rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #675 on: <01-02-15/1402:53> »
Rolls:

CHA + CON (on old folks, no modifiers taken): 8d6t5 3

CHA + Etiquette (on old couple, taking corp specialty): 10d6t5 5
Nice one.  I must look the part.

INT + Perception (Looking for which of the 2 looks the most lithe,taking +3): 10d6t5 2
Ace is looking to see which one might be able to move more quickly when it comes to that time.  Not sure if I should edge that or not, but I'm going to hold off for this roll, I think.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #676 on: <01-02-15/1734:15> »
Another quick question on rules - the illusion spell is obvious in the Astral, but does it still obfuscate or cover objects within/behind it (similar to  a mana barrier or any other Astral object) or is it completely pierced with no ill effect for the observer?

@Malevolence, if I'm reading this correctly you want to know if an illusion spell impacts astral visibility/perception. I would say that sounds logical. Yes, the spell itself will be completely obvious, but anything behind it will be obscured. We'll use the same rules as for mana barriers, namely Force = vision penalty.

@Zweiblumen, the publicly available records suggest that this house is owned by Mr. and Mrs. Edward J. Nately II (the second). I will post this ICly.

@Mal, I'll pose the results of the beer assensing ICly.

@Mal @rednblack
Dice results for the old man:
Suspicious: 0 hits, no negative modifier on this round of rolls
Resist Etiquette: 0 hits
Resist Con: 4 hits

Other results, such as Perception and Assensing, are incoming ICly.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #677 on: <01-02-15/1755:04> »
Well, drek. I hope Ohanzee can bring a little something here con-wise. If Ace gets the impression that we're not getting anywhere with nice words he's just gonna rush 'em.

ETA: is the old woman behind cover?
« Last Edit: <01-02-15/1758:01> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #678 on: <01-02-15/1835:49> »
Yes, she has good cover (+4 to dodge). She's a dozen meters down the hallway, so Long range for a taser.

For what it's worth, I tend to drop a lot of hints and foreshadowing into my IC posts. I know that these are often lost in PbP, since it can be a month of real time between when you read the clue and when you actually need it, but a periodic review of old IC posts can give you an edge in some situations. I know that requires time and attention that people don't always have, but they are there.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #679 on: <01-02-15/1956:45> »
Hrm, these guys might actually be good contacts for moving this damn artifact!  Wish I had bothered to look them up earlier!  Also glad I didn't try to break into their house the first night.

Wonder if we can con our way in there and and hide Ohanzee from the spirits somehow (though how is way beyond me).

@Tecumseh: More search on Nately Corp (this will only get the bare bones :() Matrix Search on Nately Corp Computer(5) + Intuition(4) + Ganglia (1) + VR(2) - Wounds(1) = 11: 11d6t5 3
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #680 on: <01-02-15/2006:45> »
I'm working from a tablet, so my formatting is sparse and I don't have a roll for the illusion spell. I'll fix it later. It's only at force 2 to minimize Drain if you want to make the roll for me - it's meant to be an obvious illusion so as long as I don't glitch it's fine. I'll be able to fix it around 6 Pacific, so no worries.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #681 on: <01-02-15/2008:38> »
Heh, fun thought. Maybe we can make them touch the artifact, then we could probably convince them of whatever once they lose their memories. Quick way to gain an ally.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #682 on: <01-02-15/2113:16> »
Spellcasting rolls, mostly for drain:
Trid Phantasm (party tricks, force 2) [ Magic 6 + Spellcasting 5 + Power Focus 2 - Wound 1]: 12d6t5 4
Just within inches of a glitch!
Drain Resist [WIL 6 + CHA 6]: 12d6t5 1
SERIOUSLY?! Ugh, one point of stun...

Back at a -2 wound modifier.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #683 on: <01-02-15/2115:54> »
You're not alone. The same thing happened to Katsina when she rolled Magic Fingers when doing the tailoring because I was trying to get cute.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #684 on: <01-03-15/1852:13> »
What's the loose plan here? Are you waiting for a certain opening before you act or are you wanting to converse with this fellow for a while?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #685 on: <01-03-15/1901:48> »
What's the loose plan here? Are you waiting for a certain opening before you act or are you wanting to converse with this fellow for a while?

Loose plan is getting husband and wifey in the same room, so we can take them down simultaneously.  Don't want to give wifey a chance to get on the comms before she goes down.

Ok, scratch that.  I like that Mr. Nately is sitting.  Ace is going to jump him, and try to take him out before he can speak.  Any way to tell if Ace is going to get a surprise round before rolling his attack? 

« Last Edit: <01-03-15/1920:42> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #686 on: <01-03-15/1922:28> »
Also to maybe stall for a minute. I'd like to find out a little more about the couple as, after Doc's report, the situation seems suspiciously easy. He should have more security unless he was dishonorably removed from his old corporate position.
Since I'm the subordinate in our charade, I'm letting Ace take the lead.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #687 on: <01-03-15/1935:11> »
Rolls:

AGI + Close Combat (Superior Position +2) against Mr. Nately: 15d6t5 6
for hitting with my shock hand

Initiative: 7+2d6 10
Awful.  Is it ok to Blitz after rolling initiative dice?  Perfectly fine if not, but if so, let's see if I can do better. 

Blitz dice: 3d6 15
Much better if it counts.  That would put Ace at 25 total.

ETA: @Mal, I had already rolled when I saw your post.  Hmm.  OOC, I'm fine with stalling, but Ace wouldn't stall when he saw an in, unless he was directed to.  How should we play this?  I'll hold off before posting IC.
« Last Edit: <01-03-15/1937:04> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #688 on: <01-03-15/1948:04> »
I'm also not sure how we're disabling both at the same time, and we still haven't gotten a good look at the wife, but I hadn't cautioned Ace to hold off, so I'll follow his lead. I'm probably being overly paranoid and slowing the game unnecessarily anyway.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #689 on: <01-03-15/1958:20> »
The thing with security is that they roll around in an RV. Without the presence of spirits or a tactical team that follows them everywhere, the cabin certainly isn't going to be less secure than their home on wheels. Of course, my limited knowledge OOC of the world could be reflected in that statement.

So, I guess let's see what happens. *fingers crossed*
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal