NEWS

The Raid: Redemption movie

• 19 Replies

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #15 on: <04-25-12/0417:03> »
I've heard that before as well.  It really doesn't take long to get a copy version, and not one of those handheld cam versions either.  Makes sense, but why not just release globally the same day?  Must be partly a logistical issue and local market issue as well. 

Saw Battleship.  Gf liked it and it was one way to waste an afternoon without any serious thinking.  Not a movie which people will remember a year from now though...

Definently try and see the Raid.  Consider the challenge of seeing it part of the 'experience' :)
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <04-25-12/0741:04> »
Not playing in any nearby theatres for me... :'(  Likely have to wait for it to hit Netflix.

AJC

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <04-25-12/1422:07> »
I can't take Battleship seriously when it is such a blatant cash grab by Hasbro to capitalize on a toy named after a class of warship that was decommissioned twenty years ago.

My favorite comment regarding clips that have been released of it though has got to be (paraphrasing) "Aliens are more believable than someone being a dick towards and not serving Brooklyn Decker a burrito for no reason."
« Last Edit: <04-25-12/1424:38> by James Meiers »

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #18 on: <04-25-12/1800:51> »
You may have difficult with the last 20 minutes then....  ::)

We felt it was very um... american... in the ending... (not sure what americans actually think about these overtly patrotic endings).

We also, after careful assessment, we actually believed if the hero wasn't such a dick, then the aliens would have been much easier to deal with...

The fun bit was my gf didn't realise it was an alien invasion movie, so she was actually surprised! (in a good way, she was beginning to worry it might be a serious drama...)

Cant say much else without spoiling it (and there is so little to spoil).  The one positive note was the pop star renea.  Her role was low key (very much a supporting role) and thus her acting skills were not strained.  Actually a good starting role for her, one that wont kill her new career.  Its not uncommon for a diva to 'star' in their first movie and that's almost never a good idea...
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <04-25-12/2017:29> »
Oh man, Rhianna. Because Michelle Rodriguez was unavailable (or worse, said "No.").