Shadowrun Play > Character creation and critique

Comments please: Bypass

<< < (2/3) > >>

Walks Through Walls:
No problem. I looked at it briefly and thought I might have been wrong. I am always willing to talk about how others view the game, rules and interpretations.

The many good ideas you and another jack provided me has caused me to look over the character and I am in the process of a possible major overhaul.

Thanks again for your feedback

Kontact:
Something to consider, Increased Reflexes doesn't increase your Reaction attribute, but instead applies itself directly to your initiative.

That means, if anybody shoots at you, ever, you are tanked.  2 Reaction is nasty.

You probably can't afford it without mashing things around, but taking Combat Sense and Increase Reaction, as well as a couple more R3 sustaining foci will save your life.

Lansdren:
Given how you will be attacking in melee with touch spells you can afford to drop the strength abit to use somewhere else.

I would keep the bike plus riding skill, no runner should be without wheels or the ability to use them.

Kontact:

--- Quote from: Lansdren on ---Given how you will be attacking in melee with touch spells you can afford to drop the strength abit to use somewhere else.

I would keep the bike plus riding skill, no runner should be without wheels or the ability to use them.

--- End quote ---

His Reaction is 2 :-\

He would be better off driving the bike in VR.
1) VR reduces the threshold of all Piloting actions by 1.
2) He can sub in Command instead of Reaction, so a Command 6 Optimization 3 program running on his link (total cost 900¥) allows him to default with 5 dice.
3) run it in hot sim (+150¥) and that's 2 more dice.
4) add Comlink Optimization [Command] (+500) and that's one more.

So, for 1550¥, he's tossing 8 dice on a defaulted test with a lowered threshold, rather than 3 dice by spending the 4BP for a rank of Pilot Groundcraft.

Matrix:  It's everywhere you want to cheese.

[natch, if he took 1 level in pilot groundcraft, he could be throwing 10 dice in VR..]

Oh, also, since he's not "jumped in" there's no need for a rigger modification or risk of biofeedback.  Remote control for the win.

Lansdren:
Simsense vertigo might be a issue for doing that by VR

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version