NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1170 on: <11-04-18/1059:07> »
Again, thanks for the continued work on this!!

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1171 on: <11-08-18/1216:01> »
I've found another issue I'm having trouble with: the Adapsin augmentation.

Once it's taken, it only works properly on all-new augmentations taken after installing the Adapsin.  That's on the surface ok, since that's more or less how it works under the rules...

But it gets all wacky when you remove or upgrade cyber that existed prior to the Adapsin. For some reason chummer starts ignoring essence holes once you have adapsin.

For example: I have a character with 3.18 essence before messing around. I have muscle replacement 1, planning to go higher, but want to save some essence down the road so I install Adapsin, down to 2.98.
When I want to improve Muscle Replacement (alphaware) to rating 2, chummer makes me delete the augmentation and then install a rating 2.  However, when I remove the rating 1, my essence remains 2.98 and I gain an essence hole of 0.8 (as technically proper).  But the issue begins when I install the rating 2 that now costs 1.4 essence with alphaware and adapsin: my essence drops from 2.98 to 1.58 and my essence hole remains at 0.8.

I've tried hitting "reapply improvements" at various steps of the process, and it never makes the end result work right.

« Last Edit: <11-08-18/1220:54> by Stainless Steel Devil Rat »
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1172 on: <11-08-18/1710:04> »
A bug seems to have crept in with Essence Holes not being used properly. Investigating it now.

&#24525;

« Reply #1173 on: <11-08-18/1859:49> »
Is it just me or do Reaction Enhancers not stack with Wired Reflexes?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1174 on: <11-08-18/1908:44> »
Chummer doesn't currently handle wireless bonuses. It's a WIP feature that will likely be in the next milestone.

&#24525;

« Reply #1175 on: <11-08-18/2205:32> »
Ok! cool

Pericles

• Newb
« Reply #1176 on: <11-28-18/1126:56> »
Is there any chance of Chummer being updated to include a way to designate sprites as a Sprite Pet, from the technoshaman only complex form in Kill Code?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1177 on: <11-29-18/0856:04> »
Just added it a couple of hours ago; it'll be in the next nightly. Behaviour's a little quirky, needs more testing, but it should bypass the restrictions and charge the appropriate amount of karma and such.

halflingmage

• Chummer
« Reply #1178 on: <12-23-18/2236:14> »
Is it possible to run Chummer5 on Linux?  We had a reshuffle of who is using what computer in my house and the majority of my time will be on a little Linus laptop my daughter recently acquired.  The linux laptop won't run her art programs, so we ended up switching.  We have got wine and Lutris running on it (and league of legends, yeah!)  I tried downloanding the current build of Chummer with chrome, and was able to unzip it, but I cant figure out what to do next, I cant find an .exe or similar.  Help please?  And use simple, explicit instruction, my brain is not as young as it used to be.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1179 on: <12-23-18/2246:36> »
Most likely you've downloaded the source files. You'd need to grab the appropriate release version that'll have the binaries. http://get.chummer.net/ for latest build, http://stable.chummer.net/ for latest milestone.

Running Chummer through Wine should work, but I'm told it's a bit finicky to set up. https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/wiki#using-wine

halflingmage

• Chummer
« Reply #1180 on: <12-23-18/2325:19> »
Thanks for the link,  my brain is too muddled at this point but Will attack it again in the morning.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1181 on: <01-08-19/0526:17> »
Hey all, the new milestone build for Chummer is now available, featuring content from Better Than Bad, a lot of refinements to the UI to better support translations, and a bunch of other fixes. As you'll note from the below wall of text, our devs have been quite busy with quality of life improvements and various bug fixes more than implementing new features aside from what's required for Better Than Bad's content. Speaking of BTB, greyware is built to work per the rules, but it has no validation of what it is allowed to apply to. Make sure you confirm with your GM what you're allowed to use it on.

As always, I need to thank everyone who's donated their time and effort to making Chummer better; this product wouldn't exist without the assistance of people providing pull requests for new code, fixes and translations, or taking the time to report issues that we can resolve. One thing that people have asked me about for a long time now is what they can do to support Chummer; not everyone's a developer, after all. Historically I've had some issues with the idea of taking donations due in large part to feeling like I'm standing on the shoulders of giants already and haven't had a concrete idea for what I would use the money for anyway. I've since decided to change that stance in order to accommodate some things I want to do in the future, such as using a code-signing certificate to increase Chummer's trustworthiness to anti-virus endpoints, and generally build a war-chest with which to fund further development shenanigans in the future. So with that in mind, I've created a Ko-Fi page at https://ko-fi.com/chummer. Ordinarily I'd go with a Patreon for something like this, but I can't think of any reward tiers that are appropriate without unfairly prejudicing my development process or murdering the free time I have. I need to make clear that Chummer is free, and will always remain so. Any funds raised will be used purely for development and support of the application.

Anyway, </maudlin>. We have some exciting new features in the works for this year, the coolest of which is undoubtedly a replacement for the Omae character exchange that Archon-Megalon on our Discord has been working on. This will allow searching for characters based on specific criteria, automatically uploading your character files to remote storage, and some other neat features as the project continues to develop. We're also looking to have the new options branch integrated which will allow for a much smoother experience creating and using the application's various optional rules. Once I've cleared out a bit more of the backlog, I'm hoping to implement the wireless and proper drug systems, though this may well continue to take a backburner to fixing existing functionality.

Anyway the milestone build is available from https://stable.chummer.net or through the application's updater, per normal. For the socials, you can join our Discord chat at https://discord.gg/4BBTSs.

Build 204

Application Changes:

- Fixed an issue where certain controls (e.g. Skills, Knowledge Skills) would not get their children controls translated. Fixes #3171.
- Fixed an issue where drag-and-dropping weapons in career mode, as well as drag-and-dropping gear under certain circumstances, would not work. Fixes #3172.
- Added an option to the dice roller tool where a roll glitches if there are more 1's than hits rather than more 1's than half of the character's dicepool.
- Fixed a regression when purchasing Cyberware in Career mode in which it would not properly deduct from Essence Holes first. Fixes #3188
- Fixes an issue with the calculation of lifestyle multipliers. Should fix #2639, fixes an issue with trolls not stacking correctly.
- Fixed an issue with martial art techniques not being able to be refunded properly if removed. Fixes #3196
- Fixed page offset changes not properly being stored.
- Fixed a regression with exotic skills not picking up improvements. Fixes #3204
- Fixed issues with objects not moving correctly when dragged between locations. Fixes #3079
- Allowed gear to use forbidden and required nodes similar to those that can be used by qualities, cyberware, metamagics, and others.
- Implemented most content from Better Than Bad, with exception of life modules and the Hard Luck quality.
- Fixed incorrect behaviour for cyberware purchased via Black Market Pipeline not properly being discounted. Fixes #3244
- Added basic functionality for the Sprite Pet from Kill Code. This is not currently restricted to the technoshaman archetype.
- Mildly ugly fix for cybersuites that come with cyberlimbs not properly being counted for attribute calculation.
- Added a catch to prevent Chummer from crashing when updating if old files are still being held by other applications. Should fix #3250
- The Digital Doppelganger quality now allows for Fake SINs as a requirement.
- Added gear as a requirement check.
- Added condition checks to critter power purchases separate to the existing catregory filtering.
- MetatypeRemovable metagenetic qualities now no longer count towards metagenetic limits. For example, Wakyambi with Surge don't have to remove their Celerity quality.
- Fixed an issue with the Select Weapon window causing a crash if receiving incorrectly filtered strings. Fixes #3256
- Fixed an issue with built-in weapons being incorrectly added to the first weapon mount in a list.
- Fixed an issue with lifestyle multipliers that prevented them from calculating their cost correctly if they reduced the cost below 100%.
- Fixed missing text changes for the Delete Metamagic button that prevented it updating properly for Technomancers.
- Fixed a potential crash when importing non-Technomancer characters from Herolab into Chummer.
- Moved all Attribute references out of CharacterShared and into AttributeSection.
- Collapsed Special and Physical attributes into one list, since we weren't using them for any particular purpose anyway.
- Fixed an issue with MAG being removed incorrectly when using the Mystic Adept Second Attribute optional rule if the charactrer started with a magic attribute, such as shapeshifters. Fixes #3253
- Fixed behaviour of plugins incorrectly applying their Essence costs in career mode instead of using the capacity cost. Should fix #3279, may have some additional edge cases.
- Mildly ghetto workaround for inability to remove gear from a cyberware parent. Probably needs a more universal and robust fix, but it's functional.
- Added a tooltip to the positive and negative quality labels to show where the karma costs have come from.
- Fixed a crash when loading qualities and lifestyles in PACKS kits.
- Added validation to ensure that custom drugs are given a name before they're accepted.
- Swapping a negative quality for a cheaper one no longer costs karma.
- Purchasing Ammo for weapons that have a particular name restriction (Narcoject PEP firing peak-energy units, for example) will properly be filtered to that restriction in the Select Gear window.
- Fixed an issue with removing fettered spirits not properly removing the Fettered magic loss. Will retroactively fix any affected characters on load.
- Fixed an issue with loading the attribute section that caused it not to refresh attribute-dependent properties.
- Fixed an issue with vehicle locations that caused them to not work correctly. Some issues remain with adding children to locations inside vehicles, but root-level locations work as expected again.
- Fixed regressions in behaviour of the Improvements tab not properly populating names or showing what they improve.
- Allowed multiple ammo slots for a single weapon to better support the Hammerli Gemini and Shiawase Arms Monsoon. Fixes #3312
- Fixed an issue with inability to remove Gear from its parent.
- Fixed behaviour of the WeaponCategoryDV Improvement when specifying names instead. Fixes a regression with the custom improvement not working correctly.

Data Changes:

- Fixed Autopicker having an incorrect cost. Fixes #3167.
- Fixed an issue with Japanese translations of certain lifestyle qualities caused by duplicate entries. Fixes #3168.
- Added content from the German-exclusive sourcebook "Hamburg".
- Removed redundant 'Enable Spells and Spirits Tab' improvement. Closes #3189
- Added an optional rule from Chrome Flesh to allow Trolls to treat their horns as per the bio-weapon on page 121 of Chrome Flesh.
- Fixed incorrect requirements for the Special Modifications and Prototype Materials qualities.
- The Dual Natured critter power now grants access to Astral Combat. Magical Guard now grants access to the Counterspelling skill. RAW implies this is correct, but I'm not super confident in it. Closes #3195
- Added missing critter powers from Dark Terrors, courtesy of Keeper M.
- Per updated Runnerhub Rules, the Liminal bodies are now available and Armor enhancements can be added to skulls and torsos.
- Fixed conditional behaviour on the Death Dealer quality to properly work for Mystic Adepts. Fixes #3255
- Fixed an incorrect cost for Household Gremlins (1600 instead of 600).
- Fixed incorrect costs for the Dermal Alteration (Rhino Hide) and Functional Tail (Prehensile) qualities.
- Added an amend file to allow the Practice, Practice, Practice quality to be taken multiple times, per German data changes.
- Fixed incorrect ratings on the Fortified and Slick Willy booster chips.
- Fixed a crash when selecting components of Commlink Functionality on gear. Fixes #3178
- Fixed damage and AP of the Narcoject PEP. Fixes #3295
- Fixed incorrect level limitation on the Mystic Aptituide power.
- Reorganised weapons.xml data layout per XSD.
- Added emergency vehicle from Stolen Souls, courtesy of Catpocalypse on Discord.

New Strings:

- Checkbox_DiceRoller_VariableGlitch
- Message_CustomDrug_Name
- MessageTitle_CustomDrug_Name

Changed Strings:

- Checkbox_Options_PrintAllSkills

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1182 on: <01-08-19/1521:17> »
Thank you and all the other developers for the continued support and development of Chummer!

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #1183 on: <01-09-19/1803:35> »
...hmm still no Pharma or Designer Grades for drugs as well as no Handload option for Ammo.  Would be nice to not have to enter these all the time using the "Custom Item" catchall. 
Forsaken daughter is watching you

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1184 on: <01-12-19/0938:22> »
Awesome work...really appreciate all the time and effort you guys put into this tool!