black trenchcoat game but I can already tell that we're going to have the RV up on two wheels with Ace clinging to the side while dangling over the gulch and returning laser fire to a rotodrone that's hosing everyone down on full auto.
I prefer black trenchcoat generally as well, but that sounds pretty damn awesome.

IP2:
Agent: Agent's Matrix Perception on hiden icon Rating(6)*2+2 for all rolls + VR 2 = 16: 16d6t5 5 (#3)
Doc: Matrix Perception (Comp 5 + Int 4 + Quali 1 + Spec 2 + VR 2 - Wounds 1 = 13): 13d6t5 6 (#4)

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #864 on: <01-13-15/1816:38> »
Sadly, Ace is unlikely to know anything is up until 14 if Katsina says something. Otherwise you'll be oblivious until 5. At least concerning the Astral threats. I'm guessing that the guy rolling down the window in the Bulldog will do something to alert everyone else soon enough. The rotodrone might even get some shots in this CT, though I'm guessing its first IP is taken up with being deployed.

If it weren't for the Astral threat, Ohanzee would probably offer to use Levitate to get you up to the roof, and even sustain it to provide a platform if needed. But he's going to be busy at the least, if not dead/unconscious.

@Tec - What happens when the summoning mage goes unconscious? Do summoned spirits vanish or stay? Bound spirits?

Also, I hope that Chino won't be doing much driving - we'll probably need his anti-spirit capability and can leave the driving to the pilot.

I'm also a little curious (OOC of course) what the persona not running silently is.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #865 on: <01-13-15/1828:50> »
Guessing that guy is the rigger Mal.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #866 on: <01-13-15/1834:00> »
1 hit for #3 and 2 hits for #4.

3. Silent Device #3 - Renraku Sensei, rating 3, firewall 3
4. Silent Device #4 - Renraku Sensei, rating 3, firewall 3 (same as #4)

@Mal
If the summoning mage goes unconscious, an unbound spirit will take off 99% of the time. If the summoning mage has been exceptionally benevolent or exceptionally malicious to the spirit then it could hang around (to either protect the summoner or help curb stomp him/her), but it's unlikely. Bound spirits will generally continue with their previously assigned task.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #867 on: <01-13-15/1915:03> »
Going to skip one and go with #6 and #7 :(

IP3
Agent: Agent's Matrix Perception on hiden icon Rating(6)*2+2 for all rolls + VR 2 = 16: 16d6t5 2 wow (#6)
Matrix Perception (Comp 5 + Int 4 + Quali 1 + Spec 2 + VR 2 - Wounds 1 = 13): 13d6t5 10 made up for it!  (#7)

And I guess inititiatve now:
Doc: Matrix Initiative 9+4d6: 4d6+9 24
Agent: Agent's Initiative 11+4d6: 4d6+11 25

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #868 on: <01-13-15/1941:33> »
#6 - 5 hits
#7 - 0 hits

6. Silent Device #6 - no results
7. Silent Device #7 - Renraku Sensei, Rating 3, Firewall 3

Stats for the RV:

Handling2 / 2 (3 without the trailer)
Acceleration1
Speed3 (4 without the trailer)
Pilot3
Body16
Armor14
Sensor3
Damage Track     20

Here's the Arsenal description of the RV:

Ford-Canada Buffalo (RV)
While an RV is too conspicuous in most cities, in the wilderness
it is the perfect mobile headquarters for both shadowrunners
and corp security teams. With off -road capabilities and sleeping
arrangements for six, it may not be able to go cross country, but it
can easily manage the network of old abandoned roads that crisscross
all but the most remote of areas. Because there are enough
others out on the road (or off it, as the case may be), it doesn’t
raise too much suspicion unless it is somewhere it clearly does
not belong.
Standard Upgrades: Amenities (Middle), Off-Road Suspension

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #869 on: <01-13-15/2140:50> »
Ok, so due to money issues, i've had to take on a second job.
This leaves me with very little time, energy, or creativity for posting.

It wont be like this for long, but if ya get sick of waiting for me in the meantime, feel free to NPC me until I get back on the fuckin ball about shit.

Apologies in advance for any inconvenience.

EDIT: I am NOT quitting the game, but i will be posting less frequently than you probably expect of me.
« Last Edit: <01-13-15/2253:13> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english