NEWS

This Old Drone erratas proposal

• 0 Replies

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« on: <06-26-12/0644:07> »
Hi Folks,
I am currently translating the Runner's Black Book in french, which forces me to look into details. Here is the list of issues we spotted in This Old Drone. Not all of them are new issues, many were already reported in various threads of this forum (thanks to the posters by the way). And yes, some of them are nitpicking :)

ARES SENTINEL “P” SERIES DRONE:
1/ It has Track Propulsion as standard upgrade. I assume I should read Rail Propulsion instead, as per Arsenal p. 141. Note that the same error has been made for the Ares Sentinel “R” Series (Arsenal p.118).
2/ It has a Weapon Mount (Turret, Visible), I assume I should read Weapon Mount (Turret, External).

FERRET RPD-V1 PERIMETER DRONE:
Am-Mut shadowtalker talks about Cantonese Confederation, I assume I should read Canton Confederation instead. Or maybe the error is done on purpose as the shadowtalker himself had the confederation name wrong?

AZTECHNOLOGY GCR-65S:
the GCF-65S is equipped with a Tacnet software Rtg. 1. I assume I should read Tacsoft Rtg 1. as per Unwired p. 127.

RENRAKU EVENING MIST:
It is equipped with a Smoke Projector (standard), however according to the description of this modification in Arsenal p. 143, the Smoke Projector cannot be mounted on mini-drones (that is the meaning of the “(standard)” that shall not be added here by the way).
I do not know how to fix it, most probably the best solution is to add a note explaining that this drone is an exception of the usual rule as this modification is the heart of the drone.

YAMATETSU WATCHER 4890:
1/ It is mentioned in the description of the drone that it has balloon tires, with a long sentence explaining the advantages of such tires. However there is nothing related in the drone equipment. Shouldn’t we add Off-Road Tires as standard upgrade?
2/ In Hannibelle’s shadowtalk, replace You’ll lucky if [...] by You’ll be lucky if [...].

MCT HACHIMAN:
1/ It is equipped with a Targetsoft 1 which does not exist. I assume I should read Targeting autosoft 1 instead.
2/ It is also equipped with a Spotlight which does not exist. I assume it to be a Searchlight instead.

ARES AIR-SUPPLY:
It is equipped with a Special Storage without any explanation about what in this storage is special... any clue?

RQ-4 GLOBAL HAWK:
The description mentions the former state of Iraq. However according to the 6th World Almanac map Iraq still exists. Is it written this way to refer to the former borders of Iraq or is it just a mistake?

MQ-8 FIRE SCOUT:
Being an helicopter, it should have Improved Takeoff and Landing 2 as a Std Upgrade.
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.