NEWS

Hacking Drones

• 2 Replies

Unahim

• Omae
« on: <08-06-18/0554:06> »
Hey there, Chummers.

How should one handle drones (both PC drones and NPC drones) being hacked in Anarchy? What does the hacker roll against? If you deal matrix damage to a drone, what happens? I play with PC drones that only have Armour, so are they just out right away? Does their armour start peeling off of them in meatspace? Should they get a Matrix CM of 8 + something?

These questions keep me up at night.

Gingivitis

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <08-06-18/1259:29> »
For my games, I do use Armor-only stats for Enemy Drones as well. When they take Matrix damage, it comes off of the same Armor. I don't think of vehicle Armor as armor plating; I think of it as total functionality of the drone/vehicle. Data Spikes fry the insides, and bullets damage the outsides, but they can both take down a drone.

I use Logic (or the rigger's Logic) for the Matrix defense of the drone. If a rigger wants to, they can buy a Firewall Amp to help protect their drones. You can make anything an Amp in Anarchy, so make a RCC Amp.

Drones can also be repaired with Engineering and be back in the fight next Narration.

Shameless Plug: I have the stats for a lot of rebalanced NPCs, including drones, at www.surprisethreat.com.
Shadowrun: Anarchy Resources (GM Screens, Character Sheets, New NPCs, House Rules) at: www.surprisethreat.com

Unahim

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-06-18/1703:11> »
Alright, cool. That works for Matrix damage. Do you let enemy hackers try and take them away from a Rigger's control, too? Somewhat of an iconic move after all.