NEWS

Chrome Flesh Errata

• 250 Replies

Duellist_D

• Chummer
« Reply #225 on: <01-31-16/1536:18> »
Could you look at the Biocompatibility quality and how it works?

Sadly, they copypasted the same crap that was in Chromeflesh, so you get the not-really-clear rule of "10% reduction (same math as with Adapsin) then round down to the nearest ten.

Major thumb down for that.

and they're capped at 6
Which made it necessary for me to rearrange 2 Chars :(

with a not so happy Dance
Medicineman

Even the English version pointed out skillsofts where capped at Rating 6

Skillsoft yeah, sure
but not Hardwired Skills
it's different 'ware with different inherent Rules  ;)
Anyway, I retconned my two Chars and now everything is Ok

HokaHey
Medicineman

The Skillwires had no Skillcap, true, but they required additional Skillsofts in the english Version and these always had a max-rating of 6.
So, you could, in theory, but in a R12 Hardware in your body, but still would have had only R6 Softs to run on them.

Hey Duelist, could you check the custom drug tables in the German version? I'm curious if the addiction thresholds and addiction ratings have been modified from the crazy levels of the English version.

The only change in the table seems to be that they switched out all Asterisks for hyphens, in the table.

Foundations are still 6/2, Enhancer +1/+1, costs and Availability modifiers are also the same.
So the Addiction ratings and Threshholds can still skyrocket quite easily, but keep in mind that the german rules for Drug consumption are a bit different. Not sure if this is good or bad in this particular case, only ever bothered with Cram.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #226 on: <02-12-16/2311:25> »
On pg. 122, the Bio-Weapons table has formatting errors with Stingers and Tusks. It shows what appears to be acquisition data (essence, availability, and cost) in the combat data table. I'm guessing those were never supposed to be there.

Wait, you mean Tusks aren't supposed to have a four meter reach and inflict 10,000¥ damage per bite?

:)

-k

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #227 on: <02-13-16/1400:42> »
For the record, the concept of money-chomping cyber is probably the most terrifying thing for many a player. :D

Oben

• Newb
« Reply #228 on: <02-19-16/0907:59> »
Any word on when the Chrome Flesh errata will be available?

Or is there another source for getting the cost and specs on the SR5 Encephalon?

Oben

• Newb
« Reply #229 on: <02-29-16/1342:55> »
Bueller.

Bueller.

Bueller?

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #230 on: <02-29-16/1935:32> »
http://criticalglitch.com/?page_id=563

Is this still accurate, despite not being updated in over six months? I wouldn't hold your breath.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #231 on: <03-01-16/0116:23> »

Ouch.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #232 on: <03-01-16/0154:26> »
Another six months, and we're looking two years back for the last proper errata release noted on Crit Glitch .

That's 'ouch', eh?

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #233 on: <04-09-16/1828:45> »
Nephritic Screen states that it adds "its Rating as a dice pool bonus to Toxin Resistance or Disease Resistance tests". Do you have to choose whether the nephritic screen adds to Toxin or Disease at the time of purchase, or should that read "Toxin Resistance and Disease Resistance tests"?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #234 on: <04-12-16/1056:29> »
I'd say that is a classical including "or" since you usually don't roll combined disease and toxin tests  ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #235 on: <04-12-16/1247:11> »
Absolutely, Jack_Spade. We've ruled it as applying to both, but I'd prefer it get clarified (at some point).

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #236 on: <04-24-16/1747:39> »
The cyber-snob quality requires that the character start out with at least one Essence point's worth of betaware-grade 'ware.  However, characters are limited to used/omegaware, standard, and alphaware at character creation.  Prime runner play and the restricted gear quality don't change this - they only raise availability limits.  So, it is such a snooty quality that you can't even take it...?

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #237 on: <04-25-16/0257:25> »
The cyber-snob quality requires that the character start out with at least one Essence point's worth of betaware-grade 'ware.  However, characters are limited to used/omegaware, standard, and alphaware at character creation.  Prime runner play and the restricted gear quality don't change this - they only raise availability limits.  So, it is such a snooty quality that you can't even take it...?
Its a case for Errata .
Cybersnob's supposed to crave Alphaware at least ;)
(I'm quite disappointed at Pegasus because that slipped by the German books too)

Hough
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #238 on: <04-25-16/2226:45> »
Its a case for Errata .
Cybersnob's supposed to crave Alphaware at least ;)
(I'm quite disappointed at Pegasus because that slipped by the German books too)

Hough
Medicineman

So depressed you forgot to dance this post?  :-\

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #239 on: <04-26-16/0246:11> »
>>> So depressed you forgot to dance this post?

Naaah ;)
Its a bit more difficult to find a suitable or funny Dance in English, so on foreign Forums I more often Hough or HeyaHeyaHej than do Matrix Dances.
And I'm not really depressed because I know the Truth behind it. :)

with a True & Offtopic Dance
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8