• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« on: <06-22-15/1337:43> »
Figured that it would be worthwhile to post this info in it's own topic:

Q-WORKSHOP TO PUBLISH SHADOWRUN DICE

Posted on June 19, 2015 by Randall Bills

Q-WORKSHOP TO PUBLISH SHADOWRUN DICE

Dice.

The word says it all. Whether your primary gaming is board games, miniatures games, or RPGs, tabletop players of every stripe on every continent love their dice. And Q-workshop produces some of the finest dice anywhere.

“We’re big fans of Q-workshop,” said Randall N. Bills, Managing Developer for Catalyst Game Labs. “I own several bags of their dice. And yet every time I stop by their booth at a con I can’t help but look to see if there are more to grab. That we now are working together to produce the coolest dice you’ve ever seen for Shadowrun … yeah, just fantastic. I only hope that this relationship can lead to other gaming dice, since we might have a few fantastic games that would fit their brand of brilliance like a glove.”

Q-workshop has a license to publish Shadowrun dice. They will start with sets for the Street Samurai, Spellcaster, and Decker. Future sets beyond these three are already being planned.

"Shadowrun has always been the biggest and the coolest cyberpunk/fantasy RPG out there” said Mateusz Kaluzny, Custom dice and license manager for Q-workshop. “When I told our graphic designers that we were going to make the dice for Shadowrun, they started working on them immediately; you could see a thrill on their faces”

“Part of our team was raised on the BattleTech board game, another Catalyst Game Labs title. Working with the team on the Shadowrun dice is like a dream come true. This is a remarkable moment,” said Michal Lisowski, International Sales Director. “We are always keen to make more dice—one can never have enough! I am looking forward to a full Shadowrun line and maybe some other dice for Catalyst Game Labs”

Q-workshop is looking forward to making and offering the very best Shadowrun dice ever made. The dice will be available at Gen Con, as well as before Gen Con as pre-orders through the online store Q-workshop.com.

Look to www.catalystgamelabs.com and Q-workshop in the future for more details surrounding these coming dice!

About Catalyst Game Labs
Catalyst Game Labs is dedicated to producing high quality games and fiction that mesh sophisticated game mechanics with dynamic universes-all presented in a form that allows beginning players and long-time veterans to easily jump into our games and fiction readers to enjoy our stories even if they don’t know the games.

Catalyst Game Labs is an imprint of InMediaRes Productions, LLC, which specializes in electronic publishing of professional fiction. This allows Catalyst to participate in a synergy that melds printed gaming material and fiction with all the benefits of electronic interfaces and online communities, creating a whole-package experience for any type of player or reader. Find Catalyst Game Labs online at www.catalystgamelabs.com.

About Q-workshop

Q-workshop is the manufacturer of the world’s most beautiful ornamented dice & accessories.
They offer a wide range of RPG and wargames dice for every game and setting, with their own unusual designs: Elven, Dwarven, Dragons Orcish, Steampunk … and the matching dice bags & cups.

Q-workshop also publishes the official licensed dice for Pathfinder, Numenera, Warmachine & Hordes, Call of Cthulhu, Arkham Horror, Kingsburg, Deadlands and many other games!

Interested in creating your own custom dice? Q-workshop can help you as well! All products are made in Poland, EU, but Q-workshop ships worldwide. Find Q-workshop online at q-workshop.com.

Some additional pictures from Tumblr:

Snake Eyes

• Chummer
  • I am the Matrx
« Reply #1 on: <06-22-15/1512:18> »
This is really cool, i will definitely be interested in getting the 'Street Sam' and 'Spellcaster' sets ;D
Knowledge is power, guard it well.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <06-23-15/1556:36> »
gorgeous.  I'm assuming 20 a pack?  almost $100...
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-23-15/1720:35> »
They look like six packs.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <06-23-15/1807:29> »
I think he meant $20 a pack
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.
Therefore, if ignorance is bliss, enlightenment must be pure hell.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <06-23-15/1816:26> »
Assuming 6 per pack, at $20 a pack, you'd end up spending $100.  I like having ~20 dice for SR
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #6 on: <06-23-15/2226:27> »
They're nice and all, but...  I'll stick with my custom Ork Smiley dice that I got for $1 a pop from Chessex a number of years ago :)  I have 2 bricks of 12. :)

Or the SR "S" dice they do through Chessex.

Q-Wrkshop's dice are just too expensive and too pricey for my taste.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <06-24-15/0724:30> »
Well, I must admit that I've got a thing for dice... :-[

I managed to have a friend pick up 45 of these at Origins and a couple of bricks of the "S" dice from Chessex. Some will get passed on to others in my group, but figure I have LOTS of dice...at least until the next packs come out. ::)

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <06-24-15/1846:34> »
As cool as they are..  a little surprised they've done six packs for a game as notorious for its high dice pools as Shadowrun, sure 5th edition has tamed it somewhat... but even still your average character is going to need 3-4 packs of these.

A hard sell when you can go to your local board game store and get a brick of 45 D6s, more than enough to run just about any 5th Ed character, for about half the price of 6 of these.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #9 on: <06-24-15/1857:22> »
It's a Q-workshop decision, not a CGL one.  And as expensive as Q-Workshop dice are, 6 for $20 makes more sense from a marketing standpoint than, say, 20 for $60 or whatever.

None of their dice sets are very big anyway, so this is par for the course.

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #10 on: <06-25-15/0112:37> »
I also imagine that the Shadowrun license can't be very cheap to have official SR dice.

I think buying a pack or two would be worth it for the novelty. But I can't really imagine spending a C note on a fist full of dice.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #11 on: <06-25-15/0125:31> »
I'm thinking to buy a pack or two to combined with the old German ones. Maybe a pack of each
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #12 on: <06-25-15/0125:52> »
These look like really cool novelty pieces to me, though.  I dig the stylized imagery, etc, etc, they just seem kind of impractical to use the 20+ of that some characters might need (especially if you like to run spellcasters, street sammies AND deckers, do you really want dice for all of them?!).

My plan is to buy a box of each, and use them for Edge dice for my appropriate characters. 

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <06-25-15/0925:59> »
My plan is to buy a box of each, and use them for Edge dice for my appropriate characters.

I'm thinking about using one as the wild die in my WEG Star Wars game.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

GeLrIrToCrH

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <06-25-15/2041:52> »
Is there any chance of some kind of 'box set' option? Perhaps a slight price break for buying in bulk?

No matter what, I'm probably gonna buy these anyway ;D