NEWS

Tangled Currents - OOC thread

• 383 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #45 on: <04-02-16/2320:14> »
Yes.  The going along smoothly then BAM can happen to anyone, even guys going to the opera.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <04-03-16/0122:16> »
If the vehicle is putting out any publicly visible signals (as it should be given the neighborhood the club is in) any such the comm is detecting will be included in the message. If it isn't, then that will be included (as proof that the other driver is in violation of law for the area of town).
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #47 on: <04-04-16/0921:14> »
Preston is going to be doing a lot of matrix perception: unless until one of us says otherwise, I'm happy to just buy (i.e. 2 hits).

And in case I didn't make it clear enough from the IC post, Preston's ongoing crush on Sonya is helping immunize her versus Tanya's charms somewhat, helping him focus on the job at hand.

adamu

« Reply #48 on: <04-05-16/1759:56> »
@Prof Gast - take his offer or not, totally up to you.

But if you are worried about staying in line with your Day Job quality, then thanks for remembering your negative quality penalties, but in this case don't worry about it (it's there to invonvenience you, not me!).

adamu

« Reply #49 on: <04-05-16/1802:21> »
@Jack.Spade

I was trying to decide what your Korean media friend was going to do, and I realized it is high time for a Con roll....

Assume your hacker friend thows together some suitable credentials for you, which will give you three extra dice.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <04-06-16/1500:20> »
Fair enough  ;D
Con Roll: 8d6t5 3 [8d6t5=3, 3, 2, 6, 3, 4, 5, 5]

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #51 on: <04-12-16/1628:52> »
@Jack - loved your post. Dying to see what happens with all that toilet paper!

Just want to make sure we're on the same page with the layout (and sorry I'm too computer illiterate to do up any sort of graphic).

So assume you enter the office suite facing north.

So in the foyer you've got the reception desk on the north wall, and the bathroom you just used would have a discreet door on the east wall of the foyer.

The only other two doors out of the foyer are on the north wall, to either side of the reception desk. You are in the eastward room that is to the north of the reception desk.
It follows that there is another room to your west accessed by the other door from the foyer.
There is also a door on the west wall of the office you are in, which also most likely connects to the 'northwest' room. That is the door that had the loud pop music coming through, which music stopped a couple of minutes after you spoke to the receptionist about seeing Cheryl.

Will put a post up soon.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <04-17-16/1435:03> »
I still consider the levels of charge you're having those people levy utterly nonsensical and ridiculous. There is no valid reason, IMO, for such cost beyond purely meta-game ones.

The figures given would put the increase up to 120,000 per month and that is high for an area such as Bellevue, thus completely out of line and absolutely ludicrous for Touristville.
« Last Edit: <04-17-16/1444:50> by All4BigGuns »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <04-17-16/1455:28> »
Sounds almost as if they don't want you to pay rent but leave. A not unheard of tactic.  ::)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <04-17-16/1501:31> »
Sounds almost as if they don't want you to pay rent but leave. A not unheard of tactic.  ::)

Completely incorrect. I just expect that the actual rules be followed for these costs rather than arbitrary and exorbitant sums be made up because the GM thinks that that's supposedly necessary to "give a reason to run".

Just getting irritated at this point because I tried to work with it, and just ended up with the cost being exponentially increased again seemingly to counter my efforts.
« Last Edit: <04-17-16/1511:11> by All4BigGuns »

Helena

• Newb
« Reply #55 on: <04-17-16/2246:49> »
Thanks for the comments, Beta.  Adamu are really working hard trying to keep up with the posting.  Some of you guys are killers.  If you like seat of the chair, check out the Helena thread on Dumpshock.  Just starting something there.

i know, it was all going along smoothly, then "BOOM!"  Nice change-up :)  I'm not going to try and talk about all of the threads, but I am enjoying all of them.

Yup, that was pretty surprising !
Anyway, just wanted to give props to Adamu, Mercy and the others involved with TC, its been a blast to read and write so far ! ^^

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <04-18-16/0256:26> »
Thank you for the nice words.  Adamu and I are trying to keep everyone in the independent threads interested enough that they will want to continue as we move to pairs and small groups in the future.  The timing of those stages is pretty nebulous right now as we are all having fun (I hope).  Both of us are very happy with the writing and posting we are getting from the various players.  So kudos to all of you that have entrusted your characters to us.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <04-18-16/0312:40> »
Just wanted to apologize for the lack of activity, got caught up in something this weekend.  Will try to get something up tomorrow.

adamu

« Reply #58 on: <04-18-16/0508:09> »
Just wanted to apologize for the lack of activity, got caught up in something this weekend.  Will try to get something up tomorrow.

Dude, thanks for checking in, but no worries.

We post when we can.

It's not like I have time to bump all these threads daily either!

adamu

« Reply #59 on: <04-18-16/0510:51> »
@BigGuns - all is well!

The one and only point of all this is to have fun.

If you are not, then we fix things!

Hopefully tonight or tomorrow night I'll carve out a block of time to bump all my Tangled Currents threads, and we'll see if we can shift gears a bit for you, reorient things to be more enjoyable for you.