NEWS

CFD: Imago, Evo Dickens Program and Azzies

• 1 Replies

belaran

• Omae
« on: <12-22-15/0836:52> »
Hi,

In correlation of the all CFD cluster fuck madness in Boston, I've seen a lot of reference to Imago being merged with the Evo's Dickens Program. Can someone pinpoint which book gives a bit more info on this Evo's secret project ?

Also, in Boston lockdown, the entry on Imago mentioned it as being a joint venture between NeoNET, Evo and Azzies - more/less driven by Celedyr and Cerbereus on the NeoNET side. I wonder how the Azzies comes into this project ? What are their end game ?

(note, due to time constraint I did not read the Boston's campaign, just skim through so maybe I missed the paragraph explaining this)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <12-22-15/1054:53> »
The Dickens project was named such likely as a reference to A Christmas Carol, with its ghosts. Basically, the idea was to take living people (such as the Chief Corporate Court Justice), kill them, and replace them with 'ghosts', simulacra that were advanced enough that they couldn't be told from the original when going through the matrix. Nasty stuff, really. No book goes into detail on it, more than some oblique references. Like Celedyr's Albuquerque facility, it is talked about in several books, but doesn't go into detail.

As for the Azzies, I'd say they were there for the magic side of things. Even though EVO and NeoNET are megas, and have access to magic, they aren't known for it like the Azzies are. (And Celedyr might have had to share more info than he wished to tap into NeoNET's magical assets.) The Azzies are the current leaders when it comes to large scale magic rituals and questionable ethics, and they've got their cybermancy program, so they know a bit about combining magic and tech. All of which was required to take the E-Ghost of a dragon and implant him back in his body with nanites.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters