NEWS

[Resource] [Critters] Evo Spiker Guard Dog (Prototype)

• 3 Replies

BRodda

• Newb
  • I create stupid useless things.
« on: <01-13-15/1444:41> »
I figured corporations would be trying to take advantage of the new metagenetic genes being expressed and there are probably a whole new set of critters that have been bioengineered to tinker and try to turn a profit off of this.

So this is my take on a prototype gene-mod metagenetic guard dog.

Evo Spiker (Prototype v3.1)
Attributes:
Body: 4
Agility: 3
Reaction: 4
Strength: 4
Charisma: 3
Intuition: 4
Logic: 4
Willpower: 3
Edge: 3
Essence: 6
Init: 8 +1D6
Availability: 24F (once released 12R)
Cost: Once released the dogs are expected to sell for 5,000¥ for adult specimens that are fully trained or for 1000¥ for puppies.

Movement: x3/x10/+5
Skills: Intimidation 4, Perception (smell)5, Running 5, Tracking 6, Unarmed Combat 5
Powers: Enhanced Senses (Hearing, Smell), Natural Weapon (Spikes: , AP 0)
Weaknesses: None

Metagenetic Qualities (per RF)
Positive: Bicardiac, Bone Spikes, Celerity (reflected in movement already), Low-Light Vision, Gills (water)
Negative: Berserker, Nocturnal, Slow Healer

Notes: Spikers look like normal (if large) guard dogs with the exception of the large spikes along the head, forelegs and back. These spikes make it hard to grapple and the dogs themselves are known to run down any prey once they get its scent. They are faster and meaner than most dogs, but they are not yet ready for production due to the fact that they heal so slowly and are only active at night. They also are notoriously hard to control and have severely wounded several animal trainers. The gills were not an expected expression; researchers are still trying to discern if it is something they want to keep.
They are releasing the dog to select Alpha customers for field trials. Mostly larger installations with large amounts of open space to patrol.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #1 on: <01-14-15/1314:12> »
I would lower Cha and and logic raise agility and str, so to make them move formidable. Also, maybe some form of dermal armor. Mental stats are pretty high for a dog.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

BRodda

• Newb
  • I create stupid useless things.
« Reply #2 on: <01-14-15/1423:23> »
I would lower Cha and and logic raise agility and str, so to make them move formidable. Also, maybe some form of dermal armor. Mental stats are pretty high for a dog.

I thought the stats were high too, but believe it or not those are the RAW stats for a dog from the Critters section of the main rulebook.

Also the intention was to cyber the dog up a bit after everything is said an done. They are prototypes after all  ;D

Having "upgrade" packages with armor and a few other nasty things would be a nice shock to the players who think that they know what the dogs are like having fought them before.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #3 on: <01-14-15/1945:33> »
Well, damn, never looked at basic dog stats. My DM used some bio-drone dogs, they got diced, the lack of armor (or minor amount) couldnt deal with the runners AP from our weapons (we're almost Neon Pink).
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.