NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #585 on: <12-27-14/2322:39> »
Just checking in. I'll be around, but we have some big decisions so I'm in no rush.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #586 on: <12-28-14/0016:59> »
I'm around, not doing much this week.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #587 on: <12-28-14/0116:55> »
I should have plenty of time this upcoming week as I'll be at work but pretty much no one else will.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

8-bit

« Reply #588 on: <12-28-14/0138:37> »
I'm around; hopefully posting will get me out of my Christmas-ridden stupor.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #589 on: <12-28-14/0157:59> »

Speaking of which how many among us have completely eaten themselves stupid? *raises hand*
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #590 on: <12-28-14/0201:17> »
*burp*

Does pie count?  If pie doesn't count, I've eaten normally.  If pie counts, um... I'm in trouble.  Speaking of....

* Zweiblumen runs off to eat some more pie
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #591 on: <12-28-14/0228:48> »

Speaking of which how many among us have completely eaten themselves stupid? *raises hand*

I ... can't ... raise ... my ... arms. Too ... full ... *collapses*

Trust me, relatives made lamb and lots of cookies. I did not go hungry.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #592 on: <12-28-14/0455:43> »

I ... can't ... raise ... my ... arms. Too ... full ... *collapses*

Trust me, relatives made lamb and lots of cookies. I did not go hungry.

OMG lamb! Seriously, lamb is literally one of maybe three things that will make me OMG. *drools* also, can't believe I'm drooling after how much I've eaten in the last few days.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #593 on: <12-28-14/2357:35> »
I made lamb for my in-laws on Christmas Eve. Maybe 8-bit and I are related.

I have safely returned from Idaho. It sounds like most of us are around so we can resume regular posting.

If it wasn't obvious, Doc's IC post was prior (about 15:05) to Ohanzee's announcement (about 15:30). Everyone is at the same time and place now (15:32 at the cabin).

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #594 on: <12-29-14/1128:20> »
How long will it take Sam to disarm the traps he laid last night? Can all three of them reasonably be done within 30 minutes?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #595 on: <12-29-14/1145:12> »
Or leave them. Whittle the numbers of our pursuers.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #596 on: <12-29-14/1204:27> »
I'm working off the assumption in my last IC post that Ace wouldn't be able to see the Wolf spirit.  Is that correct?

My vote is also for leaving any traps.  If we could make the whole house go boom, even better.

@Zwei, I don't think pie counts.  so you will be our paragon of eating sensibly over the holidays.  Well done.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #597 on: <12-29-14/1206:29> »
My vote is also for leaving any traps.  If we could make the whole house go boom, even better.

Well, i can arm the timer on the big bomb, clack it onto the obelisk, and we can make the whole city go boom if ya want...
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #598 on: <12-29-14/1211:46> »

Well, i can arm the timer on the big bomb, clack it onto the obelisk, and we can make the whole city go boom if ya want...

Not exactly what I had in mind  ;)

In 2075 are rural cabins still running on propane or some equivalent?

ETA: we need to figure out what to do with the RV's rightful owners.  I'd rather hash at least some of this out OOC, as what I feel comfortable with and what Ace feels comfortable with aren't necessarily the same tactics. 

Also, Tecumseh, if I may live vicariously through you, how'd you prepare the lamb?
« Last Edit: <12-29-14/1320:53> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #599 on: <12-29-14/1325:05> »
I'm working off the assumption in my last IC post that Ace wouldn't be able to see the Wolf spirit.  Is that correct?
He is. But he could be anywhere in the house. I just put him in a position where he could keep a watchful eye on things, Tecumseh put him near the entrance to the kitchen. While he started off laying down pretending to doze, there is no reason his agitation couldn't get the best of him and he could start a proper patrol. And, there's no reason he needs to remain materialized other than saving a complex action when some soft (non astral) targets show up. Of course, not being materialized when those "soft targets" have heavy weapons might also be an advantage, so again, whatever fits the narrative.

On the leaving of the traps. I have considered further and I have a concern. If our pursuers are smart (and I have no reason to believe otherwise) they'll probably surveil the place before entry, using both astral and matrix means. Once they determine we are not present, they might choose not to enter. Though, if they want to search the place for evidence and potential material components for rituals, they might not have a choice. Also, our modus operandi so far has been to torch everything, so finding the place still standing might lull them into a false sense of security. So, pros and cons, but all stuff worth considering.

I hope no one minds me discussing this OOC here first. It'll be a part of IC once we have a consensus on action, but I figure this sort of detail work makes for boring and onerous IC, so...