NEWS

Season 5?

• 62 Replies

Warmachinez

• Chummer
« on: <11-19-12/0759:15> »
Hello Fellow Jackpointers,

I was wondering if any of you have some info about season 5? I know it will be in Chicago, do we know anything else?

Also, Are there any sourcebooks that I should look at that could give me background information on Chicago?

Thank you!
Chaos? Lack of protection? Enemies lurking in the shadows? Sounds
to me like the fun’s just beginning. Sorry you’ll miss it, omae.
> Kane

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <11-19-12/1017:47> »
Feral Cities has a section on Chicago, and the new Dirty Tricks has a bit on UCAS politics in Illinois which largely revolves around integrating Chicago back into society.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <11-19-12/1130:53> »
One of the adventures in Artifacts Unbound is set in the CZ and has some interesting locations not in Feral Cities, like the mile-high Truman Tower and the pit of death nearby formerly known as the Wind Transit Terminal.

Twitchy D

• Omae
  • Paranoia is a survival trait.
« Reply #3 on: <11-19-12/1147:04> »
YES! I WAS WAITING FOR CHICAGO FOR SO LONG! ;D

I'll make so much money selling disposable razors and shaving cream, painkillers, granola bars and cans of veinna sausages and spam and bags of rice, and liquor distilling stuff, it won't even be funny. HEEHEEHEE! ;D

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #4 on: <11-19-12/1345:42> »
One of the adventures in Artifacts Unbound is set in the CZ and has some interesting locations not in Feral Cities, like the mile-high Truman Tower and the pit of death nearby formerly known as the Wind Transit Terminal.

Very good part of the mission. Blizzard in CZ. Recomendation.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <11-19-12/1456:38> »
Well, the adventure in the arc of the book was generally written for summer (Umm Umm summer in a Chicago overcome with death and destruction. Yum!), but that would be pretty nasty too.

The important thing is that you get to use wingsuits and the team leader has a helmet-mounted machine pistol.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <11-19-12/1626:00> »
Well, the adventure in the arc of the book was generally written for summer (Umm Umm summer in a Chicago overcome with death and destruction. Yum!), but that would be pretty nasty too.

The important thing is that you get to use wingsuits and the team leader has a helmet-mounted machine pistol.

Ah, I meant that part in Artifacts: Midnight. Hunt for Sonora began there.A:U are still far future for our team...

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #7 on: <11-21-12/0248:40> »
Wow.  I still can't really get over the fact that we're still tossing 'mile-high' buildings out there in Shadowrun.  That's almost twice the height of the current RL tallest building - 829m, the Burj Dubai.  I sure as hell wish I could just do a little thumb rubbing over some of those and say, "Look, it was blatant exaggeration on the part of the guy who ICly wrote that part, okay?"

Atlanta has (had?) one, Chicago ... if you presume the Renraku Arcology (*cough* ACHE) was its professed 400 floors and rose 4m per floor for structural reasons, then yeah, it hits 1600m ... but c'mon ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <11-21-12/1038:25> »
Chicago Spire, I think, is the project that was was never even started IRL, on google there was  just a hole in the ground when I looked last time. But for instance Seattle Renraku, where Deus slaughtered about 100thousand victims...I cannot imagine the size of the building if it is real....
Also...for Spire :) lets just asume the project was taken care of by wasp hive thus its a kind of magic... :)

actualy...lot of things in shadowrun does not correspond to our IRL views...GeMiTo for instance...but the fact is that those things are "real" by the book. So why not 2 mile high skycrapers in the age of ultra light construction materials line plastocrete...
« Last Edit: <11-21-12/1400:37> by Sichr »

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <11-21-12/1055:43> »
SCIRE was only 1 kilometer.

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #10 on: <11-21-12/2225:16> »
Actually, i plotted out the Arc on a curent map of seattle and it even went out over the docks and the historical district
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Zunimancer

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <11-22-12/1858:30> »
Chicago? Huh, would be nice to hear news from the brave men of Technospace.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <11-22-12/2045:59> »
I'm pretty psyched because I've already pitched one idea/plotline to Bull that would make me very happy.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #13 on: <11-22-12/2106:04> »
I'm pretty psyched because I've already pitched one idea/plotline to Bull that would make me very happy.
I'd do the same, but I'm due, like, five beatings already.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #14 on: <11-22-12/2140:43> »
thanks,I need to get my suggestions in
chicago, she was so pretty back then.....before ARES came in