Shadowrun Play > Character creation and critique

Panther - Physical Adept Missions build Non Lolsy.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Hobbes:
For a Burn Out adept, the Way of the Burn out would be a high priority.  Probably would grab that with the first initiation.  Reduce Edge costs by 1 three times per scene for 11 Karma or so?  Easy pick.  But really Combat is a solved problem out of the gate for this build, there really isn't much need for more dice/dv/whatever so the character is free to pursue whatever secondary they'd like. 

I'd probably pick up Increase Mental Attribute as the second Initiation power for whichever attribute I'm using the most frequently to trigger the Edge reduction from Way of the Burn out. 

The only changes I'd suggest is if someone wants a different Metatype or stronger secondary or has some playstyle tweaks they'd want to make.

And yes, 8 DV kicks means KO Blow is often redundant. But if you're going up against something with a lot of boxes, KO Blow would probably be the way to go.

tequila:
Thanks!

tequila:
In Sixth World Companion Cyclopean Eye loses "gain an Edge on all actions within Close range." It is just a negative quality now. :(

Hobbes:
Sixth world also adds the option to use Str for your Close Combat skill.  If your table is using that rule this build would want to really shuffle things around and probably be a weapon user as well. 

Getting a high AR/DR for edge generation is still doable though, and this character pretty rapidly improves in a few runs with a couple more Martial Arts and Qi Foci.

tequila:
Forgot about the rule for using STR for Close Combat.  Should have read the Companion section of the SRM FAQ before making my character. :D  Still, I'm pretty happy with what I ended up with.  I went Koborokuru instead of Cyclops - the thought a of a 3-4' tall person dropping people in one kick was too amusing in my head.

Thanks again for your builds.  They're a great source of inspiration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version