NEWS

New Gm, New Location, Looking for some starter advice

• 2 Replies

Disturbedone0777

• Newb
« on: <06-17-15/1328:42> »
Hey there all. Relatively new to the shadows and was looking for some advice.
So small introduction. I'm a GM of about 12 years now. I've played game systems like white wolf and D&D (all). Was looking to get into something a little more post modern with an interesting feel. Seems like shadowrun was perfect for me. Picked up the core book, grab a few supplements for the newest edition and got a small group of people interested. I was wanting to get involved in the living campaign missions if it were possible.

I used to be part of, and a big proponent of Wizard of the Coast's run LIVING GREYHAWK.  Was wanting some suggestions on where to start out? Is there a logical entry point into the shadowrun:missions campaign setting?

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #1 on: <06-17-15/1522:45> »
Disturbed,

Welcome to the Digital Jungle! The best place to get started - well, are you a Catalyst Demo Team Agent yet? If not, I suggest you look into that at http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=8653.0

As for the Adventures, the ones that are currently available can be found at http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17971.0

There are currently 18 generally available Shadowrun Missions modules available for the  Chicago season. If you are a CDT Agent, there are currently 21 more available. If you wait until after con season, there will be another 10 a CDT agent might be able to access. (Not including the Prime mission).

As for which modules to start with, how familiar are you with Shadowrun? Also, where abouts are you located?

Thanks,

The Masked Ferret
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

Disturbedone0777

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <06-18-15/1533:07> »
Thank you Ferret. It's entirely possible you are the gentlemen that contacted me via direct email. if not I'd still like to thank you for your help. I have discovered that our local stores do in fact have shadowrun days already organized and I am going to try to work with the group that is already here, hopefully have some great times.