NEWS

MilSpecTech Errata proposal

• 4 Replies

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« on: <06-26-12/0749:08> »
Hi Folks,
I am currently translating the Runner's Black Book in french, which forces me to look into details. Here is the list of issues we spotted in MilSpecTech. Not all of them are new issues, many were already reported in various threads of this forum (thanks to the posters by the way). And yes, some of them are nitpicking :)

Introduction:
I assume that Info Sante’ is instead Info Santé.

Ferrari “Appaloosa”:
One shadowtalker (Orbital DK)  mentions that its interior is much better than a standard military vehicle whereas it has Amenities (Squatter) which is lower than the standard value for vehicle (Low, as per Arsenal p131). In fact this is the lowest possible amenities, equivalent to a bus or cargo plane. I assume I should read Amenities (Middle) which is the level just above the standard level (or eventually Amenities (Low) if we consider that military vehicule are not comfortable)
The last shadowtalker is Slamm-O! (with a letter). I assume he is Slamm-0! (figure 0)

Krupp Phoenix MK VI:
* used in table but not referenced in text below should likely be * vs. people/ vs. vehicles

Izom MT-87J Torpedo:
The last shadowtalker is Slamm-O! (with a letter). I assume he is Slamm-0! (figure 0)

Ares Demonfire:
The AP is listed as -2/-5 without any explanation. I assume it is vs. people/ vs. vehicles.

Federated-Boeing Unicorn:
It is equipped with Adaptive Programming which does not exist. I assume the author meant Adaptability Autosoft

Federated-Boeing Woodstock & Marine Technologies Ahuitzotl:
They are equiped with Reduced Signature which I does not seem to exist. I assume the author meant Signature Masking.

Hawker-Siddley Huitzilopochtli:
It is branded Hawker-Siddley in the title but Aztechnology before the statistics block. I assume I must use Hawker-Siddley everywhere, as it is done for the Mixcoatl.

On top of these points, there are some mismatches between the drawings and the description of some vehicles. The following points are present in the drawings (with specific text) but not in the statistics. I guess they should not be all added, but it may be better for the reader to explain that some other versions of the vehicles exist with those modifications:

GMC MPUV: Searchlight, Winch, optional Weapon Mount (external, turret, manned)
    LAV-98 “Devil Rat”: Searchlight, Smoke Generator, Weapon Mount  should be a turret instead of flexible.
    LAV-103 “Stricker”: Searchlight, Smoke generator
« Last Edit: <06-27-12/0439:28> by Carmody »
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <06-26-12/0936:36> »
For completeness, see also the Official MilSpecTech errata submission thread.

Regarding the French translation, see my remark on EFA Variants "Trache 6".

Federated-Boing Unicorn:
What is Adaptive Programming ? I am not able to find it in any book...
It may be the Adaptability Drone Autosoft from Unwired, page 114 (itself referring to page 113). Rating cannot go beyond 3 however, so it may be something else entirely.

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <06-26-12/1059:23> »
Hi Nath, nice to see you here,

Note that I am working on the RBB version of MilTechSpec, with Nightfire comments added, which is already a kind of errata when he explains that such vehicule is unarmed by default but that there are some available packaged, that is why I did not took back all of the points mentionned in the previous topic.

Regarding the "Trache 6" it has been errated to "Tranche 6" in RBB. You are being listened to  :D

Finally I guess you are right for the Federated-Boing Unicorn. I have updated me previous post, thanks :)

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #3 on: <06-27-12/0009:46> »

Federated-Boing Unicorn:
It is equipped with Adaptive Programming which does not exist. I assume the author meant Adaptability Autosoft

Federated-Boing Woodstock & Marine Technologies Ahuitzotl:
They are equiped with Reduced Signature which I does not seem to exist. I assume the author meant Signature Masking.

Federated-Boeing
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <06-27-12/0439:09> »
Thanks, typo fixed