NEWS

Hero Lab

• 8 Replies

lousydiceroller

• Newb
« on: <10-27-11/0005:09> »
I recently bought the Shadowrun data package for Hero Lab and it is very nice product.  It has some good "in-play" functionality, but those features have a little bit of a learning curve.

Is there any release schedule for additional data packages to include books like Street Magic, Unwired, etc?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <10-27-11/0811:59> »
They are working on getting the other books into the system, but they don't have any dates announced yet. They run on the schedule of "when it's done, we'll announce it".

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <10-27-11/1149:20> »
They are working on getting the other books into the system, but they don't have any dates announced yet. They run on the schedule of "when it's done, we'll announce it".
So we're going to wait 15-years and get a mediocre game?  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <10-27-11/1253:13> »
Hero Labs is the Character Generator, not a game. They already have the basic stuff out, they're working on the "Advanced Rules" from the other books.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <10-27-11/1322:44> »
Hero Labs is the Character Generator, not a game. They already have the basic stuff out, they're working on the "Advanced Rules" from the other books.
Duke Nukem:  Forever reference.  "When it's done" was the ETA.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <10-27-11/1349:31> »
Duke Nukem:  Forever reference.  "When it's done" was the ETA.  :P
Gotcha. ;D

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #6 on: <10-27-11/1626:23> »
I've tried the Hero Labs generator, and it is fairly good. But I still use the Excel sheet I put together for most of my characters, mainly because it is organized the way I think. Though I may translate some of them over to Hero Labs at some point.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

lousydiceroller

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <10-28-11/0228:49> »
Undoubtedly, if you are willing to put in the effort to make your own Excell sheet, or find one on the web, this is the type of stuff Hero Lab has to compete with. 
Cheers on your enthusiasm for the game if you are willing to grind out this work, but the functionality of this product is really awesome for people like me who want quick and easy.

The price point can't be beat for an offical product.  I've been a fan of Lone Wolf back when I bought Army Builder on a 3.5 floppy from my local gamming store. 

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #8 on: <10-28-11/0806:01> »
Heh. Well, when I'm doing a D&D character, I make up a quick and dirty excel sheet to run my gear cost in, so I know how much I got left to spend. In M&M, I made a similar Excel sheet to the one I use in Shadowrun to keep track of all the points.

My sheet is quick and dirty, now that I've set it up, but it does the math for me. And since I do most of my gaming in a PBP format, I can just copy things over into a text file which I can throw up on the forum I'm on at the time. Honestly, it is nothing special. Just set up the calculations so it does the math for you on most things.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters