NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa

• 559 Replies

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #240 on: <09-09-14/1906:36> »
The Masked Woman is sufficiently paranoid to cast Detect Enemies (Extended) following the announcement of the device in hidden mode.

Spellcasting @ F4 = 4 hits
Soak 4 Drain = 6 hits, no drain

That would be effective out to Force * Magic * 10 meters = 180 meters.

As soon as your spell completes and you imbue yourself with the sense, a tingling sensation crawls across your scalp as you get a vague sense of danger and hostile intent. You know they're metahuman, but you can't determine their exact number. You do, however, get a general idea of direction: behind you, and up.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #241 on: <09-09-14/1922:26> »
Matrix Perception Check to find and identify Silent Running Device:
Matrix Perception: 9d6t5 3

1st Action: Hack on the Fly to Mark the Device
2nd Action: Trace Icon

Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #242 on: <09-09-14/1925:52> »
Matrix Perception Check to find and identify Silent Running Device:
Matrix Perception: 9d6t5 3

1st Action: Hack on the Fly to Mark the Device
2nd Action: Trace Icon

You fail to spot the Silent Running Device, and thus can't hack a mark on it. You can deduce from that, though, that it is extremely likely the device in question is a Deck, or slaved to one.

You should have more dice than that on Matrix Perception, though. Intuition 4 + Computer 5 + Codeslinger 2, plus another 2 if you went Hot-Sim first. So you're 2 to 4 dice short.
« Last Edit: <09-09-14/1930:54> by Ryo »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #243 on: <09-09-14/1930:29> »
heh, here's my perception roll

Perception2+Int3+vision2-snow3-dark3: 1d6t5 0
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #244 on: <09-09-14/1935:04> »

Current conditions are Moderate Snow (-3) and Total Darkness (-6) out the back of the car. Within range of the headlights, the Darkness is instead Partial Light (-1)

Your Thermographic vision moves Visibility and Light up 1 row each, to -1 and -3. You only use the most severe modifier, so your total is -3. You get three more dice, and you can add a +3 to specifically look for the people you are now aware are out there, so 6 extra dice total. Might actually get a hit or two.
« Last Edit: <09-09-14/1936:41> by Ryo »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #245 on: <09-09-14/1942:32> »

Current conditions are Moderate Snow (-3) and Total Darkness (-6) out the back of the car. Within range of the headlights, the Darkness is instead Partial Light (-1)

Your Thermographic vision moves Visibility and Light up 1 row each, to -1 and -3. You only use the most severe modifier, so your total is -3. You get three more dice, and you can add a +3 to specifically look for the people you are now aware are out there, so 6 extra dice total. Might actually get a hit or two.

6 extra dice: 6d6t5 2

well, there's two more hits, but also two more one's. does having more one's than hits matter? For some reason, i feel like it does.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #246 on: <09-09-14/1944:43> »
Second Matrix Perception Test: (Not sure if I need to take a penalty for repeating action.)
Perception Test: 9d6t5 4

Also command the agent to search for the device as well.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #247 on: <09-09-14/1956:41> »

6 extra dice: 6d6t5 2

well, there's two more hits, but also two more one's. does having more one's than hits matter? For some reason, i feel like it does.

1s only matter if it is half or more of your total dice pool. You've got 3 ones on 7 dice, so you didn't glitch.

With 2 hits, Uncle Sam is able to just barely make out something in the air, about 40 meters behind your vehicle and a good 90 meters above you. He can't tell what it is.

Second Matrix Perception Test: (Not sure if I need to take a penalty for repeating action.)
Perception Test: 9d6t5 4

Also command the agent to search for the device as well.

This time, you spot the device, with 1 net hit. You determine it's a PAN for a vehicle, specifically a Nissan Hound.

Your Agent is Rating 6, and rolls Rating*2+2 for everything. It also has 4d6 initiative dice, and has Rating + Your Data Processing for Initiative. You can feel free to roll its actions from here on out.

Matrix Perception: 14d6t5 5

The Agent gets 2 net hits, spotting the Vehicle as well and giving you two pieces of info: It's slaved to another device in the PAN, and it has a Firewall of 8.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #248 on: <09-09-14/2007:09> »
Astral perception / assensing:

INT 6 + Assensing 4 - Stun 1 =  6 hits

Five 6s, that's some style. Not sure if there are any modifiers except for my stun damage.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #249 on: <09-09-14/2008:32> »
I am going to assume (Yeah I know what that means :P ) that this is becoming at least matrix combat so I am going to roll initiative for Crumpled Man and his Agent.

Crumpled Man's:
Initiative: 3d6+10 22

Agent's:
Agent's Init: 4d6+12 20
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #250 on: <09-09-14/2011:20> »
Astral perception / assensing:

INT 6 + Assensing 4 - Stun 1 =  6 hits

Five 6s, that's some style. Not sure if there are any modifiers except for my stun damage.

There aren't rules for it, but in my opinion Astral Vision ignores normal Light conditions, using Astral light instead, and shifts Visibility one row up, same as Ultrasound.

The astral light here is well illuminated by the Gaeasphere, so that counts as Full Light, and there's no Astral Visibility issues, so you're only dealing with Visibility from the Snow. Medium Snow moves up one row, to -1. So you're at 5 hits outside the vehicle. If you rolled that after entering the vehicle, you get the full 6. Either way, that's the entire Assensing table.

So, here's the real question: Are you just looking around outside, or did you enter the vehicle?

You don't see any astral forms in the area outside, but you can make out the astral shadow of what looks like a large helicopter in the air behind you clear as day.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #251 on: <09-09-14/2018:23> »
The plan was to look for immediate threats (like a giant spirit sitting on top of the van) and, if none, approach and enter the helicopter. I didn't want to pose the second half right away since it doing so would presume that there wasn't an ambush or a conflict in the first half of the sequence.

I hadn't thought of snow affecting astral vision but that's reasonable.

Man, the agent can only get a total of 8 initiative off four dice? That's some 2nd percentile rolling right there.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #252 on: <09-09-14/2020:36> »
I haven't rolled initiative yet, so i still don't know what my reaction score is.
mind rollin my initiative for me?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #253 on: <09-09-14/2029:06> »
Uncle Sam: Initiative 9 + 2d6: 2d6+9 18 Reaction is 5(6)

Masked Woman's Surprise Test: Reaction 3 + Intuition 6: 9d6t5 0

Your Edge is 3, if you want to edge that.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #254 on: <09-09-14/2034:18> »
I believe I will Edge that.

Edge reroll = 2 hits

Spent all my hits on the Assensing, it seems.