Shadowrun Play > Homebrew PACKs

Metavariant PACKs

<< < (3/5) > >>

beowulf_of_wa:

--- Quote from: FastJack on ---Meaning that the Build Point costs for the Variant races is a set cost, just like the base races. I only tacked on the PACK differential to the cost.

If you build a dwarf using normal Character Creation rules, it will cost you 25 BP for the race. If you build a Harumen with those rules, it will cost you 50 BP.

Under the PACKS, choosing the Dwarf PACK costs you 15 BP, 10 less than the normal cost. So the cost of the Harumen is 40 BP (or 15 + 25 for the extra abilies).

--- End quote ---

i thought that you only had to pay the BP cost of one not both, and that also meant you couldn't stack the bonuses from both the dwarf and variant.
if they do stack, does that mean a harumen has both low light and thermo vision?
and if not, why pay the bp for both?

RAW in runner's companion pg 71 says you only pay the BP for the variant

or am i totally missing something?

FastJack:
I wasn't adding on the BP as extra, merely looking at the difference in cost between BP in character creation and applying the same difference for the PACK.

beowulf_of_wa:
fair enough,,

hate when i go blind like that,

Katrex:
I really dont get this at all.

lets take
Pixie**     -25      -3      2      2      -3      2      1      1      2      0
Sasquatch     40      5      0      0      4      0      0      0      0      0
a sasquatch would cost  90 in stats -20 in flaws (who knows what the other bonuses would be)
but lets assume 80 total bp and it costs us 40 to buy. So that nets up 40 profit.
That would imply going pixie would be cheaper to hand build?
A pixie would be better if you made it yourself. I somehow doubt that, how much are you assuming flight and concealment are worth, because if you were to make them in to qualites id say they were at least 15 bp each at least.

FastJack:

--- Quote from: Katrex on ---I really dont get this at all.

lets take
Pixie**     -25      -3      2      2      -3      2      1      1      2      0
Sasquatch     40      5      0      0      4      0      0      0      0      0
a sasquatch would cost  90 in stats -20 in flaws (who knows what the other bonuses would be)
but lets assume 80 total bp and it costs us 40 to buy. So that nets up 40 profit.
That would imply going pixie would be cheaper to hand build?
A pixie would be better if you made it yourself. I somehow doubt that, how much are you assuming flight and concealment are worth, because if you were to make them in to qualites id say they were at least 15 bp each at least.

--- End quote ---
As before, I'm basing the costs not off the specific bonuses/penalties that the race gives you, but as they created the PACKs for the other races, where it's a matter of how it stacks up to the basic stats and such. Sure, the Pixie is extremely cheap at -25 with the PACKs system, but if you use it, then you cannot use the attribute kits I listed because the adjustments would take them below the minimum attributes. So you're really restricted in the type of Pixie character you can create with PACKs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version