NEWS

[SR5] Street Grimoire - reprinting?

• 122 Replies

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <08-01-16/1850:16> »
Of the Errata (from 9/24/2014):

* Errata's revised Drain Value changes not in 2nd printing1.
* Errata's revised Range changes not in 2nd printing.
* Errata's pg 37 revision not in 2nd printing.
* Errata's pg 103 revisions (2 of them) not in 2nd printing.
* Errata's pg 105 revisions (2 of them) not in 2nd printing.
* Errata's pg 106 revisions (2 of them) not in 2nd printing.
* Errata's pg 109 revision not in 2nd printing.
* Errata's pg 110 revisions (3 of them) not in 2nd printing.
* Errata's pg 111 revision not in 2nd printing.
* Errata's pg 113 revision not in 2nd printing.
* Errata's pg 115 revision not in 2nd printing.
---End page 1 of 4 of Errata pdf---
Randomly choosing one errata on each of the 3 remaining pages
* Errata's pg 117 Lock Test Correction not in 2nd printing.
* Errata's pg 129 Group Bond Force Clarification not in 2nd printing.
* Errata's pg 177 The Beast's Way Power List Change not in 2nd printing.

So while...
Trouble is, the only change is the cover!
...is incorrect,
this...
NONE of the existing errata has been incorporated!
...is most likely very true.

1 Unless you're counting Sludge [Object], but my 1st printing version has the Errata's Drain Value so I always assumed that was just the Errata's need of Errata.
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <08-01-16/2155:04> »
If the drain value changes (the most obvious, first thing that everyone knew was wrong) aren't in this printing, then What was the fucking point?!?
« Last Edit: <08-01-16/2224:57> by Sir_Prometheus »

adzling

« Reply #32 on: <08-01-16/2242:40> »
Pretty new cover?

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <08-01-16/2253:04> »
The new cover is pretty swanky, so kudos to the artist.

Anyone know why it was changed?

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <08-02-16/0330:50> »
Seems like the Errata process has a more "wholesome" approach, judging from Patrick Goodman´s annoncement. Thus, no Errata in the reprint, even the most obvious?  ???

Stange choice, especially with all the ruckus about the missing errata. Is it going into physical print this way?

However, the new cover does actually look much better. Just not to end on a sour note ;)
« Last Edit: <08-02-16/0705:17> by Finstersang »

wraith

• Chummer
  • just another ghost in the machine
« Reply #35 on: <08-02-16/0737:08> »
If the drain value changes (the most obvious, first thing that everyone knew was wrong) aren't in this printing, then What was the fucking point?!?
]

Catalyst needed more copies to sell, and just changing the cover doesn't require going back through formatting, new proofs, and updating everything.

There's a reason that the only way we're getting anything like official overall errata is because someone came to them and offered.  It's been over 3 years since SR5 Core published, and it's been pretty obvious in that time that Catalyst isn't interested in spending any money on correcting the known flaws.

I can't really blame them, I'd probably be pushing on getting more books out to get money coming in as well, but it's frustrating as a fan of the IP.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <08-02-16/1053:57> »
An aside...anyone who purchased their PDF directly from CGL (BattleCorps) should go to their account and check their order. The download count should have been reset.

Mephisto

• Newb
« Reply #37 on: <08-02-16/1204:31> »
The new cover is pretty swanky, so kudos to the artist.

Anyone know why it was changed?

To fool chummers into thinking they were getting a new errata'd edition to grab more ¥?

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #38 on: <08-02-16/1233:28> »
The original price of the SG was $50...down $10 to $40 (before discounting). It is updated to incorporate errata/edits and the PDF will be revised as well.

Maybe I'm just too naïve, but when AJ Carrington passes along this type of information I wanted to believe it.

Fool me nine times...
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <08-02-16/1328:48> »
I pass along the info get... :-\

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <08-02-16/1849:21> »
This is being looked into...those changes were supposed to have been incorporated.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <08-02-16/1929:45> »
The original price of the SG was $50...down $10 to $40 (before discounting). It is updated to incorporate errata/edits and the PDF will be revised as well.

Maybe I'm just too naïve, but when AJ Carrington passes along this type of information I wanted to believe it.

Fool me nine times...
I'll be the first to agree that Catalyst has a communications problem, but that has nothing to do with AJ's efforts to keep us appraised of what's going on.

I pass along the info get... :-\
And you are greatly appreciated. For all my criticism of Catalyst and their business practice, I for one would just like to know that none of that extends to your efforts here. As someone who doesn't use the tumbler or Facebook, your information is what keeps me up to date on what's going on in the 6th World, so thank you for that.

wraith

• Chummer
  • just another ghost in the machine
« Reply #42 on: <08-02-16/1937:01> »
This is being looked into...those changes were supposed to have been incorporated.

Like the old playtests weren't supposed to have printed in the SR5 Core?  You guys really need to get a grip on your publishing process.   :'(

Appreciate you being up front about it, though!  Like Brackhaus says, please don't take my criticism of the results as criticism of you personally.  I'm just a frustrated fan who'd really like to think that the guys who hold the license to my favorite pen and paper game would have gotten their ducks in a row by now.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #43 on: <08-02-16/2302:08> »
I'd long mumbled about not liking reading pdfs, so I snapped up a copy of the new paperback version of the Grimoire, to have both a paper copy and the errata incorporated. I just checked a few items, and it doesn't look like they made it into the paper version any more than they did into the pdf.  At least the pdf can get re-issued again.

At least I can now mark it up by hand, which is looking more and more like the surest way to have the errata on hand ....  ::)

In the Quality biz, this is what we'd call a critical non-conformance, the sort of thing where '"we promise we'll do better next time" doesn't really cut it as a corrective action.  Catalyst needs to look at a major change of processes, or how they resource the role responsible, because clearly a key activity of the company is routinely failing.  It is the sort of thing that, in other businesses at least, contracts (and jobs) get lost for. 

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <08-03-16/0420:17> »
In the Quality biz, this is what we'd call a critical non-conformance, the sort of thing where '"we promise we'll do better next time" doesn't really cut it as a corrective action.  Catalyst needs to look at a major change of processes, or how they resource the role responsible, because clearly a key activity of the company is routinely failing.  It is the sort of thing that, in other businesses at least, contracts (and jobs) get lost for.

Plus, it´s often a very critical part of the product that´s missing or screwed up the most: Stat tables, pet prices (oh wait, that was totally intentional ::)), the Errata in the reprint of the sourcebook that people have cried for the most for over 2 years...

Jeez, if that happened in a sixth world A+ con, they´d probably be searching for a faceshifting deep cover spy in quality control or a rouge AI in the mainframe :P
« Last Edit: <08-03-16/0804:44> by Finstersang »