NEWS

Chrome Flesh Errata

• 250 Replies

Adamo1618

« Reply #240 on: <05-03-16/0603:50> »
UNIVERSAL SEALANT
This nanotech application is used extensively in space and undersea habitats and is becoming increasing common in a number of fields. It employs nanites suspended in a polymer gel/foam that hardens upon contact with air.

How the F does it work in space when it hardens in air?

Coyote

• Chummer
« Reply #241 on: <05-03-16/1019:26> »
UNIVERSAL SEALANT
This nanotech application is used extensively in space and undersea habitats and is becoming increasing common in a number of fields. It employs nanites suspended in a polymer gel/foam that hardens upon contact with air.

How the F does it work in space when it hardens in air?

It's used in space and undersea HABITATS, not in space and in water. Basically, if you're in a space or undersea habitat and a leak is sprung somewhere (like by some shadowrunners without the sense to use gel and/or flechette rounds), you spray this on the leak and it seals it. The air that hardens it is on the inside of the habitat, and you're using it on the inside of the habitat.

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #242 on: <12-15-16/1705:13> »
On P. 93, a comment by Glitch mentions the Encephalon Bioware. However, itīs not mentioned elsewhere in any of the current SR5s books.

As far as I know, this was a quite common Hacker/Thinktank augmentation in previous editions. Maybe not as iconic as Wired Reflexes or Cyberspurs, but also nothing obscure. Maybe it was forgotten in SR5?

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #243 on: <12-15-16/2228:26> »
Glitch misspoke. Encephalon has always been cyberware, not bioware. It hasn't been updated for SR5 yet, as far as I can tell, but the SR4 version seems reasonably compatible.
SR4 Augmentation, p.36
SR3 Man & Machine, p.20
SR1 Shadowtech, p.49

Xexanoth

• Chummer
« Reply #244 on: <01-18-17/1248:45> »
Page 161/162 Qualia, a transgenic that boost all Intuition SKILL related test by +1(so basicially Perception and maybe Disguise/Assensing) has an essence cost of 0.4.
This should be a lot cheaper considering
1. the rather minor Bonus(it's only skills so no Ini or Defense bonus)
2. the fact that a Cerebellum Booster give +1 Intuition for 50k and 0.2 Essence and isn't limited to just skills.
3. that the other Transgenics that have similar effect are at 0.1/0.2 Essence.
4. Perception can easily be buffed more for a lot less.

On the other hand, PuSHED(Page 160/162), the Bonus for +1 to all Logic Skill Tests seems rather cheap for 0.1 Essence, when it basicially gives Deckers a +1 to all main skills and +1 on a lot of Rigger skills.
(not to mention the amount of Logic skills in general).

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #245 on: <03-03-17/1213:57> »
The cyber-snob quality requires that the character start out with at least one Essence point's worth of betaware-grade 'ware.  However, characters are limited to used/omegaware, standard, and alphaware at character creation.  Prime runner play and the restricted gear quality don't change this - they only raise availability limits.  So, it is such a snooty quality that you can't even take it...?
Its a case for Errata .
Cybersnob's supposed to crave Alphaware at least ;)
(I'm quite disappointed at Pegasus because that slipped by the German books too)

Hough
Medicineman
Necroposting, but I interpreted Cybersnob as the one negative quality you'd get karma for if you took it post-chargen. Betaware is so expensive and access to betaware clinics do restricted that getting the prerequisites to be a Cybersnob in the first place is an impressive feat in and of itself that deserves a bonus reward, especially if you're a streetsam packed to the brim with 'ware.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #246 on: <04-22-17/2051:49> »
Synaptic Acceleration states that it doesn't work if you have augmentations that also increase Initiative Dice; does this include magical effects or drugs? In either case, does it negate the entire bonus or just the initiative dice?

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #247 on: <05-12-17/1620:13> »
While I'm loath to post in Errata with absolutely no Errata to report; Augmentations are technical augmentations. Magic and drugs are, generally , not augmentations.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

&#24525;

« Reply #248 on: <05-12-17/2112:44> »
I think the intention is blanket term all "unnatural" increases as boosts to rectify that.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #249 on: <05-12-17/2153:56> »
I think the intention is blanket term all "unnatural" increases as boosts to rectify that.

Not sure where you get the idea that "augmentation that increases their Initiative or grants any Initiative Dice" should mean a blanket term.

The restriction in Synaptic Acceleration is written in the exact same way that all of the other geneware restrictions are listed:

• Skeletal Pneumaticity; If you have an augmentation to your bones, skeletal pneumacity has no effect, but you do not regain Essence lost for taking the treatment.
  • Solus; If you have an augmentation to your skin, solus has no effect, and you do not regain Essence lost for taking the treatment.
  • Microgravity Adaptation; If you have an augmentation to your bones, this augmentation has no effect, and you do not regain Essence lost for taking the treatment.

So it means just that, if the character has an augmentation (cyberware, bioware, basically anything implanted) that affects the system described (bones, skin, initiative), then you lose the effects of the geneware. In the case of Synaptic Acceleration, that would mean everything, the geneware has no effect.

&#24525;

« Reply #250 on: <05-12-17/2307:45> »
My bad :P I read that as Synaptic Booster.  Yeah Geneware doesn't play well with others.