NEWS

Where to post user created content

• 6 Replies

BRodda

• Newb
  • I create stupid useless things.
« on: <01-06-15/1547:05> »
Looking over the forums I can't tell if posts getting feedback on user generated content should go in General, GM or Gear. I used to post a LOT of content to Dumpshock and I'm thinking about posting some of my newer stuff here. The issue is that I stat and create tons of stuff. Drones, para-critters, spirits, weapons.... Hell I created stats for sharks with lasers on their heads and mutated sea bass.

So suggestions on where to put things to get feedback? Or is there some rule I missed in the ToS about this as I don't see anyone posting this type of stuff here?

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-06-15/1549:24> »
This is obviously not official, but user-generated content is by no means illegal as far as I'm aware. There are sub-forums for PACKs and some people do post custom setting information in the GM Toolbox sub-forum. That'd be my suggestion, personally, as GMs would need to allow custom content for it to be relevant.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-06-15/1552:38> »
it all depends on what the content is. Though i admit most of it goes into the Gamemasters' Lounge, Rules and such, and Character creation and critique

Worst come to worst fastjack will just move it to where it belongs
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

BRodda

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <01-06-15/1608:45> »
I hope it doesn't have to get scattered across all the forums  :-\

Just to give you an idea of the type and diversity of the stuff I make you can check out this old index post I made in Dumpshock a while ago before I had to stop posting.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=29393&hl=brodda

Not sure about the rules for porting over some of that stuff (maybe after updating it to 5th) to here. It's all just buried and will probably never see the light of day where they are now.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #4 on: <01-06-15/1627:48> »
When I post up content that changes the fundamentals of the game, such as the Advanced Technomancy Rules, Chemistry Rules, and Life Modules, I post them to the GM Toolbox.  The GM is the one that makes that call, and as these are resources, I make sure to put the [Resource] tag in front of the subject line.  People still put their stuff wherever though, so it really depends on the person and/or on the content.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

BRodda

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <01-06-15/1631:22> »
Good to know there is a resource tag. Did not know that. Thanks.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #6 on: <01-06-15/1858:08> »
It's not a BBCode tag, it's a community-created one.  You just put [Resource] in the subject line so that people know what they're looking at.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.