NEWS

So has the release of the core book been pushed back?

• 55 Replies

Gamerdad46

• Newb
  • Olde school gamer
« on: <08-08-19/1737:35> »
Hi all, still a bit new out here but just wanted to ask the question about the core book. Most sites that have it up for pre sale still seem to say the 15th but some of the posts I’ve read out here say otherwise. I’m not seeing anything official from any part of the main site though. Just wondering if anyone has any clarity about it.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <08-08-19/1751:27> »
There was talk during GenCon about physical release in October and PDF release a bit before then. Don't know the exact details.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <08-08-19/2352:06> »
I believe the PDF was supposed to be one month before the release of the physical book.

digeridork

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <08-09-19/0524:42> »
So if their release schedule holds, though I'm not confident in that at this point, then this will be the first edition in which the GM Screen drops before the physical book.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-09-19/1615:07> »
If the core book is pushed back, I would expect the majority of the other products to be pushed out accordingly or, best case, they all release concurrently.

topcat

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <08-09-19/2239:46> »
Man, I hope so.  Give it another balance, editing, and errata pass before printing more copies.  I'd even buy a new copy.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <08-09-19/2344:09> »
Man, I hope so.  Give it another balance, editing, and errata pass before printing more copies.  I'd even buy a new copy.

Way to late for that. The printing is done. A second printing might happen but not this year for sure. Edits and errata, while they should be included, have never been part of CGLs strategy. Better to wait and advertise a revised printing at about the 2 year mark.

Gamerdad46

• Newb
  • Olde school gamer
« Reply #7 on: <08-10-19/0242:22> »
That’s what I would think. Books have been printed, there is no turning back at this point. So I guess my question would remain, what would the hold up be? Clean up the errata? Printing more copies? I mean books are out there at this point, even if just to a small group, what would the point be of holding it back unless there is some odd logistical reason we are unaware of?

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <08-10-19/0834:58> »
Have plans changed from this:

https://imgur.com/a/zDDiNnt

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <08-10-19/0935:28> »
That’s what I would think. Books have been printed, there is no turning back at this point. So I guess my question would remain, what would the hold up be? Clean up the errata? Printing more copies? I mean books are out there at this point, even if just to a small group, what would the point be of holding it back unless there is some odd logistical reason we are unaware of?

Slow boat from China.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <08-10-19/0945:49> »

Slow boat from China.

Customs clearance

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <08-10-19/0955:52> »
At least they made it OUT of China.  I hope.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Hephaestus

• Omae
  • "Milk Run" is a mighty weird way to spell TPK
« Reply #13 on: <08-11-19/1300:35> »
Maybe the delay is so they can print up physical copies of the 10-page errata they published and stick it in with each copy of CRB6?

Cabral

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <08-11-19/2352:16> »
Is there a description of the different versions? All I have heard about the core rulebook editions is that a Limited Edition and Executive Edition exist and their respective prices. But what do they bring for the price hike? Were the different editions available at GenCon?