NEWS

Fairly green GM about to start running Sprawl Wilds as a warmup to SRM5

• 3 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« on: <12-29-14/2031:26> »
Originally when I started out Shadowrun group it was with the plan of writing my own stuff for it and keeping it all homebrew. But uni hasn't really agreed with that so we've decided to switch over to Missions. As we're all still fairly new I felt it would be best to start off running Sprawl Wilds as a warmup, learning more of the game and getting a feel for Missions before jumping into season 5.

So a major question would be the transition... Reading the start of Chasing the Wind it seems that it assumes Shadowrunners already working in Chicago, so what would be a good idea for transferring the ex-Sprawl Wilds Seattle characters over to Chicago for season 5?

And on another note, while I'm asking questions here. one of the players is interested in playing a demolitionist, although leaning more towards breaching than large-scale. Is that there's there's a lot of room for in season 5?
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #1 on: <12-30-14/1700:56> »
Perhaps they could be on vacation in Seattle, or been hired there for a series of jobs (Sprawl Wilds + Firing Line)? Or maybe they need to be convinced to move to Seattle....
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-30-14/1746:15> »
Perhaps they could be on vacation in Seattle, or been hired there for a series of jobs (Sprawl Wilds + Firing Line)? Or maybe they need to be convinced to move to Seattle....

Hmmmm, that could work actually... Sprawl Wilds does have an intro scene for arriving in Seattle... The main issues I see is out-of-city contacts, perhaps someone's fixer in Chicago puts them in touch with someone in Seattle and they'll need to build a network from there as the missions progress?
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #3 on: <12-31-14/1038:14> »
Sure, or maybe their fixer was there on vacation himself, visiting old friends like Bull, and decided to call them because he had noticed a "Business Opportunity" and he figured he could get little known runners from Chicago in on the Action. Having a World-Traveling fixer contact could explain why they find them selves in New York, the CAS, London, and a couple of other places.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal