NEWS

6e Phys Adepts post errata

• 4 Replies

markelphoenix

• Omae
« on: <05-22-20/1823:42> »
From my understanding, each Magic Point = automatic 1 Power Point. Separate from that, every Initiation can choose to gain a Power Point instead of a Metaquality. So I could I...
Initiate, choose Power Point, then raise Magic with karma to gain another power point? Effectively, would this mean that every initiation would equate to 2 power points if a person raised magic right after initiation and choosing power point metaquality?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-22-20/1830:43> »
Yes, IF you spent all that karma.  Initiating isn't too pricey, but assuming you pushed MAG to 6 in chargen: taking MAG 6 to 7 is 35 karma.  That's a chunk.  But yes if you spend it, you get a PP too.

EDIT a bit of future proofing for this post: No, this isn't also true for MysAds.
« Last Edit: <05-22-20/1833:10> by Stainless Steel Devil Rat »
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-22-20/2118:50> »
Yes, IF you spent all that karma.  Initiating isn't too pricey, but assuming you pushed MAG to 6 in chargen: taking MAG 6 to 7 is 35 karma.  That's a chunk.  But yes if you spend it, you get a PP too.

EDIT a bit of future proofing for this post: No, this isn't also true for MysAds.

Hmm, good point....always cheaper to go initiation. 46 Karma would equal 3 and being really close to a 4th initiations, vs 1 Initiation and 1 Mag Increase. Only time to increase Mag rating is at Initiate Grade 6 for PhysAdept.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <05-22-20/2121:32> »
For initiation, it says use highest magic skill + Magic...how does that work for PhysAdepts? No magic skills would be just rolling Magic? Would it be rolling Magic -1 due to not having a magic skill and defaulting on it?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-22-20/2303:17> »
My reading is you use the highest skill that you use in conjunction with your adept powers + magic.   So, potentially, Close Combat.   Or Athletics.   Or Con/Influence, for Social Adepts.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.