NEWS

[IC] Prologue: Twist

• 13 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« on: <09-29-16/2317:46> »
At the end of the day when your shift is about to end Gunderson calls you over.  You know I never really wanted you to get into this life.  I thought you might be my courier forever.  But you say you want to do more and you have some tech skills so I have a job for you.  I need someone to sneakily procure some data.  You will be there under cover as a courier, but I want you to hack anything you can find that you think you can get away with.  we have some new players in the neighborhood and they are playing by the rules but just barely and I want some dirt on them in case they move on me or my people.  I'll pay you for whatever you find, I'll give you a fair price for it.  You get into trouble you just run okay.  This ain't worth your life kid, ya got me?  Here's the address they should leave you alone mostly it's late and if you "fall asleep" they aren't going to be too suspicious.

Gunderson treats everyone gruffly but you seem to be one of the few people he actually cares about.  You think he sees a bit of himself in you, or it could just be he has a soft spot for kids.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

NightAngel

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <10-01-16/0846:04> »
Twist nods, eyes bright at being given a real assignment, and she gives Gunderson a lazy salute completely lacking in any semblance of military discipline (not surprising, considering she's never met a soldier or been in the military).

"Bein' a courier is nice an' all, but you gots jobs that I ken do, an' I wanna help. I ain't gonna let you dun, boss!"

She takes the address, tucking it away in one of the pockets of her dirty and patched jumpsuit, then hesitates.

"Uh. What am I deliverin' to these drekheads? An' who am I bringin' it to?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <10-01-16/1218:54> »
You're picking up a package for me.  Everything else has been arranged you just pick it up and bring it back.  Remember these guys are playing by the rules, they aren't our enemies...yet.  Don't bring that to a head, kid.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

NightAngel

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-02-16/0025:30> »
She nods again.

"Can do, will do! See ya soon! I gotta.....run!"

She giggles a little, then turns and heads out before he can give her the swat upside the head that she deserves for a terrible pun like that.

Still giggling, she darts through the darkness of the Barrens, heading for the address she's been given and the package she's to pick up.

Once she's safely out of sight, she finds a quiet alley to duck into, and briefly hops into the Matrix. Calling upon her Resonance, she exerts her will to Compile a Data Sprite.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <10-02-16/1412:39> »
The sprite arrives awaiting your command though the exertion caused you to break out into cold sweats a and a bit of a headache.  You trek through a couple of miles of the barrens and come to an old abandoned office building.  A maglock on the door, buzzer and cameras all seem relatively new though, these new guys seem to be taking that seriously at least.  You buzz in announce you are here for the Gunderson delivery and they hit the lock on the door to let you in.   A bored looking guard ushers you in to a dingy lobby or waiting room.  Yer early, he says.  It'll take another half hour or so you can wait here or come back later.

NightAngel

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <10-02-16/1757:30> »
When the sprite arrives, Twist asks it to find out anything that it can on the residents of the building she's heading for. When she arrives and sees the security setup, she then asks it to give her as much as it can about the matrix presence of the building.

In response to the guard, she shrugs.
"Eh, I'll wait, null persp. More troubl' than it's worth ta' go an' com back, scan? I'ma take a nap. Call me wen yer ready."

So saying, she heads for the waiting room and curls up on a chair. She waits a few moments to see if the guard has any response before she jacks in.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <10-02-16/2106:26> »
The guard grunts at you then heads back to a desk where he continues to watch the closed screen trid.  The sprite reports finding a number of devices acting under the guidance of a spider as well as about 2 dozen individual PANs in the building.  There isn't a host but there are multiple firewalls of different ratings throughout the building.

NightAngel

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <10-02-16/2128:26> »
Twist pillows her head on her arms and closes her eyes, opening them in the Matrix in the same moment.

She sets the motion detector on her jumpsuit to alert her if it detects anything in her vicinity in meatspace, and rubs her digital hands together.

First step, find the targets.

She looks around, trying to catalog the relative strengths of the firewalls and PANs around her to see if anything strikes her as interesting.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <10-03-16/1430:52> »
Your sprite reports the records for this building are unavailable it has no listed occupants and no known ownership records.  You didn't really expect accurate information in the Barrens anyway.  All the security runs through the spiders system the rating 6 firewall protecting it may be crackable but can you do it without alerting the spider?  Most of the other com links are rated between 1-4.  You figure that's where the private stuff is anyway.

NightAngel

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <10-04-16/2354:34> »
With a flick of her digital fingers, Twist sends a sparkling mist of Resonance towards the commlink located highest up in the building, reasoning that the guy at the top is likely to be the brass, and her persona (which looks like a 2-foot tall pixie made of light) grins in anticipation.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <10-07-16/2334:41> »
You find basic information, name Selena Marne, female, ork, 23, like to dance and drive fast.   She's been exchanging some emails with a guy named ToM you think they are dating from content and the nude pictures she included.  She seems to have a fondness for Cram but doesn't call her dealer enough to be useful to you.  She apparently like orxploitation and has a fairly extensive play list of the crap.  You create a file for her who knows what Gunderson will find useful and every little bit helps, but nothing really stands out with this one.

NightAngel

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <10-07-16/2355:58> »
Mildly disappointed, Twist files the info away and goes to the next icon, repeating the trick she used on the first one.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <10-08-16/1406:16> »
You find pretty much the same information on this one but there's a little juicy gossip about a guy named Sebastian who runs the crew apparently he quite well connected by some shadowy types and no one seems to know who and is mostly conjecture.  Interesting, but not exactly pay data,

[spoiler]If you want to just roll the next three we can speed this up, remember to include your stun modifiers.[/spoiler]

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <10-17-16/2134:34> »
You continue uploading the information from each of the rating 4 PANs you get the names of a few of the people running the show.  Sebastian seems to be the head of it all though apparently he answers to some higher ups elsewhere, but no one seems to know where that might be though a few have hypothesized.  He's an Ancient scout looking for the newest stomping grounds, or an operative from one of the Tir's or a corp operative from Telestrian.

He's got a bruiser on the payroll some kind of enforcer they call him the "Sheriff", a troll everyone is scared shitless of.

There are two groups who work for him.  The Dollars, a matrix based group that they only contact via matrix run by a hacker named Tanaka and a group he uses a muscle and smuggling called Mikado.

There is also a connection to an information broken named Izaya, but there's not much information on him,

These seem to be the big players at least there's some handles and gossip but you have a decent amount of info to take to Gunderson, but you think you could do a few more by your estimate you've got another 2-3  PANs you could access.