NEWS

Rokbotum, Ork God of RAWK!

• 3 Replies

cowleyc

• Newb
« on: <10-08-14/2317:19> »
I will be playing my first PbP game online, and wanted to make sure this character didn't have huge issues.  I just wanted to play an Ork Rockstar that believes the Nordic Gods pulse in his veins, so he had shock pads installed in his hands (for the thunder of Thor!) and took to the shadows.

This is a Street Level game set in Chicago, and my priorities are Skills->Attributes->Race->Nuyen->Magic.  Rokbotum is supposed to be some kind of face, without being super optomized.  Lots of electricity, and is working to get an Ares Thunderstruck.  I expect to make tons of Composure checks, and to pass one or two of them.  And as it's in Chicago, I'm not worried too much about Fake SINs.  I'm just here to RAWK.

Name: Rigel Rocksford
Alias: Rokbotum
Race: Ork
Sex: Male
Nationality: American
Lifestyle: Low-Quality
Karma Spent: 13
Physical Description: Ork Rockstar, dressed in chainmail and a leather jacket, with his trusty AK and his electrified mic stand.
Personality/background Aggressive, yet charismatic.  Very strong personality.  Was a (semi)famous rockstar that was slowly enticed to the shadows.

Attributes

BodyAgilityReactionStrength
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
EdgeMagic/ResonanceEssenceInitiative
104.876+1d6

Positive Qualities
Ambidextrous, Quick Healer, Rad-Tolerant, Too Pretty to Hit.
Negative Qualities
Combat Junkie, Mild Addiction (Alcohol)

Active Skills
Influence Skill Group 6Stealth 4
Automatics 5 (Assault Rifles)Clubs 5 (Staves)
Con 4 (Fast Talk)Impersonation 3
Intimidation 3 (Physical)Perception 3
Performance 6 (Singing)Pistols 5 (Semi-Auto)
Unarmed Combat 6
Knowledge Skills ( [Logic + Intuition] x 3 free points)
Alcohol (E. Europe) 1Area Knowledge (Chicago) 1
Literature (N. Europe) 2Music (Goblin Rock) 3

Gear (745¥)
Nemesis Arms Maul Stun Staff100¥
Shock Gloves550¥
Defiance EX Shocker250¥
Colt Government 2066700¥
-Concealed Quick-Draw Holster275¥
-Spare Clip
-Spare Clip
  -Regular Ammo x3060¥
AK-981250¥
-Sling15¥
-Spare Clip
-Spare Clip
  -Regular Ammo x4080¥
  -Stick-n-Shock Ammo x40320¥
  -Gas Grenade x280¥
  -Flash-Bang Grenade x2200¥
  -Smoke Grenade x280¥
Armor Jacket1000¥
-Shock Frills250¥
-Radiation Shielding (4)800¥
-Nonconductivity (4)1000¥
Chainmail900¥
Custom Ballistic Mask300¥
-Fire Resistance (4)1000¥
-Nonconductivity (4)1000¥
Goggles200¥
-Thermographic Vision500¥
-Flare Compensation250¥
-Vision Magnification250¥
-Single Sensor200¥
  -Geiger Counter
Renraku Sensei1000¥
Novacoke x10100¥
Survival Kit200¥
Autopicker (4)1000¥
Certified Credstick, Platinum500¥
Certified Credstick, Platinum500¥
Datajack, Used750¥
Voice Modulator (1), Used3750¥

Contacts
ContactC/L
Michael Hex (Manager/Fixer)   4/3
Greenley (Ork Nation)   2/2
Mr. Silver (Street Dealer)   3/1

I have 6 spare Karma, and figure I could either save it, or use to to grab a bunch of smaller contacts.
« Last Edit: <10-13-14/1832:13> by cowleyc »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #1 on: <10-08-14/2346:42> »
In so many ways I love your concept. Why people insist on the street level games I don't think I will ever understand. Regardless that last 3 street level sheets I have looked at have  just made me cringe. Attributes will take you so much further then skills or money. They are used to calculate ever single pool that matters, they generate or effect ever single derived value, they control basically all limits. When your dealing in the strictly limited resource environment that is Street level, attributes will take you further then skills, every time.
Yours isn't as bad the other two you made good use of Orc.
My apologize for this rant. Please carry on.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

cowleyc

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <10-09-14/0008:03> »
In so many ways I love your concept. Why people insist on the street level games I don't think I will ever understand. Regardless that last 3 street level sheets I have looked at have  just made me cringe. Attributes will take you so much further then skills or money. They are used to calculate ever single pool that matters, they generate or effect ever single derived value, they control basically all limits. When your dealing in the strictly limited resource environment that is Street level, attributes will take you further then skills, every time.

I went ahead and quickly swapped out the resources for stats.  All that meant was dropping both Tailored Pheromones (1) and two Shock Hands, both of which I forgot to add to the original sheet.  Shock hands were replaced with shock gloves, though I'm not sure if I have to take them off before performing another action, like picking my stubby nose.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #3 on: <10-09-14/0119:22> »

I went ahead and quickly swapped out the resources for stats.  All that meant was dropping both Tailored Pheromones (1) and two Shock Hands, both of which I forgot to add to the original sheet.  Shock hands were replaced with shock gloves, though I'm not sure if I have to take them off before performing another action, like picking my stubby nose.

*Picks stubby nose*

GM: Soak roll please.

Looks pretty good to me.