NEWS

Are there any Season 4 Initiate Groups yet?

• 2 Replies

ImmaculateImage

• Newb
« on: <09-17-11/1517:28> »
I read Bull's post from 10 months ago, but I'm unable to find whether any of these groups have been detailed. As I'm halfway to Prime Runner status and have spent less than half of my Karma, I'd like to evaluate my options. Thanks!

(And on an unrelated topic, thanks to Superbrawl Sunday, I'm apparently more than halfway to my own TV show. Ugh).

RT

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #1 on: <09-17-11/1813:38> »
Depends on your tradition, of course, but here's a group for Seasons 3 and 4:

The Conquistadors
Purpose:   The Conquistadors is a group of Hermetic mages, Christian theurges and warrior adepts devoted to mutual protection and service to the oppressed.  The group functions primarily in helping its members’ mystical journeys, through initiation and other magical resource sharing.
Members:   4
Strictures:   Exclusive Membership, Exclusive Ritual, Fraternity, Oath, Secrecy
Resources/Dues:
SRM Season 3 (New York):  Street.  Members share their personal resources, such as lodges, but there is no group headquarters.
SRM Season 4 (Seattle):  High Resources.

I imagine there are more out there, but Bull backed off of the initial crackdown because you still have to spend Karma to join and it doesn't pay off (Karma-wise) until you initiate 2 or 3 times in the group.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

ImmaculateImage

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-18-11/1517:03> »
Thanks. The magical group you've described isn't necessarily a natural fit (my character's a Zoroastian), but I'll keep my eye out to see what else is posted.