NEWS

Post-convention gaming withdrawal

• 8 Replies

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« on: <06-27-11/1924:29> »
 :'(

Anybody else have a hard time returning to the real world after 44 hours of gaming in 4 days (I'm sure somebody played more games than nojose and I)?
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #2 on: <06-27-11/2031:08> »
Yes, I am.

On a side note, I now need another 26 Karma... :)  I had been saving for the 30 Karma it'll cost to bond the F5 Shielding Focus I got in Season 3, and I got up to 28 before I decided to initiate a couple more times.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <06-27-11/2041:05> »
I don't think I can post my feelings about all of you without breaking the terms and conditions of the forum.

I just hope I can make GenCon or something next year.  Or the year after.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #4 on: <07-10-11/0050:41> »
OK, stupid question....Is GenCon always at the first week of August? I want to go next year but I have to plan it against the local county fair, which everyone in my department is required to put in at least 16 hours at. Just trying to plan ahead and avoid any conflicts.

I don't think I can post my feelings about all of you without breaking the terms and conditions of the forum.

I just hope I can make GenCon or something next year.  Or the year after.

I feel your pain, CR. After Origins it's all I can do not to try and take off work (again) and burn a credit card (or three) to go. But, I am an adult (did I just say that??) and I have to keep my priorities in check.
« Last Edit: <07-10-11/0056:05> by Mystic »
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <07-10-11/0807:05> »
GenCon is usually the first week of August. They will announce the dates of next year's soon after this year's wraps up.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #6 on: <07-10-11/1425:44> »
Thanks, Jack. Time to start scheming.

*puts on scheming hat*

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <07-11-11/1042:43> »
Check with the city of Indianapolis.  Gencon Indy has been scheduled through 2014 already, thanks to the company signing a longer term deal with the city for the use of the convention center.

Edit:  Make that 2015.
http://www.gencon.com/2011/indy/cs/attendees/futuredates.aspx
« Last Edit: <07-11-11/1044:23> by DWC »

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #8 on: <07-11-11/1210:37> »
Sweeeet