NEWS

Where do I actually find official errata?

• 8 Replies

Kelsey C

• Newb
« on: <11-11-14/2337:01> »
I am looking for all the errata for 5E that is available and I really can't find anything that seems official. Is there somewhere to go to find it all listed?

Sorry if this is a silly question, I've seriously tried google and everything.

8-bit

« Reply #1 on: <11-11-14/2348:12> »
Here is all the current official errata for SR5.

Core Book Errata
Run & Gun Errata
Street Grimoire Errata

Kelsey C

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <11-11-14/2353:39> »
Wow, awesome! Thanks. Guess the submersion cost thing isn't like "official official" yet. Was hoping to have something to show my GM, looks like I'll have to pay the 30 karma unless he agrees with no proof.

8-bit

« Reply #3 on: <11-11-14/2359:41> »
Wow, awesome! Thanks. Guess the submersion cost thing isn't like "official official" yet. Was hoping to have something to show my GM, looks like I'll have to pay the 30 karma unless he agrees with no proof.

Hero Lab is sometimes used for rules checking. The errata, as far as I know, hasn't been updated recently; despite being a "living" document.

Here is a quote from Michael Chandra in the Rules FAQ thread.

Quote from: Michael Chandra
So..would Hero Lab count as Official Clarifications? If so:

1) Yes, the cost of internal Smart Links is just the price of the weapon.

2) The whole issue with Submersion being multiplicative is additive

As far as I know, it is intended that Submersion is 10 + (Grade level x 3); it was simply a proofreading/printing error.

-----------------------------------------------

As a personal opinion, your GM shouldn't be penalizing Technomancers that much. Even if it wasn't RAI, I would say it is additive, not multiplicative. Technomancers are already behind most other archetypes, especially their mundane counterpart, the decker, by quite a bit. There are plenty of threads and math to back that up. Giving them a small break such as that is not going to make the game fall apart.
« Last Edit: <11-12-14/0233:39> by 8-bit »

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <11-12-14/0029:27> »
There is also the MIssions FAQ which contains a lot of errata including a clarification on technomancers. 

There is link to the current Missions FAQ in this thread.

Kelsey C

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <11-12-14/0031:27> »
Thanks guys. We use Hero Lab so it being fixed in Hero Lab will be good enough I think.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #6 on: <11-12-14/0142:42> »
FWIW, Hero Lab is not the "official character builder by Catalyst."  It's a third-party program by Wolf Labs, who has a licensing agreement to utilize material from the books.  This agreement does give Hero Lab a lot of legitimacy though, because the material is based on official sources.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

8-bit

« Reply #7 on: <11-12-14/0233:21> »
FWIW, Hero Lab is not the "official character builder by Catalyst."  It's a third-party program by Wolf Labs, who has a licensing agreement to utilize material from the books.  This agreement does give Hero Lab a lot of legitimacy though, because the material is based on official sources.

Ah, never knew that. I don't use the program. I'll edit it; thanks for the heads up.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #8 on: <11-12-14/0512:47> »
The format shouts + was intended, since otherwise it'd just say 30xGrade, and we got earlier editions to go on. If the GM was going to go with 30 karma nonetheless, I question his sanity.

Sidenote: German translation also has +Gradex3 iirc.

Anyway, HeroLab isn't 100% proof. For example, they ruled 'a two-handed attack uses a leading arm so only the agility of the leading (cyber-)arm applies', which is a rather... Interesting interpretation in a muddy area.

Nor is the German translation enough to go on. They may have fixed some things, but that could also be on own initiative as judgement calls that may or may not be overruled.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!