NEWS

Active Hardwires

• 4 Replies

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« on: <07-01-15/1638:34> »
There does not seem to be a rating limit for Active Hardwires so I'm thinking you could have a used active hardwire for a skill at rating 8 at chargen for .5 essence and 24k.  Not too bad if you have that one extra skill you really want but just can't seem to figure out how to come up with the skill points for.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-01-15/1642:39> »
You're limited to Rating 6 at chargen for anything.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-01-15/1832:47> »
Active Hardwires are a 1-6 Rating item.

(adds that to the FAQ/Errata pile)

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-01-15/1946:44> »

Yeah, I always forget about that rule.  Mostly because in a lot of cases it is a stupid, stupid rule IMHO.  Perfectly valid for some types of high tech items but disallow a rating 7 bow at chargen for a orc or troll?  Stupid.  I just ignore this at my table since there are so few items you can get over rating 6 at chargen anyway due to availability. 

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-01-15/2056:25> »

Yeah, I always forget about that rule.  Mostly because in a lot of cases it is a stupid, stupid rule IMHO.  Perfectly valid for some types of high tech items but disallow a rating 7 bow at chargen for a orc or troll?  Stupid.  I just ignore this at my table since there are so few items you can get over rating 6 at chargen anyway due to availability.

Bows and hardshell briefcases (that go up to Rating 12 for some reason) are weird cases.  I certainly allow those at chargen.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.