NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #4965 on: <05-09-17/0915:33> »
Guys sorry, haven't had much chance to dedicate time to SFW, Deckard is following the plan and giving a high five to all of his teammate for their ingenuity and resources! Let just say Deckard was busy with Astral Reckon around the Arcology.

I've been busy adding some touches to the RPGPlayroom site. The Private Messages are now working and added a link to a webpage with tons of SR5 material for reference.

Aria, you have not yet commented on Jack_Spade' note: Here but he raised a good point.
Seeing the particularity of the game (playing through the eras) that would indeed very much hinder the character and that Mercy is already a Vampire, I may scratch Athan, and go for an immortal elf.  Details coming soon.

Forbidden Arcana has some good stuffs!

Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4966 on: <05-09-17/1038:49> »
I had Greg issue the ID and pass as if I was on site as a security inspector and so the drones will hopefully be allowed as a tool of the inspection.  If not, well................
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4967 on: <05-09-17/1102:49> »
You realize that if there is some fuckery going on a security inspector would be the first to be targeted by whatever is going on down there.  ;D

But I trust in Al's ability to keep Robyn alive and well  8)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4968 on: <05-09-17/1148:46> »
Guys sorry, haven't had much chance to dedicate time to SFW, Deckard is following the plan and giving a high five to all of his teammate for their ingenuity and resources! Let just say Deckard was busy with Astral Reckon around the Arcology.

I've been busy adding some touches to the RPGPlayroom site. The Private Messages are now working and added a link to a webpage with tons of SR5 material for reference.

Aria, you have not yet commented on Jack_Spade' note: Here but he raised a good point.
Seeing the particularity of the game (playing through the eras) that would indeed very much hinder the character and that Mercy is already a Vampire, I may scratch Athan, and go for an immortal elf.  Details coming soon.

Forbidden Arcana has some good stuffs!
Sorry, got a reply up in the Cha Gen section on RPG! If you scrap Athan please untick the PC box and we'll still have a record of him!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #4969 on: <05-09-17/1233:19> »
You realize that if there is some fuckery going on a security inspector would be the first to be targeted by whatever is going on down there.  ;D

But I trust in Al's ability to keep Robyn alive and well  8)

I trust in Robyn's ability to keep Robyn alive and well - headlong dives into unnecessary peril notwithstanding.

But Al will help out if he can.

Anyway, I honestly don't think anything will be as it should be with the security down here - these sec guys are not right - near as I can tell from the backstory of all this (and I'll confess I've never been able to get a firm handle on the major events of Stormy Waters in the years before I joined), there's some major technomancery and CFD crap mixed into things - since this is all about an old enemy of Silk (with that Winter being at the top of that list, I think), my guess is that someone found out she was coming and laid a trap here.

Or just the place is going all Deus coincidental to our arrival...

But my theories are often wrong - either way, promises to be a blast!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4970 on: <05-09-17/1237:51> »
That makes way to much sense for my taste.
CFD is scary in such an environment - time to get the FBA
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4971 on: <05-09-17/1301:11> »
@Aria - assuming we are entering a "GMed" phase of the run down here and that you don't want me to just "collaboratively storytell" my way right the heck out of this predicament.

So I'll take things slow and run my actions by you.

But I need information!

There is no way Al is getting herded into processing, assuming that's pretty much a doom in itself.

So he'll do something, but I have almost no info on what things are like down here....how many people came down with us, how many guards, how are they equipped (besides tasers), do the guards appear to be using wifi comms, how do they appear to be directing the anthroforms (hand cues? spider? preset commands to dog brain?), how enclosed is the space, how many exits, are the exits open pathways or small metal hatches, how much noise is the increasingly upset corp populace making, are there passersby among staff already down here, are there signs saying where things are?

Obviously I don't expect all that, but hard to choose a course of action without at least some of it.

Depending largely on what the environmental factors are, Al will (in order of preference):

- Attempt a Sneak test to duck down a side passage
- pickpocket test on a guard for something that controls the drones or some doors (since I'm assuming my pass won't do squat)
- incite a panicked riot among the corpers being herded and take things from there in the confusion
- make a break back to the BS and hijack it away (that option only if Silk and Alyce can make it too)
or, last choice, or if any of the above goes completely south,
- take out a guard and so on; better to start fighting now than try to once we've been 'processed'

Will try to include Silk/Alyce in these things, but if I can only slip away on my own, then so be it - can then get to them later.

Again, all of the above depend on environmental factors I don't know, so let me know which looks most feasible from Al's POV.
If all look hopeless, then fine, he will still at least try one - just let me know which looks least futile.

adamu

« Reply #4972 on: <05-09-17/1632:57> »
@Aria - apologies - now that home from work reading more carefully - I do see that you've specified two guards, and that we are in some sort of loading bay, which I take to be fairly spacious? I also see that they do seem to be commanding the drones with hand gestures, which is also useful to know...though I suppose the guards must have some sort of wifi tag that makes them someone the drone would respond to...would like to spot that....
All that helps me a lot!

I am liking my 'slipping away' first priority more and more - good Sneak roll plus the large number of people and there being only two guys plus drones to 'shepherd' them...and making an obvious ruckus right now my make it so the BS never goes back up, in which case we don't link up with Isaint and Rick....

And the 'pickpocket' remains my second choice - if I could get a great roll in that, then I could then use the drones.

Also, now looks like Robyn is going to try reasoning with the guards...I am guessing they are pretty closed off, impassive, but maybe I read too much into your last post....? Looking forward to the guards' reaction to Robyn's play - if that works out (allowing us to bypass 'processing') then all the better (but not holding out much hope on that front....).

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4973 on: <05-10-17/0152:21> »
I put up a Chapter 2 in the Fan Fiction area for Sian.  Thanks to everyone who has read the first installment.  I hope that you can read the second and tell me what you think.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4974 on: <05-10-17/0620:44> »
@Aria - assuming we are entering a "GMed" phase of the run down here and that you don't want me to just "collaboratively storytell" my way right the heck out of this predicament.

So I'll take things slow and run my actions by you.

But I need information!
I still want this to be a collaborative effort and will give you plenty of leeway to describe your surroundings, but yes, a bit of GMing is called for!

So, some basics on the CTec Aqualogy:

Depth: ~800m, very dark, very cold!
Internal Atmosphere: 1AU
Fabric: Mainly plascrete domes, observation windows are mostly AR feeds apart from a few key locations, the surface platform is permanently tethered to the structure, two lifts follow cables down to the facility
Activities: High Pressure Engineering, Social Engineering, Black Projects
Personnel: ~200 (Admin 50, Scientists / Engineers 90, Maintenance 60, Security 20, Non-essential 30)
Key Equipment: Drones (lots of them, both inside and out), mini subs, escape pods
Security / Defences: Externally there is a sensor net and automated turrets, internally it works on the chokepoint principle with only two entrances to the facility - the welcome bay (where the lifts arrive) and the sub bay.  Once inside security is pretty light, mostly surveillance and some anthro drones.

There is no way Al is getting herded into processing, assuming that's pretty much a doom in itself.

So he'll do something, but I have almost no info on what things are like down here....how many people came down with us, how many guards, how are they equipped (besides tasers), do the guards appear to be using wifi comms, how do they appear to be directing the anthroforms (hand cues? spider? preset commands to dog brain?), how enclosed is the space, how many exits, are the exits open pathways or small metal hatches, how much noise is the increasingly upset corp populace making, are there passersby among staff already down here, are there signs saying where things are?

Obviously I don't expect all that, but hard to choose a course of action without at least some of it.

Depending largely on what the environmental factors are, Al will (in order of preference):

- Attempt a Sneak test to duck down a side passage
- pickpocket test on a guard for something that controls the drones or some doors (since I'm assuming my pass won't do squat)
- incite a panicked riot among the corpers being herded and take things from there in the confusion
- make a break back to the BS and hijack it away (that option only if Silk and Alyce can make it too) or, last choice, or if any of the above goes completely south,
- take out a guard and so on; better to start fighting now than try to once we've been 'processed'

Will try to include Silk/Alyce in these things, but if I can only slip away on my own, then so be it - can then get to them later.

Again, all of the above depend on environmental factors I don't know, so let me know which looks most feasible from Al's POV.
If all look hopeless, then fine, he will still at least try one - just let me know which looks least futile.
You are in the choke point mentioned above - only one route in to the facility from here, although several 'side rooms' are available.  It is designed to be open and welcoming with little cover to hide behind... your crate is probably in one of the side rooms, I'll be generous and say that Alyce marked it with an RFID tag so she can find it easily!  No sign of anyone else from inside the facility...yet

@Aria - apologies - now that home from work reading more carefully - I do see that you've specified two guards, and that we are in some sort of loading bay, which I take to be fairly spacious? I also see that they do seem to be commanding the drones with hand gestures, which is also useful to know...though I suppose the guards must have some sort of wifi tag that makes them someone the drone would respond to...would like to spot that....
All that helps me a lot!

I am liking my 'slipping away' first priority more and more - good Sneak roll plus the large number of people and there being only two guys plus drones to 'shepherd' them...and making an obvious ruckus right now my make it so the BS never goes back up, in which case we don't link up with Isaint and Rick....

And the 'pickpocket' remains my second choice - if I could get a great roll in that, then I could then use the drones.

Also, now looks like Robyn is going to try reasoning with the guards...I am guessing they are pretty closed off, impassive, but maybe I read too much into your last post....? Looking forward to the guards' reaction to Robyn's play - if that works out (allowing us to bypass 'processing') then all the better (but not holding out much hope on that front....).
As you've guess the guards aren't going to respond to Alyce's ID, instead ushering her in to Processing (note there's no such place on your schematics!)

The gestures are likely AR commands through their links rather than anything more covert...

The lifts have already begun to return to the surface unless you do anything to prevent that...

Over to you to ask more questions or run with it from here...?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4975 on: <05-10-17/0719:46> »
How long does it take the BS to go up and down? Also, is there a convenient place where Rick could turn him and Isaint invisible?
Because, provided we receive the feeds from what happens down there with the next trip, Isaint would definitely prefer they sneak past processing
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4976 on: <05-10-17/0743:05> »
@Aria - brilliant - thank you very much.

Okay, I will combine by first and second choices - i.e. use the crowded confusion to sneak off to a side room (whichever seems most feasible - not too worried about the crate, and don't use AR so can't follow Alyce's tag) - but take something useful of sec-zombie on the way.

For the "pickpocketing", will try to grab something that looks like it will identify me as a drone controller to the drones, then once in a room, I can slip into AR (yuck) and then make a drone go crazy so Silk and Alyce can also slip away....

That's the basic plan.
Of course, the ladies may have their own ideas, but mine shouldn't interfere - this way the other players can act as they wish.

Hardware test to identify most useful thing to steal
spot good booty: 13d6t5 2
Reroll that
reroll spotting booty: 11d6t5 3

So five hits to spot what I need to order the drones around

Pickpocket test Note that with Light Fingers 4, he has four dice off his pool in the opposed test.
Pickpocket: 10d6t5 2
I going to hope that's enough since his opposing pool should be pretty low....

Sneak to a room
Sneak: 11d6t5 4
That should be good enough - but if they do beat that on the opposed, I will use another Edge to reroll.

Will IC the start of my actions, and leave it to you to adjudicate, Aria.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4977 on: <05-10-17/0813:52> »
Well the guards didn't notice you so in that respect you are free and clear...the cameras are ubiquitous (and unobtrusive) though so who knows if someone is watching your every move?

You have his 'link...it gives AR control of the drones but if you want to do something that is likely to be counter to their normal programming you might need to make some rolls???  You could try and persuade it that the guard is a packing crate?  ;D

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4978 on: <05-10-17/0820:57> »
Thought you might all be interested in the 2075 Timeline I've been working on to try and keep vague track of where all the run events etc sit... might even make them hyperlinks one day!  I've picked a few canon events from the second tab that seem pertinent to 2075, make of that what you will  8)

<<2075 Timeline>>

Will add the link to the OP site too!

adamu

« Reply #4979 on: <05-10-17/0924:01> »
Well the guards didn't notice you so in that respect you are free and clear...the cameras are ubiquitous (and unobtrusive) though so who knows if someone is watching your every move?

You have his 'link...it gives AR control of the drones but if you want to do something that is likely to be counter to their normal programming you might need to make some rolls???  You could try and persuade it that the guard is a packing crate?  ;D

Fun idea, but teamwork makes the dream work...